PDA

View Full Version : Playhouse Disney?

GeminiAngel
02-21-2005, 12:06 PM
What's going on over there? I thought I had read somewhere rollie pollie olie is out, JoJo is in, I hope that is true DD LOVES JoJo. :geek:

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-21-2005, 12:53 PM
That is the rumor. I am sure someone will post as soon as it opens, with an update. We are going in mid March, if noone posts about it before then, I will.

Fozzie
02-22-2005, 04:05 PM
What's going on over there? I thought I had read somewhere rollie pollie olie is out, JoJo is in, I hope that is true DD LOVES JoJo. :geek:

Yes, Rollie Pollie Ollie is gone for good - he and his pals played their final performance yesterday. That segment is being replaced with JoJo. The show will be back up in about two weeks.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
02-22-2005, 05:40 PM
The kids love jojo, but they also really love Ollie and that segment got the little ones up dancing. Sad to see it go.................

Fozzie
02-22-2005, 06:11 PM
You're not alone. Ollie will be missed. Many would have rather seen Pooh go away, or at least the really dull song at the end of the Pooh segment. But, alas, Pooh sells more merchandise.... :rolleyes:

GeminiAngel
02-22-2005, 09:30 PM
I too would have rather seen Pooh go. Pooh just isn't that exciting in Playhouse dis.

My2kidsrule
02-23-2005, 05:12 AM
There was a thread on this subject last week (or was it on another board?). I was at DCA on Monday and was talking with a CM about it. The strollers for rent at DCA all have name cards that tout Jojo's arrival. And yes, it's Rolie Polie Olie that's going see ya!. I asked the CM why Pooh wasn't going out (Or even Bear, since it's barely on anymore). He said that there was a lot of talk about both of those things and the CMs asked. All involved apparently admit that Pooh is the slowest part of the show, but Pooh is a classic Disney character, and the reaction from kids when Pooh, Tigger, et al show up on stage is enough to keep it there.

The CM said he heard that the Jojo portion was going to be quite elaborate. Something about Goliath the Lion being shot out of a cannon. So while my kids love the Olie portion (my son loves dancing "The Twirl"), Jojo will be a welcome change. Now, if only we could get rid of the lame curly-haired dude jamie. I like three of the four Jaimes I've seen, but the curly haired dude is just lame with it. The African American woman Jaime is the best.

justlittleoldme
02-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Man! The Jamie we saw was really, really cute. I was one happy mom. He even came over and danced with my littlest one for a bit. I can't wait until its back!

JSKoehler
02-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Aww . . . you mean there is more than one Jamie? :D If we were able to go more frequently, that would really confuse my kids.

We saw the WDW/MGM version Thanksgiving 2003. Jamie was an Asian-American woman who looked somewhat like the actress from Out-of-the-Box.

Jojo will be welcomed by one of my sons, but not be the other, who is an Olie fanatic.

Spookygirl
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
:( Please, please think good thoughts for an early open on Playhouse Disney, LOL! We are going to be there a few days before the calendar says it's going to open, and my DD would LOVE to see it again! She loves Jojo! (as it's playing in the background here) I know it's probably too much to ask, but it would be great if she could see it this trip... :p

mystycalchyk
02-23-2005, 07:57 AM
The African American woman Jaime is the best.

Well then I guess we were lucky :)

I've only been to this show once and we loved it. She was the 'Jaime' we had.

We just had never thought to go before since we dont have the Disney channel and werent familiar with the playhouse Disney characters, plus it was obviously a 'kid' thing and we dont have kids. But when we went in September and took our niece and nephew we thought they'd like it. They did of course and so did we. So much so that we would go again, even without kids.

Im sure thats just weird. :|

My2kidsrule
02-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Yeah, I didn't think I would like it at all, but I admit I have a fun time. And sitting and watching the kids go nuts dancing and gathering the streamers and breaking the bubbles is worth the time spent waiting for it.

Plus, Playhouse Disney gives me more respect for Allyce Beasley, aka Miss DiPesto from "Moonlighting." She's the voice-over person for the channel.

Fozzie
02-23-2005, 11:33 AM
The CM said he heard that the Jojo portion was going to be quite elaborate. Something about Goliath the Lion being shot out of a cannon. So while my kids love the Olie portion (my son loves dancing "The Twirl"), Jojo will be a welcome change. Now, if only we could get rid of the lame curly-haired dude jamie. I like three of the four Jaimes I've seen, but the curly haired dude is just lame with it. The African American woman Jaime is the best.

It's True, the new Jojo segment involves Goliath being shot out of a cannon.

The "curly-haired dude" Jamie performs more than any other actor in the role. You must admit, he's got a great singing voice....

Fozzie
02-23-2005, 11:35 AM
:( Please, please think good thoughts for an early open on Playhouse Disney, LOL! We are going to be there a few days before the calendar says it's going to open, and my DD would LOVE to see it again! She loves Jojo! (as it's playing in the background here) I know it's probably too much to ask, but it would be great if she could see it this trip... :p

Keep your fingers crossed. The word is that there may be a quiet reopening of the show a little early. But this is probably only if everything works out and there aren't any problems....

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-23-2005, 12:51 PM
I wish they were getting rid of the Pooh segment too. It was just not as exciting as the Ollie one. But I bet the new JoJo part will get the kids excited too.
We had the same Jamie that the others were talking about, all the times we have seen the show, she was great.
Sort of like we have the same Starla for Buzz every time too.