PDA

View Full Version : Last Day For Lincoln

Fozzie
02-19-2005, 09:34 PM
The sign outside Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln says that the attraction will close on February 21. I'm wondering if that means that the show will play through the 21st, or if the final performance will be on February 20.

I want to see the show one last time, and any help would be appreciated! :)

marktips
02-19-2005, 09:40 PM
It will be open on the 21st according to the calendar I have.

HorizonsA
02-19-2005, 11:19 PM
:( I do not want to see this attraction go :(

Vegitabeta
02-20-2005, 01:22 AM
Is it going for good?

bradk
02-20-2005, 02:40 AM
he's going for the duration of the 50th anniversary event, but he's been promised to return shortly after.

disney jones
02-20-2005, 06:31 AM
i made a point of taking the girls to this finally in December, but i should have taken them one more time on our February trip, since my Kindergartner is studying Abe and George this month.

SoCalDisneyLover
02-20-2005, 07:10 AM
It will be open through a supposedly wet President's Day on Monday. Disneyland closes at 11 PM that evening.

I am highly skeptical of Disney saying that it will return after the 50th celebration. My guess is that they are hoping lots of people will forget about it and it's history eventually, and when they just don't bring it back, it will be too late to do anything about it. We'll have to see if they remove the sign from the building, because that will say a lot about it's potential for returning.

Hakuna Makarla
02-20-2005, 08:03 AM
why would they take it awy for the 50th? it is a wonderful part of disneyland, why would it go? does this mean for a year or more? or until the 50th starts up in May?

SoCalDisneyLover
02-20-2005, 08:18 AM
My understanding is that it will be closed At Least through 2006. The 50th celebration is supposed to last 16-20 months from May 2005. It would not be back until December 2006 at the earliest.

Shortiemetoo
02-20-2005, 08:41 AM
They are bringing a new show in for the celebration of disneylands 50th birthday. I think it will also be about Walt Disney if I understood the CM correctly when I went a few weeks ago. She said after the 50th celebration the show will return, but it is not known whether it will return in the old version or the current version...I say combine them!!! :D Start out with the new version but then have them go to watch Lincolns speech in the first version!! Now that would be very very cool!!!

Cancer Norm
02-20-2005, 11:38 AM
I hope they DO bring Abe back, but jazz it up a little like havig him drink a "Big Gulp" at the end!

Disney_Nut
02-20-2005, 01:57 PM
Well, there's pics on the Internet of the sign saying that it'll return after the 50th, so if they don't bring it back, we can hold them to it. :)

Jeremiah
02-20-2005, 03:47 PM
I will be going down tomorrow night to see the last show depending on the time. I visited last week and I was 1 of about 15 people in there. What I loved is a little girl (5 or 6) was in there asking her dad if that was a real person, that makes the magic happen.

J

disneyguy247
02-20-2005, 07:41 PM
we saw it after fantasmic on friday

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-21-2005, 01:23 PM
I really wish I would have taken the time to see it last time we were there. DARN IT!

MZCosmo
02-21-2005, 04:26 PM
:crying:

Jeremiah
02-22-2005, 08:54 AM
Visited yesterday in the late raining afternoon and played to a half full group. I don't know if it was due to the rain or the fact that it was "the last day" but it went over well.

I hope when it does come back it goes back to the old show. While I love the current show it is much more about the audio then it is about Abe. Also something that bugs me is it's "Great Moments with" because it used to be different parts of a few speeches. Now it should just be a "Great Moment with" because it is only recreating his most popular speech.

J

Alex S.
02-22-2005, 09:04 AM
He is supposed to return. Though I wouldn't be surprised if when the 50th Celebration is over, the possibility of not returning is floated to test reaction.

However, I've heard that though he will not be visible, the Lincoln animatronic is not being physically removed from the theater. If true, putting the show back in place probably won't be that big of a deal.

Jeremiah
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
The most intresting bit of info I have found out is we are going to be loosing the other office for the 50th. The formal office will be packed up and shipped to the archives and both of those spaces will be used for other things (do not touch items). It's funny how we lost one with the promise it would be back right after the 100th in Fl. now we loose the other because of the 50th here. Lets hope after all of this we get both back along with Abe.

J

Darkbeer
02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
Maybe they will replace it with Michael Eisner's formal office....:mad: :crying:

Mistersh0w
02-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Oh man! Wouldnt it be cool if they replaced the Lincoln AA, with an equally as impresive life-like AA of Walt Disney giving his opening day speech!!? Think about it, it would be an amazing temporary addition to the 50th celebration...I think there should be an AA Walt in the park somewhere anyway...anyone?

Darkbeer
02-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh man! Wouldnt it be cool if they replaced the Lincoln AA, with an equally as impresive life-like AA of Walt Disney giving his opening day speech!!? Think about it, it would be an amazing temporary addition to the 50th celebration...I think there should be an AA Walt in the park somewhere anyway...anyone?

Walt's family has asked that there will never be a Walt AA made.

Nice idea, but will never be seen....

Mistersh0w
02-23-2005, 01:26 AM
wow, that's very sad...Any particular reason why? I think it would be an even better memorial than a statue...Anyone could have a statue of his/her self, but an Audio Animatronic!!? I just figure it would be an amazing tribute to the man who created the happiest place on earth...

tod
02-23-2005, 01:46 AM

No. The Opening Day speech would only last about ten seconds anyway.

Walt Disney has already been devalued into a symbol by the image-happy company that bears his name (They will plaster the name "Disney" on anything that will hold still -- "Disney's Fastpass," give me a break) perhaps best shown when Charles Boyer's Triple Self Portrait with Walt at the easel drawing Mickey on the canvas was sea-changed into Mickey at the easel drawing Walt on the canvas, completely reversing who was real and who was the creation.

Let him rest.

--t