PDA

View Full Version : What is the criteria for a "Good Neighbor Hotel?"

nvmom
02-20-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm just curious what makes a particular hotel a "good neighbor hote" w/Disney. Location, selling tickets, what? I know HoJos is one, and apparently the Desert Palms where we're staying is one also. I didn't notice that the first time I was on their website, but then I saw the good neighbor logo yesterday. Is their any benefit to staying at a good neighbor hotel?

Heck- tell me they have Mickey soap... my kids would love that!!

nvmom

rentayenta
02-20-2005, 12:42 PM
I'm just curious what makes a particular hotel a "good neighbor hote" w/Disney. Location, selling tickets, what? I know HoJos is one, and apparently the Desert Palms where we're staying is one also. I didn't notice that the first time I was on their website, but then I saw the good neighbor logo yesterday. Is their any benefit to staying at a good neighbor hotel?

nvmom

You have a PM :)

SCUBAbe
02-20-2005, 12:48 PM

nvmom

They do not have disney stuff in the rooms. I think thye are just authorized to sell tickets and they are part of the vacation packages where food can come with it. When we don't stay on property we have stayed in the good neighbor hotels on harbor.

bradk
02-20-2005, 01:04 PM
i don't think anyone is going to divulge the true nature of what makes for a 'good neighbor,' but i wouldn't be able to sleep at night if i didn't suggest that what makes a hotel a good neighbor is a sizeable consideration for the right to use the logo. after all, as a tourist, would you rather be staying at one of disney's good neighbors? or one of those alienated folks who live down the street?

granted i'm sure there's some other sort of requirement, such as the quality of the accomodations, but i wouldn't make the 'good neighbor' label a determining factor in terms of where you stay.

JeffG
02-20-2005, 02:41 PM
The "Good Neighbor" designation basically means that Disney has a contract allowing them to book rooms at that hotel/motel through the Walt Disney Travel Company. I would imagine that Disney probably has some service and facilities critiera in place that have to be met before they will enter into business with a hotel, but I've never seen those published.

-Jeff

Jeremiah
02-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Disney has a whole check list of things ranging from cleaness, guest service, and diffrent aminiteys(sp?) that each hotel must have before they can be listed as a "Good Neighbor" hotel. Some of the hotels around the park have been in the past GN hotels but due to problems or changes have been dropped in one way or another.

J

Nancy
02-20-2005, 03:55 PM
Check with Disney.com to make sure the place you are staying truly is a "Good Neighbor" as I know of one where we stayed that advertised they were. They were not and it was horrible. :)