PDA

View Full Version : Cab fare [from SNA] to DL hotel?

Pages : [1] 2

Christiii
02-19-2005, 12:50 PM
hey there!!
does anyone know what the cab fare is from the John Wayne/Orange co airport to the DL hotel?? I know there are shuttles for about $10, but there are three of us arriving at the same time, so we dont know which would be cheaper...any info would be great!!

bradk
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
from what i can gather, it's roughly $40 one way ($2.30 first 1/5 mile + $.45 each additional 1/5 mi with no charge for extra passengers), but you should be able to get a driver to give you a flat rate (somewhere between $30 and $35). you can call the airport cab service at 800-535-2211 and ask them what the flat rate may be, but of course, you never know what the driver will agree to.

Christiii
02-19-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeeeps!! the airport is only 10 minutes away!!
:eek:
looks like it will be the shuttle for us...anyone know which is the best/cheapest??

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 01:15 PM
What about from Long Beach [LGB] to Disneyland? It will be just me.

Shuttle info as well would be great!

bradk
02-19-2005, 01:30 PM
there are a lot of shuttles from SNA, you can get a list here: http://www.ocair.com/groundtransport/shuttles.htm

the main ones are airport bus (airbus) which is $11 one way or $18 rt and super shuttle which is $10 one way. airbus operates on a schedule whereas supershuttle traditionally tries to fill up its van (about 7 people) before taking off (could potentially be a longer wait from SNA), so airbus would probably be the better option.

bradk
02-19-2005, 01:43 PM
LGB, I can't find the exact rates, but it'll roughly be between $50-60 one way, being about 20 miles out.

supershuttle is $33 one way for the first person.

i don't know about airport bus either, but they evidently serve the airport. grand transport info is here: http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/airline_travelers/ground_transportation.asp

if you want to further complicate it for the potential to save a few bucks, you can take amtrak from lgb to ana, which is a couple of miles from the DLR gates.

Christiii
02-19-2005, 02:19 PM
do you know if the airport bus is really punctual?? our flights land about 11:15 and we have luggage..this bus leaves at 11:30 and then not again until 12:30 :rolleyes:
boy, Long Beach travel is alot more $$ for being so close...that sucks Renta! at least you get to fly Jetblue :D

ae's mom
02-19-2005, 02:25 PM
One advantage to taking the taxi is that it leaves right when you get it. Also, there are no other stops in between.....it goes right to your destination. The Airport bus, for sure, and perhaps the shuttle would have other stops before getting to yours. We prefer the taxi for this reason.....we are in a hurry to get checked in and into the parks!!

bradk
02-19-2005, 02:33 PM
i'd side with the taxi too, assuming you can get one to take you for $32 or so. even with just two people, you're only spending $10 more and you'll get there on your own time and much faster than any form of shared transit. i'd have to assume the airbuses leave on time. you'd have to presume getting the one at 12:30 since even if you land on time, you probably won't get to the bus within 15 minutes, but you never know. i'd still take the taxi. quicker, more direct and private. definitely worth the extra $10 in my opinion.

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 03:14 PM
do you know if the airport bus is really punctual?? our flights land about 11:15 and we have luggage..this bus leaves at 11:30 and then not again until 12:30 :rolleyes:
boy, Long Beach travel is alot more $$ for being so close...that sucks Renta! at least you get to fly Jetblue :D

Long Beach is only 4 miles further than SNA so I don't think it will be that much more. I sent a few e-mails for quotes. I even checked into a limo :D

Christiii
02-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Renta..what time is your friend flying in?? hopefully she can catch a ride with us!
now dont you think you should make her join us here at MP?? she should be warned what she is getting into :D is she going to do MA??

sami869
02-19-2005, 04:31 PM
do you know if the airport bus is really punctual??
NO! At least not when we took it. After waiting for over half an hour we called the tracked down the number for the airport bus and found out that one bus had been delayed and another one would be there in about an hour and a half. I was not happy. So we took a cap. It was only about 30 bucks.

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 06:16 PM
Renta..what time is your friend flying in?? hopefully she can catch a ride with us!
now dont you think you should make her join us here at MP?? she should be warned what she is getting into :D is she going to do MA??

We have 4 on our team so she can't play. She is using a buddy pass on Delta so I am not sure what flight she'll get on. The second flight of the day lands around the same time as you and CC.

I checked into a limo and it's only $69 round trip not including the tip :D

Christiii
02-19-2005, 06:24 PM
We have 4 on our team so she can't play. She is using a buddy pass on Delta so I am not sure what flight she'll get on. The second flight of the day lands around the same time as you and CC.

I checked into a limo and it's only $69 round trip not including the tip :D
hey moneybags....roundtrip shuttle is $18..no tip!! tho spend if if ya got it...but I think that money would be better spent buying a special giftie for me!! :p
tell your friend to get on MP!! we need to know her exact flight time and try to find her to arrainge a ride with her..Im thinking we should cab it since there are two or three of us...sooo.....let us meet his chicka!!

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 06:36 PM
hey moneybags....roundtrip shuttle is $18..no tip!! tho spend if if ya got it...but I think that money would be better spent buying a special giftie for me!! :p
tell your friend to get on MP!! we need to know her exact flight time and try to find her to arrainge a ride with her..Im thinking we should cab it since there are two or three of us...sooo.....let us meet his chicka!!

Only $18 for a round trip shuttle? Pencil me in. I always tip shuttle drivers though, at least in Vegas anyway. Now I need to find the shuttle people that do LGB....

She won't know what time she lands until she knows what flight she is on and that won't be until the day of. Darn buddy passes.

Christiii
02-19-2005, 06:49 PM
yeeps!! so I guess its just CC and I cabing it, unless we find out last minute that she is arriving about 11ish...so you are going to take the shuttle and by me a gift with the $$$ savings, right??? :D

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 06:55 PM
yeeps!! so I guess its just CC and I cabing it, unless we find out last minute that she is arriving about 11ish...so you are going to take the shuttle and by me a gift with the $$$ savings, right??? :D

I'll buy you a drink ;)

Do you know what shuttle co. services LGB?

yellowrosedtxn
02-19-2005, 07:39 PM
I looked into doing a Limo service thing from the John Wayne airport to DL as well, but they said it would be 71 bucks one way. I thought, it would have been cool to do it because I have never been in a limo before, but it was going to be too expensive to do it. It is going to be me, my dad and my three kids. So, basically dad and I would be the ones to pay for it. Oh well, a limo for another day I guess.

bradk
02-19-2005, 07:58 PM
http://www.longbeach.gov/airport/airline_travelers/ground_transportation.asp covers all the shuttle companies to LGB.

the $18 roundtrip is airbus is from SNA and since SS is $10 one way from SNA and $33 one way from LGB (altho there is a price break for additional people), I don't think airbus will be the same from LGB.

as far as the cab fare goes, using the same rates as SNA, 4 miles is about $10 and tack that on to the $40 the SNA cab costs and you already have $50. Pending traffic, it does in fact reach the $50-$60 range, so $70 rt for a private car is better. you might be able to get a cheaper rate for the taxi, but i just didn't find any indication as such like i did for SNA.

CoasterChickie
02-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Hey, we cold have a limo pick up Renta at Long Beach then come over and pick the three of us up at Orange County. Is anyone else flying into either of those airports that morning? How many people does a limo hold? Maybe 10 of us could split the cost!!! That would be so fun to pull up in front of the DLH in a limo!!! :D

AnotherPixie
02-20-2005, 09:13 AM
I suggest using Super Shuttle. We've used them for years and I have never experienced a bad ride. You should make reservations for your ride. It's only about $15 to get to Disneyland from SNA and the more people that hop on your Shuttle, the cheaper it becomes. There are always people needing a Shuttle!

Heres the link:
http://www.supershuttle.com/

Christiii
02-20-2005, 09:32 AM
Hey, we cold have a limo pick up Renta at Long Beach then come over and pick the three of us up at Orange County. Is anyone else flying into either of those airports that morning? How many people does a limo hold? Maybe 10 of us could split the cost!!! That would be so fun to pull up in front of the DLH in a limo!!! :D
cept Renta is flying in like 4 hours before us :(

rentayenta
02-20-2005, 10:36 AM
cept Renta is flying in like 4 hours before us :(

I think I might suck it up and call my dad to pick me up from and take me to the airport. It will save me $70. What's a girl to do :confused:

Christiii
02-20-2005, 11:07 AM
I cant believe how expensive it is to get from LB airport to Anaheim...geeez!! :confused:

rentayenta
02-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I cant believe how expensive it is to get from LB airport to Anaheim...geeez!! :confused:

I know :crying:

I could do the shuttle thing....I will call my dad later. Now help me think of a good excuse as to why I am in So Cal for 5 days and not spending any time with family. Disneyland is not a viable option :~D