PDA

View Full Version : Why.......

Ace
12-22-2001, 09:37 PM
..........don't they cancel the plans for the third park and spend the money on rehabs and new rides for the park that was never completed in the first place?
.......Don't they fire Eisner, who costs so much when a true fan would take that job for a fraction of his salary and do a much better job?
.........don't they fire Pressler, since he doesn't get it and someone else would?
.......don't they stop cutting little things, like area-specific costumes, since those don't cost that much compared to the feeling they give. Would you rather have your fastpass be taken by an Indy-lookalike or a guy in khakis that looks like a tourist??

just my opinions......

Nigel2
12-22-2001, 09:48 PM
On eisner
Well the average fan doens't know jack about buisness and especially how to run it. Odds are if the average fan was in charge the company would be bankrupt in less than 5 years.

Costumes.
It does cost alot for area specific costumes, besides production you have to factor in (if they do wash them there) the cost for washing each land in seperate loads and also specialized maitenence for the clothes.

Pressler
Many say he should be sent back to the disney store area but thats enough on that for now.

Morrigoon
12-22-2001, 09:50 PM
Nigel: that would be me. The Disney Stores, and Disneyland were both much better when Pressler was in charge of the stores.

Nigel2
12-22-2001, 09:53 PM
Good then you can expand for young squink for me on Pressler's actual possitive work.

Ace
12-22-2001, 09:56 PM
ok. rain on my parade. if that floats your boat, then go ahead. not very possitive of you, though.

innerSpaceman
12-22-2001, 09:58 PM
And I'll agree wholeheartedly with Squinky. And yeah, elimination of area-specific costumes may not be the end of the world, but it's Disneyland death by a thousand cuts that's going on as we helplessly watch. um, not a very Christmassy thought. (sorry.)

Morrigoon
12-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Pennywise, pound foolish. - Benjamin Franklin

Nigel2
12-22-2001, 11:02 PM
I love to rain on people's parades, but back to the FP.

I read on MP (not sure if it was the fourms or articles) that alot of attraction CM's hate doing FP distribution area stuff, but it didn't say anything about collection so I can't be sure. Odds are they wan't FP to be sepeate from the rest of the park at the cost of themeing, but what are you going to do?

Run4Beanies
12-23-2001, 12:19 PM
It may cost money to make and clean costumes, but they have had costumes since, the beginning of the park. WDW has 4 parks and numerous other facilities that need costumes, and they don't get khakis.

Nigel2
12-23-2001, 09:39 PM
So? The budget could have been cut for costumes at the DLR but WDW was probably able to keep them. Odds are the "simple" fp costumes don't get repaired, just tossed and replaced.

MouseWife
12-24-2001, 06:18 AM
Squinkys idea was to cancel out the third park and use the money that they would use for that one to fix the other ones.

Not just the complaint about the costumes. But, if they can't even afford to keep the themed costumes then why are they thinking of expanding?

I hear a lot of complaints about DCA and how it was done on a tight budget.

Squinky is only a lad but I think he can see things pretty clearly.

I think it is great that Disney did purchase some property for when they ARE ready for expansion, but, if the parks need help, help them first.

Doodle Duck
12-24-2001, 01:10 PM
Squinky has the game...well put Squinky one.

Nigel2
12-25-2001, 09:35 PM
Yes they do need to fix up a little here (face it, in this day and age it is almost impossilbe to stay within budget and keep the parks in perfect condition without a large price increase). But they could be cutting corners already so they can have some more funding for the new park, but odds are they don't even have a set plan yet.