PDA

View Full Version : First timer info and request

Simon I
02-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Hiya guys,

I'm a new member here.

I've been visiting the WDW Resort FL from the UK regularly since 1998 now, and later this year I'm going to be visiting Disneyland Resort in CA. However, it's part of a whistle-stop tour of the entire state (and Vegas) so I will only be staying in Anaheim for 2 days, one for each park.

I'm writing to ask two things....firstly will it be possible to do every single attraction (mainly rides and shows) in both theme parks in two days (I want to do this because even though my family and I will have been on most of them before, I've heard that many are actually quite different. I'm thinking Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Pirates?, and the new improved Space Mountain.

If not, could someone please tell me which rides are a must do for someone who may probably only have this one chance in the forseeable future (and whose parents probably won't go again) to visit Disneyland and California Adventure.

Secondly, I know I've only been around for a while, but I've got a HUGE favour to ask. Please could someone who has recent guidemaps from DL and CA please either post me copies or email me them over the internet. I'm after the free guidemaps that are available as you enter the park. I presume its the same in DL as WDW? I can't find any on the internet with a key to what everything is, and I really want to plan both days so I can make the most of what little time I have in the parks so I can do as much as possible.

If anyone can do this, or has any other tips please either reply here or email me at

wil.fam@btinternet.com (MY EMAIL ADDRESS)

Thank you very much...and be prepared to hear lots more from me on here and the WDW board in the coming days, weeks and months!!!

Simon

P.S. On a VERY OT thread, I don't suppose any one has ever seen the musical Sunset Blvd and liked it? If you have then come over and join the other board I'm a member of and discuss. (just drop me a line...or email! and I'll give you a link). I'm sorry if that shameless plug offended anyone, but I'm new and I'm not familiar with the moderators on here and the Blvd forum is pretty low on active members lol!

S.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Depending on when you are going you probably won't be able to do everything in 2 days. You can get most of DCA done in a day though. And Space Mountain will not be open until the fall, scheduled for November so you may miss that.
Must sees at each park:
DL:
Pirates
Splash
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Splash
Big Thunder
Billy Hill (show)
Indiana Jones
Tiki Room (show)
Matterhorn
It's a Small World
Peter Pan
Alice in Wonderland
Storybook Land Canal Boats

DCA:
Soarin' Over California
Tower of Terror
Aladdin (show)
It's Tough to Be a Bug (show)
California Screamin'

I am sure others will have more ideas on must sees.

Sorry I cannot help you with your map request though. We are annual passholders, but live in Idaho so we don't go as often as some of the people that live near the park.

bradk
02-20-2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.visionsfantastic.com has interactive maps of both parks and goes into detail for most rides.

can you do everything in 2 days? it all really depends on what day you're going. DCA probably isn't a problem. DL? *might* be possible if you don't really want to go on EVERYTHING, like Dumbo or Casey Jr or other stuff that's geared towards the under 5 crowd. also, if the park is open late, you also have a better shot. in fact, it might be best to do DCA on a sunday, then head over to DL when DCA closes, or you're done with it, then follow up with DL on Monday.

Wendi
02-20-2005, 02:04 PM
I agree that it will all depend on your timing. You probably won't be able to do it ALL, but you will be able to do most.

You may want to check out www.ridemax.com - they offer a scheduling software to make the most of your visit.

Biscuit
02-20-2005, 02:14 PM
The book "Unofficial Guide to Disneyland" has touring guides which would help you decide what to do - indeed, one is called "Dumbo or Die - Disneyland in one day". It's intense, but doable. But as others have said, you can get DCA out of the way, and still have time in the day to enjoy more of DL.

SCUBAbe
02-20-2005, 02:39 PM
IMO 2 days is plenty. DCA can be done in half a day, then you have 1 1/2 days for DL. Utilizing fastpass and arriving early should get you on just about everything. :)

EandCDad
02-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm writing to ask two things....firstly will it be possible to do every single attraction (mainly rides and shows) in both theme parks in two days ....

Yes...and no. It really depends when you go. On weekdays in the off-season, it's possible to see and do every single attraction in both parks in two days, but if you are going on a weekend or during a holiday period, or during the summer (June-Aug) then it will be tough.

A few tips, get to the park before the published opening time. Usually a half hour before. Try to ride popular attractions (Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones) either early in the morning or very late at night. Ride stuff in Fantasyland during a parade.

If not, could someone please tell me which rides are a must do for someone who may probably only have this one chance in the forseeable future (and whose parents probably won't go again) to visit Disneyland and California Adventure.....

DCA

Soarin' over California
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
California Screamin'
Animation Building
Grizzly River Run
Disney's Electrical Parade
Sun Wheel
Aladdin (only if you are huge fan of either Aladdin or Broadway-type musicals)

Disneyland

Big Thunder
Splash Mountain
Indiana Jones
Pirates of the Carribean
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Star Tours (although it is EXACTLY the same as the one in France if you've been there)
Peter Pan's Flight
Space Mountain
Matterhorn
Parade - they have a new parade coming after May 05, it looks impressive
Fireworks - same as the parade
Fantasmic

You should be able to do all those in two days, easily, even if you are coming during a busy time.