PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How often do you visit Innoventions?

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin Yee
12-21-2001, 11:53 PM
Innoventions has some new stuff I hadn't seen before, and I realized I don't visit much. Is everyone like me?

MonorailMan
12-22-2001, 04:50 AM
On our 12/16 trip we skipped it. I don't know why, maybe we didn't wan't to waste our riding time. Once I'm in there, you can't get me out.

cemeinke
12-22-2001, 08:42 AM
We went once this year for the first time and really have no desire to go back.

I thought about seeing the new Pioneer exhibit, but it's not something to make me go to Tomorrowland. In general, Tomorrowland lacks any real draw for me, so I rarely venture there.

EandCDad
12-22-2001, 08:59 AM
We went once and never went back. I may try it again the next time I go without the kids just to explore and see if there is anything worth doing with them.

MammaSilva
12-22-2001, 09:05 AM
I went several years ago, shortly after it opened, I got motion sickness and had to leave...no plans to go back....if I'm going to get motion sickness I want to get it doing something fun :)

Not Afraid
12-22-2001, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva
I went several years ago, shortly after it opened, I got motion sickness and had to leave...no plans to go back....if I'm going to get motion sickness I want to get it doing something fun :)
Hey, MamaSilva

Want to ride the Teacups next time you're down?

;)

coronamouseman
12-22-2001, 10:39 AM
It's a shame that Disney couldn't take the time to round up some good support from high-tech companies to have some really nice exhibits - with the state of high-tech companies now they won't get much help these days.

A great display would be how high-tech devices are employed to manage and operate some of the Disney rides - for example, how the Disney coasters and their software are set up to allow for multiple cars on the track at the same time or how the randomization programs run on the Indiana Jones ride.

A display of the technology behind the Disney magic would certainly do better than some of the very trivial displays found in Innoventions right now.

mousey_girl
12-22-2001, 11:58 AM
We visited innoventions for the first time. Nickolas begged us for 2 days before we finally broke down and went inside. He loved it. We all found something to do. I compared it to the neighborhood arcade minus the quarters. Our son had a ball. My only complaint is that they need chairs so that the parents have some place to sit while the kids are playing.

MickeyD
12-22-2001, 12:20 PM
I've been twice and I don't really like it.

merlinjones
12-22-2001, 02:30 PM
I like the view from the outdoor balcony, other than that and "It's a Great big Beautiful Tomorrow" (the tune, not the singer) I find absolutely no reason whatseoever to go there. It gets me cranky.

mad4mky
12-22-2001, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
We visited innoventions for the first time. Nickolas begged us for 2 days before we finally broke down and went inside. He loved it. We all found something to do. I compared it to the neighborhood arcade minus the quarters. Our son had a ball. My only complaint is that they need chairs so that the parents have some place to sit while the kids are playing.

We've been once...back in the fall of 1998. Kids didn't want to go in, but we dragged them in. It was late, and we were all tired. They had a blast! I wish we had gone in earlier for them. And I too wish they had chairs for the parents. Iwould've just let the kids go and have a great time.
Then, we went to WDW...the kids spent a lot of time doing things at their Innoventions.
Even though I know there are some new things in Innoventions, no one wanted to go. We'd seen enough the other times.

We'd rather go on and see other attractions. Our times at DLR are limited...so we want to see the things we really want to see.

cyberRoo
12-22-2001, 05:32 PM
When was MouseAdventure (cruel, cruel series of questions, by the way)?

We don't generally visit Innoventions unless it's really, really hot outside, although we can be pretty entertained once we're inside...

bluepearl
12-22-2001, 05:55 PM
I go to Innoventions maybe once a week, just to see who's hosting. I have some favourite hosts that are absolutely hilarious, and make the really boring spiels actually funny. Usually I ask a CM who's hosting on the ring before going in, so I know whether or not my favourite CMs are hosting.

There's also another guy that works in there that always says hi to me, so when I go in I just say hello.

HBTiggerFan
12-22-2001, 08:39 PM
The poll is missing an option. Once but not since that time.
I have been there once, years ago.

papajorgio
12-23-2001, 03:50 PM
i guess no one has really seen the new preview of mission: spAce inside of innoventions?

innoventions is worth the time it takes to see the new stuff.
if youve seen it, skip it, but definitly check out mission: spAce and pioneer.

nick.

bluepearl
12-23-2001, 06:47 PM
Nick, I've seen that new exhibit inside Innoventions. I didn't get too much time to look at it because I was at the park with non-AP people and they didn't want to bother with Innoventions. So I just took a quick look inside to see who was hosting and had to leave immediately afterwards. Looks pretty cool from what I've seen so far.

JRob2k1
12-23-2001, 07:05 PM
I havent been in a year and have no real desire to go again. But I might check out the new Pioneer exhibit just to see it next time I come down.

That Tom Morrow animatronic is pretty amazing though!

-JRob

innerSpaceman
12-23-2001, 09:23 PM
Been twice and that was once too much. No desire to ever go again, except to enjoy the view from the balcony and not set one foot inside this travesty. Didn't even go in when it was part of MouseAdventure. More than just a waste of space, it's even more aggravating as the end result of a decade long tease while the Carousel building sat empty, waiting...waiting...waiting - for this??? It's the biggest insult Disneyland's ever pulled.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-24-2001, 07:18 AM
In general, I spend the hottest part of the afternoon there on July 4th (when I spend the entire day on the property), because by that time, my No. 60 sunscreen has probably started to wear off (or started to give me a rash, or both), and Innoventions has the advantage of being out of the sun, air conditioned, and completely free of time limits.

I think I missed it this July 4th, because I was busy exploring DCA; I stuck my head in later this year, shortly after Millionaire opened. I was only inside long enough to get a first-look at the Pioneer exhibit, while I was waiting for my Millionaire fastpass to mature.

I rather like Innoventions, but it ain't exactly the Exploratorium, the Pacific Science Center, or the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry.

merlinjones
12-24-2001, 08:14 AM
>>It's the biggest insult Disneyland's ever pulled.<<

Possibly, but I have trouble ranking the following insults Disneyland has pulled:

* Innoventions inside the Carousel of Progress Building.

* Empty Submarine Lagoon when ride was still popular and there is no replacement.

* Observatron in place of Walt's well-chosen napkin location for Rocket Jets, high above.

* The design of New Tomorrowland.

* The entrance to New Tomorrowland.

* Club Buzz.

* The removal of Skyway for no good reason.

* Light Magic.

* The Indy Ride Show Building not being buried a few stories like all the others, ruining the external park silouhette (and the subsequeent tacky camouflage).

* The eviction of the Swiss Family Robinson.

* DCA.

* The eviction of the Country Bears for a low-budget Pooh who belongs in Fantasyland.

* Motor Boat lagoon empty for 15 years.

* Paint (or lack of).

* Destruction of the artfully period Carnation Ice Cream Parlor for non-period bake shop.

* Removal of Adventure Thru Inner Space.

* Clumsy destruction of Walt's precious Captain Hook Pirate Ship.

* PC pirates (they can steal, pillage and kill but don't get randy, fellas!!!!).

* Empty CircleVision building.

* Empty PeopleMover track.

* Color scheme for New Tomorrowland.

* Starcade.

* LuminAria

* MSEP at DCA instead of DL.

* Iron bars inside Wishing Well.

* Team Disney

Which is the most offensive?

socabch
12-25-2001, 06:24 PM
I went there for my second time last month. Two reasons why: 1) to see if anything had changed. 2) to watch the fireworks from the second story deck. (Awesome View)

gautry
12-26-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by merlinjones
>>It's the biggest insult Disneyland's ever pulled.<<

Possibly, but I have trouble ranking the following insults Disneyland has pulled:

* Innoventions inside the Carousel of Progress Building.

* Empty Submarine Lagoon when ride was still popular and there is no replacement.

* Observatron in place of Walt's well-chosen napkin location for Rocket Jets, high above.

* The design of New Tomorrowland.

* Club Buzz.

* The removal of Skyway for no good reason.

* Light Magic.

* The Indy Ride Show Building not being buried a few stories like all the others, ruining the external park silouhette (and the subsequeent tacky camouflage).

* The eviction of the Swiss Family Robinson.

* DCA.

* The eviction of the Country Bears for a low-budget Pooh who belongs in Fantasyland.

* Motor Boat lagoon empty for 15 years.

* Paint (or lack of).

* Destruction of the artfully period Carnation Ice Cream Parlor for non-period bake shop.

* Removal of Adventure Thru Inner Space.

* Clumsy destruction of Walt's precious Captain Hook Pirate Ship.

* PC pirates (they can steal, pillage and kill but don't get randy, fellas!!!!).

* Empty CircleVision building.

* Empty PeopleMover track.

* Color scheme for New Tomorrowland.

* Starcade.

* LuminAria

* MSEP at DCA instead of DL.

* Iron bars inside Wishing Well.

* Team Disney

Which is the most offensive?

ps moter boat cruse was closed about 6 years ago and the sky way was taken out after the norridege earthquake calosa stated that it would cost 13.56 million for retrograd the skyway for earthquakes so disney dumped the sky way

Gauchograd99
12-28-2001, 10:44 PM
I have been in there a total of 2 times since it opened.... and one of those wasn't even for Mouse Adventure (skipped that section as most did :))! I personally just do not see any reason to see a bunch of demos for goods and services when I PAID for attractions. If I want to see demonstrations of products, they should be paying me to see what I think of it, not the other way around.

Dawnie
12-30-2001, 09:39 PM
Never. No desire. Call me old fashioned, but because I worked at the Park during the last years of America Sings, I really don't have the stomach to see what the buliding has turned into. In addition, I can't imagine trying to explore with a 6 and 3 year old tugging on my sleeve to ride Autopia one more time.

:-)

Dlandmom
12-31-2001, 09:53 AM
Haven't been there in a few months now. I think it's okay, but there's nothing all that great to motivate me to go back. For me, it's a once or twice a year thing. Actually, I'll probably take my daughter there (2 years old) soon to see if she enjoys any of those interactive games on the first floor (that is, if I can get some of the older kids to stop hogging them for half an hour at a time!).