PDA

View Full Version : LuminAria Opinions

LIMANDL4EVA
12-22-2001, 08:54 PM
After all of the remixing and tweaking around with LuminAria, what would all of you think about your opinions? Have they changed at all since opening night?:D

Cadaverous Pallor
12-23-2001, 11:32 AM
I think rethinking our opinions would mean seeing it AGAIN, and most of us don't want to do that. :D

Actually, I thought it was ok when I saw it the first time, and that's when the candles didn't even work. So I think I'd see it again, I just haven't visited the park in a while. Maybe I'll post a second opinion some time.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-23-2001, 12:42 PM
i saw it on wednesday, everything worked, they really remixed it from the first show, i personally loved it, except for the part where tehy show those perfect little kids throwing glitter around, thats plain out creepy, my fav pat was after the show when i got a closer look at the candles and the lights around PP, the candles were AWESOME!:D

tabacco
12-23-2001, 03:48 PM
I thought it was a pretty cool show. The only reason I didn't go see it a second time was that I couldn't make it over there in time because the person I was meeting was late getting off work.

SteveCJB2001
12-23-2001, 06:58 PM
ehh it was alright the second time I saw it (last tues). I saw it the first night and I thought it was alright. When I saw it on tues the Christmas tree didn't come up and so ya it was alright. I wish for once Iwould see a somewhat perfect show.

Rok
12-23-2001, 08:18 PM
I saw it for the first time Friday night and it was ok, from what I remember Knotts had a fireworks show on the lagoon when I was kid that was much better.

While we were leaving DCA the believe show at D-land was going on and I noticed quite a few people making comments that there was a 'real' fireworks show.

The christmas tree was a nice effect, however I could do without the video.

daannzzz
12-24-2001, 07:36 AM
I saw it for the first time on the 13th and thought it was beautiful. I don't understand how people think it is bad. I think there are alot of spoiled people around here!!!

merlinjones
12-24-2001, 07:58 AM
Sucks. All those ugly boxes and barges in the lagoon - - and who wants to see a big screen tv rise from a lake? Tacky, cheap, ugly... very DCA.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-24-2001, 08:49 AM
Please see my comments at:
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729

Also, I note that while there's a big (and completely unnecessary) time conflict between The Parade in DCA and the Christmas Fantasy Parade in DL, there's no such conflict between LuminAria and Believe: there's plenty of time to see both. (Note that last Wednesday, I had time to see The Parade,, Blast, LuminAria, Believe, and Johnny's last set of the evening at the Coke Corner, just going after work; I only had to return the following night to see One Man's Dream (good, but while I don't regard Eisner as the "anti-Walt," I do think he could have been more humble about his place in what Walt wrought) and the CF Parade. I still need to find time for the "Nightmare Before" Haunted Mansion, and to see the rest of the Pioneer exhibit in Innoventions (if hadn't had a major brain fart, I could've probably done the latter between the CF parade and Believe).