PDA

View Full Version : 3rd park gate?

AvalancheStorm25
02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
I mean when??? Of course not for a couple of years but it could be in the works? A VILLAIN PARK would be 100% sweet!!

bradk
02-19-2005, 09:29 AM
but doubtful. even though the followthrough has been weak at best, every park was meant to be completely non-disneyesque with the major exceptions of the magic kingdom/disneyland.

epcot was supposed to be an actual city or something completely opposite of what it turned out to be, mgm studios was meant to compete with universal studios, animal kingdom is a zoological park. none of those 3 in concept has anything really to do with mickey directly.

california adventures, which was originally to be westcot (or a glorified dtd), became something walt despised most of all, only a cleaner and happier version and with a theme - a salute to california.

even though a third park may end up being overrun by disney characters, it's not in the blueprints to intend it to be that way. it just seems to be what disney knows best, so it's inevitable.

JSKoehler
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I would like to see a revival of the DisneySea concept. I relaize this could not be accomplished (financially and for other reasons) as part of the DLR, but it could be located in the greater LA area. Of course, being an Eastcoaster, I guess I really don't get a vote :)

jon80flt
02-19-2005, 07:10 PM
I would like to see a revival of the DisneySea concept. I relaize this could not be accomplished (financially and for other reasons) as part of the DLR, but it could be located in the greater LA area. Of course, being an Eastcoaster, I guess I really don't get a vote :)

I wonder if they could do something with the old Marineland property out on Palos Verde Penninsula?
:confused: