PDA

View Full Version : A Walk in Walt's Footsteps

Vault Disney
02-19-2005, 04:36 PM
According to the information I have found, it includes:

A Walk in Walt’s Footsteps’ tour includes:

Private visit to Disney’s first Audio-Animatronics show, Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room.
Passage on the Disneyland Railroad
Private lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery (multiple menu items to chose from)
Collectable trading pin

Does anyone know what they are doing since the Tiki Room and the Railroad are down?

disney jones
02-19-2005, 04:46 PM
no, but the Disney Gallery is closed too.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-19-2005, 05:19 PM
Is the gallery closed for a long time? Will it re-open for the 50th??

Disney_Nut
02-20-2005, 01:58 PM
I think the gallery reopens on May 5th.

bradk
02-20-2005, 02:20 PM
for what it's worth, and i'm not sure exactly what it means, but a coworker of mine who's a disney fanatic was sorely disappointed in the walk in walt's footsteps tour. according to him, there's nothing you learn on the factual tour that can't be learned by reading an internet site or two.

personally, i'm more excited by the 'welcome to disneyland' tour (formerly the red carpet tour) which is less expensive and seems to offer a lot more benefits.

ozbeauticn
02-20-2005, 02:57 PM
I called the tour people and asked them this exact question. They told me that you do something on the Jungle Cruise instead and that the railroad is mostly just for the transportation, so they have you walk to the next place on the tour. I don't think the gallery is closed when we are going to be there (?) so I didn't ask about that.

figmentspark
02-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Since the Disney Gallery is closed they eat lunch at the Golden Horseshoe during the Hillbilly show.

ozbeauticn
02-20-2005, 03:05 PM
is the Disney Gallery already closed? I thought it didn't close until the end of March?

cstephens
02-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Does anyone know what they are doing since the Tiki Room and the Railroad are down?

We took the tour last October, when the Tiki Room was already down, and we did a special Jungle Cruise tour instead. We had our own boat, and rather than the regular spiel, the tour guide gave some background and history on the attraction. As much as I like the Tiki Room, I much preferred the special Jungle Cruise tour. After the tour, we stood outside, and the tour guide told us basically what he would have told us during the Tiki Room part of the tour. The only thing we missed was seeing the show itself, which is something we can do on our own.

The tour guide had mentioned that they were going to run into some difficulties when both the Tiki Room and railroads were down, but they hadn't decided at that point what to do in lieu of the railroad. As someone else mentioned, the railroad was really just transportation, so missing it wouldn't be a big deal.

I really enjoyed the tour. I had been apprehensive about whether it would still be interesting since I've heard/read a lot of Disneyland stories, but it's different when it's on a tour and seeing things for yourselves. We're actually planning on doing the tour again sometime this year for the 50th.