PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay for DCA?

Pages : [1] 2

MonorailMan
12-22-2001, 05:06 AM
My friends were talking, about DCA, and many of my friends like DCA. Now, I told them the only way you'll get me into DCA if it was Free. So the question, If DCA didn't have an AP, would you pay full price?

EandCDad
12-22-2001, 06:33 AM
I guess my answer would be no. I paid $10 to add the park to my current AP, but I hadn't been before then and I didn't have any plans to go for at least a couple of years.

The funny thing is that originally we decided not to go for about two years because we didn't want to deal with the crowds. He he.

Gracy_hm
12-22-2001, 07:06 AM
I would and have paid the $45 per ticket and I found it worth every pennie. I had the most fun I have ever had there.

merlinjones
12-22-2001, 08:06 AM
I have never once paid a penny to get into DCA and don't plan to in the future.

I have attended DCA as a freebie during previews, as the guest of a silver pass person and now as a free bonus to my DL AP. Admission money for DCA has never crossed a counter from my wallet.

If they think I will pay more next time for a two-park AP now that I'm accustomed to DCA entrance for free, they may have another think coming. Blast and One Man's Dream have given a temporary boost to the lifeless, ugly proceedings over there. There are only so many times I can ride Soarin'...

Not Afraid
12-22-2001, 09:03 AM
No, not at $40+. But I sure love having the benefit added to my AP. I may just get to loving it! OK, love is a strong word that is reserved for DL, but "like alot" I could see.

cemeinke
12-22-2001, 09:04 AM
I went when I got discount tickets for about $26. I had a good time and thought about going back at that price before year-end to see the Xmas stuff & Blast. Then I just upgraded my AP and didn't have to. So I guess $26 seems a fair price to me.

2CN
12-22-2001, 10:23 AM
I would pay for it... except not at $43 dollars. Maybe once they add a few more attractions, but even though I love it, it still is a tad too small for a $43 dollar admission.. they should cut at least 10 dollars off it permanently... maybe even more.

blusilva
12-22-2001, 10:37 AM
Nope. Didn't and wouldn't.

The only reason I upgraded my AP was because it was free. I went, I saw. I sat through the 3D movies, the non-3D movies the non-3d movies that moved, and the stage productions. I rode the ferris wheel and the rollercoaster.

I ate in one of the "better" restaurants in the park and was mildly impressed with the view, but much prefer the views in real seaside restaurants 15 miles away. The food was awful. The service was good, though.

I saw a fireworks display that paled in comparison to the fireworks I saw shooting over Disneyland as I left DCA. (To be fair, it didn't pale in comparison to the Safe and Sane stuff we light up in front of our house every July 4th.) I listened to an endless and irritating loop of songs about California.

On the plus side, there seemed to be 3 character per square foot ratio. It's not too often that one sees a Pluto so lonely and bored, that he attacks a Lumberjack Santa from behind. :) I had personal interaction with Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Chip, Dale (two versions, farmer version and sailor version), and Ariel. I also saw Mickey Mouse and Max in their respective "shows" and Donald and Daisy signing autographs all over the park.

And when it's all said and done....I saw it all in about 9 hours (spread over two trips) and I have absolutely no reason to go back.

I'm really glad it was free.

MickeyD
12-22-2001, 12:17 PM
Apparently I would pay $40 for the whole year since that's what I paid this year. But, no, I would not pay $43 for one day.

HBTiggerFan
12-22-2001, 02:44 PM
I paid once to get it added to my AP. cost me $30. If I had the option I was not going to get a 2 park AP again. But now I don't have the option. But now I have the ability to get a PAP instead of a DAP. I would never ever pay $43 for a day nor allow my friends to.

DisneylandKid
12-22-2001, 03:14 PM
Yes I would. Last night I went to DCA and had one of the best times I've had at the DLR.

mad4mky
12-22-2001, 03:23 PM
I have twice....at the $43.00 rate.

The first time, my husband actually paid. It was my Christmas gift last year from him. Airplane tickets, three night stay at The Grand Californian...and of course DCA...It was two weeks after the park opened. The park was empty then too.

I said I'd never pay to go back...but we took our girls in May. Of course they wanted to see the place. How do you say "no?" So...we paid again.

Last time we went down, 3 weeks ago...we bought AP's. None of us wanted to stay very long in the park though...Oh, the youngest did because she wanted her picture with Mike and Sully. Which we didn't get because everytime we got there...the castmember with them said it was time for them to go. She got disappointed 3 times...:(

driftwood714
12-22-2001, 05:24 PM
What's sad is that everyone here has APs and from the constant droning from website owners everyone hates DCA. It'll be interesting to see how many people will have to bail out when they raise their prices for the APs. They will not offer a single park AP anymore. So pretty much the 2 Park APs will go up and up. And the people who hate DCA can not get a pass at all.

bluepearl
12-22-2001, 05:59 PM
Everytime I went to DCA before I got my pass, I never paid for admission. I personally wouldn't pay the current fee they have for DCA for myself, though I have bought tickets for my mom and brother (twice I've paid for him to get in, but I get him the child's ticket) - I wouldn't pay to get into DCA alone. Interestingly, though, I do like the park. I have a lot of favourites there, and I can honestly say that I couldn't look across the way and not want to get into the park.

EandCDad
12-22-2001, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by driftwood714
What's sad is that everyone here has APs and from the constant droning from website owners everyone hates DCA. It'll be interesting to see how many people will have to bail out when they raise their prices for the APs. They will not offer a single park AP anymore. So pretty much the 2 Park APs will go up and up. And the people who hate DCA can not get a pass at all.

That's a good point. Although it is possible that they will continue to work on improving the park to the point that the increase in price will be justified for some when you include DL and an improved DCA. At least, we can hope.

Nigel2
12-22-2001, 09:24 PM
Well it's hard to say since I do have the AP, I probably would pay the 43 to get in, but it wouldn't be as often when compared to disneyland.

innerSpaceman
12-22-2001, 10:06 PM
Can't, Won't pay full price for DCA. Have been only when the price is discounted at or below the $20 range. Already bored with the place after 4 visits, and there's no one left to take for the first time, so that avenue of fun is also gone. So I don't think I'd even pay that anymore. It's good as maybe a $10 add-on to Disneyland, but that's it. How much extra do you think they'll be charging for DCA on next year's 2-parks, take-it-or-leave-it AP rates?

dcadon
12-23-2001, 12:15 PM
It's not as fun when your on a day pass as opposed to an AP. You can't relax and have fun because your trying to get your moneys worth. I like DCA and I was one of the ones who bought a $299 2park AP.
Sometimes I go in and just sit in the suncourt and stare out into hollywood.
I don't leave without riding Soarin' though. I fell it's my duty to enjoy that attraction as much as I can for all those who don't have access to it.

-DCADon

tjrj
12-23-2001, 12:37 PM
We had park hoppers when we went earlier this month-so yes we did pay. Until more is done to upgrade the Park it is definitely NOT worth the $43 full price tag. We all throughly enjoyed our visit and had a whole list of "do agains" for next time though.

Morrigoon
12-23-2001, 07:43 PM
It would be fairly priced at $25. If my AP wasn't 2-park, I'd probably go (at a $25 price) once every or every other year. I have never, and never will, paid full boat (or anything, so far) to get in there. Now they upgraded my AP for me, so I don't need to. The price increase had BETTER NOT be significant this year.

RocketTom
12-23-2001, 07:54 PM
Hey - it's tough enough for my family of 7 to get into DL without a 2nd mortage, let alone DCA. $301 for admission, $150 for food (dinner at Blue Bayou - actually it was more like $168), add on another $100 for incidentals and goodies.

For all the Non-AP, I think a fairer question would be - if you had about $500, would you take your family to DL or DCA? If you had $1000 split up over a year, would you take your family to DL twice, DCA twice, or each one once?

(I've done DCA on a preview day, haven't been back. Don't get me wrong - I like the park, I *love* soarin, but when the family speaks, they want to go to DL. I can only afford to go to DCA if it was for free.)

driftwood714
12-23-2001, 08:07 PM
Locals would be the majority of people who come to the parks on 1 Day Tickets... The new Resort is trying to cater to vacationeers, people staying for 3-6 days. I can understand people paying 43 dollars complaining about DCA. But people with the Park Hoppers (whether 3 day or AP), are able to go between the parks so they're not paying anything extra for DCA.

Nigel2
12-23-2001, 09:59 PM
$500 problem
Lets see $500 for DCA or DL for family of 3 subtract 1 for father who doesn't want to go to either (foot problems) and we usually don't eat there unless its for club 33 (which would take away gate admission anyway but we wont add that in) so I can say both since we don't want to buy anything and we usually eat at a good Japaneese place by the house anyway. So I will have to say both multiple times.:D

gautry
12-27-2001, 11:36 AM
THE ONLY THREE WAYS TO PAY FOR DCA

43 CENTS PER DAY
THE A BA C D E F TICKET SYSTEMS
AP

JoeCanadian
12-27-2001, 01:15 PM
I posted before how much I enjoyed Paradise Pier, and I still stand by it, but I agree DCA isn't a park that can stand on its own. Just imagine how bad it would be for DCA if Disneyland wasn't next door.

Honestly, California Adventure was more of an afterthought when we visited.

Oh yeah, I'd like to point out DCA may be bare, but it sure beats out Universal anyday. I mean, they had enough room on their little map to fit in pictures and descriptions of their "attractions" on one side. Total time to see all the attractions and shows? Arrived 9:30 and left 4:30.