PDA

View Full Version : Spashdown ride at DCA?

AvalancheStorm25
02-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Another water ride would be great maybe put it indoors,similar to Jurassic Park:The Ride at USH or maybe like Journey to Atlantis,but a big splash at the end. But 2-3 drops during the whole ride.

Jeremiah
02-19-2005, 09:19 AM
As part of the first plans for the pier area they had a splash down attraction. If you look at some of the early art work it was just a drop much like the one at Knotts. I don't know how far the idea went but it looked very basic with no theme.

J

PhishyBrewer
02-19-2005, 12:25 PM
As part of the first plans for the pier area they had a splash down attraction. If you look at some of the early art work it was just a drop much like the one at Knotts. I don't know how far the idea went but it looked very basic with no theme.

J

A lot of the original art work can be found through out PP and also within the rooms. This picture is from the room I stayed in.

nsyncitnd1787
02-19-2005, 07:58 PM
that would be really cool... but i think that they need to do something with that huge spot of land that is being wasted.... ya know, the "lake"... it needs something... even if it's just like paddle boats or swan boats or something. i mean hello people, one would think that there would be some cute little ride thingy to be able to take a break on or something. besides, paddle boats wouldn't be as expensive as a new ride, right? (sory, the past president and crew royally messed up on that park... shoulda spent another year or something on it another year of budgets might have helped DCA look better)

but that's just mho... (i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels that way though)

5hr drive
02-20-2005, 05:37 AM
I think putting some sort of boats in the lagoon is an excellent idea! Even if it's just like the old motor boats where you're on some sort of track would be better than all that wasted space. Perhaps make it so that you could get off on the other side (ie. use the boats for transportation purposes) or make a complete circuit, make it good for something.

iAmJacksDLand
02-20-2005, 10:08 AM
I think putting some sort of boats in the lagoon is an excellent idea!

I don't think the water is deep enough?