PDA

View Full Version : Must-take item?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nvmom
02-19-2005, 07:49 AM
We're only 19 days out from our first ever trip to DLR. We're a family of 5, children ages 10, 7 & 2.5.

Anyone care to share your "must take" items for a Disney trip? Necessities, things you wish you'd taken the first time you went there, but didn't know... etc. We will be flying into John Wayne the morning of 3/10 and flying out the morning of 3/14- so we'll basically have 3.5-4 days at DLR. Thanks!

nvmom

02-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Comfy walking shoes
sunscreen

Have a great time!

justlittleoldme
02-19-2005, 08:06 AM
We're only 19 days out from our first ever trip to DLR. We're a family of 5, children ages 10, 7 & 2.5.

Anyone care to share your "must take" items for a Disney trip? Necessities, things you wish you'd taken the first time you went there, but didn't know... etc. We will be flying into John Wayne the morning of 3/10 and flying out the morning of 3/14- so we'll basically have 3.5-4 days at DLR. Thanks!

nvmom

Don't forget a camera with extra film, batteries, memory cards, etc. Maybe a video camera with extra tapes and the charger.

Animalia
02-19-2005, 08:11 AM
Patience. ;)

Enjoy your visit.

splash
02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Be sure to take sweatshirts or jackets for the evenings. We tied ours around our waists during the day. Wish we were going now too!!!!
May 11-17th for us.

yummy mummy
02-19-2005, 08:35 AM
At least two pairs of shoes... it feels great to switch after walking in them for 10 hours on concrete! I think my shoes at that point have almost become ingrained into my feet- then the switch- instant relief.

kohl
02-19-2005, 08:43 AM
Handwipes, snacks

disney jones
02-19-2005, 08:54 AM
just bring lots of money. :) (i had to say that before some one else did)

diapers, wipes, gatorade, juice, breakfast/granola bars make great snacks, PB n Js, camera and associated goodies, sunglasses, warm clothes, cool clothes, and patience.

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Bring something to occupy the kids while waiting in line; Silly Putty, Dum-Dum suckers, yo-yo's for the 10 and 7 y/o. I found that when the kids are happy, everyone is happy!

Have fun :)

CrazyTrain
02-19-2005, 09:06 AM
Aspirin to ease the aches and pains!

rentayenta
02-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Aspirin to ease the aches and pains!

To expand on this, make sure to bring Children's Tylenol or Motrin.

CoasterChickie
02-19-2005, 09:16 AM
Digital camera with lots of batteries at all times!! :)

SCUBAbe
02-19-2005, 09:26 AM
camera and umbrella (for rainy days) ponchos suck.

MrsG
02-19-2005, 09:54 AM
I'll second at least 2 pairs of shoes. I know I always have to switch shoes when we go back for the evening's trek. And we always bring hand sanitizer when we can't get to a restroom to wash before eating. Can you imaging what you are touching with all those people?

splashmtngurl
02-19-2005, 10:27 AM
If possible pack light and take food with you, unless you have a car, we did not, I froze bread and took pb and jelly, bagels, cream cheese and snacks, my kids would much rather eat light for breakfast and wake up while watching cartoons. Next trip I am going to take a sandwich maker for grilled cheese. And am even thinking about a used toaster that I can throw away to make room for souveniers. Next trip April 1-7. Gatorade, suckers and gum also saved the day with thristy kids. ( Gum is not for sale at the park)

ToursbabeC3po
02-19-2005, 10:33 AM
We always bring Pins to trade from ebay and sweatshirts:-) If you have small kids small hand held video Games for the lines are a must.
((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))
Toursbabe

disneyperson
02-19-2005, 10:35 AM
aspirin,purell,band aids,good shoes, sunblock, hat (unless you're planning on buying one) pretty much every spare cent you have. :D

I Heart Disneyland!
02-19-2005, 12:23 PM
I always bring a few of each: ibuprofen, pepto bismol, antacids, cold/flu meds, band aids, and something to put on heels and toes of they get blisters from walking, like mole skin. :) (Nothing like having to leave the park to find a drugstore! Especially if it's just a small thing that needs a temporary cure.) As others have said, sunblock too. Have a great time!!!

Christiii
02-19-2005, 12:36 PM
if you do bring all that..the get a locker!!! they are soooo worth it....Disneyland is so much more fun when you are not carrying a bunch of stuff around!! They have regular lockers for $5, and BIG ones for $6...so bring all your layers of clothes, shoes etc..then dump it off as soon as you get there to get the closest locker :D

nvmom
02-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks!! Keep these ideas coming... interesting that there's no gum sold in the park?

nvmom

pisces
02-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Cameras and film: Do not by any photo equipment on the premises !!!

Rubbing Alcohol, Vitamins, Eyeglass Cleaner, and special eyeglass wipes, Chapstick and lip balm, sun block, and sun glasses, rain boots, good earplugs, throat lozenges, floss, toothbrushes.

SCUBAbe
02-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks!! Keep these ideas coming... interesting that there's no gum sold in the park?

nvmom

because people stick it everywhere. One time when I was on TSI I stepped in some. It's not fun to step in or clean up.

Marox3
02-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Over our many trips to DLR, we have finally learned to bring a small bag full of items we always forget. Examples, bathing suits. It never fails, the days are great and I didn't remember to pack the suits. So, I brought an extra set of trunks for my boys (son and husband). An extra set of shoes (or flip flops) to change into after riding the Rapid ride at DCA. Small travel games to play in the hotel room during our breaks from the Parks.

jenndisney
02-19-2005, 01:55 PM
Our #1 item is moleskin and a small pair of scissors. My husband and I almost died our first trip from the pain in our feet. We put it on every morning on the balls of our feet and it saves the day.

The other thing I always take now is a desire to go with the flow. Remember, you are on vacation. If your child wants to take 5 minutes and look at a cool tree, let them. We are so rushed everyday, so I just roll with whatever happens.

Have a great time!

Tinkerbelle923
02-19-2005, 04:49 PM
everything everyone else said .... plus... your sense of humor, traveling with children is always so much better if you can all laugh everything off...(we have made it an informal family rule)...Laugh,laugh,laugh...everything is better

but more in the spirit of your question...I'd say flip flops, after walking all day I personaly don't want another pair of shoes, I want to be barefoot but thats not always practical so I switch to flipflops...very comfortalb and my feet can 'breath'.

and an emergancy stash of cash or credit card, well hidden, just in case. money you have no intention of spending but could spend if circumstances arise (not extra souvienrs)