PDA

View Full Version : Classic Disneyland promo movie

rrsafety
02-19-2005, 03:51 AM
Movie available here (http://www.boingboing.net/2005/02/19/classic_disneyland_p.html)

1956 promo film

Vault Disney
02-19-2005, 04:37 AM
AWESOME! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Marox3
02-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Fabulous! It brought back lots of memories. And, to see the changes from then to now is incredible. Thanks for the link. :)

Tutter
02-19-2005, 08:34 AM
Woooow - I LOVE this sort of stuff. Thank you for the link.

Shortiemetoo
02-19-2005, 08:56 AM
How cool!! I remember so many of those things from my first trip to Disneyland! I always said they had conestoga wagons....everyone said I was crazy ;) . At least I'm not in that regards...lol

disneyguy247
02-19-2005, 10:10 AM
that made my day

bradk
02-19-2005, 10:50 AM
this was definitely awesome. might even have been the world's first infomercial.

the mine train and autopia were just AMAZING.

good thing the film pointed out that all that disneyland area was originally just arid desert and they didn't have to clear out hundreds of orange trees or anything like that :|

i just wonder what they had to cut out to get the tv-g rating :)

D-lander 1956
02-19-2005, 11:04 AM
:D :D :D Thank you so much for sharing! These 2 movies have really brought back a lot of childhood memories for me! Just awesome to see it all again as I remember the old DL. :D :D :D

disney jones
02-19-2005, 12:47 PM
thank you very much! it was wonderful! :D :D

SCUBAbe
02-19-2005, 12:52 PM
those were great. I lked the jungle cruise better the old way. All the corny jokes they do know gets old.

Opus1guy
02-22-2005, 04:29 PM
That film is actually a modified single-screen version of the full 3-screen Cinerama motion picture featurette (approx 20 mins) that appeared in Cinerama theaters at the time. On that video, they are just basically using the image from only the center screen/camera. The original Cinerama version wasn't quite 180 degrees, but it did wrap around in a super wide screen effect.

I remember us seeing it at the Cinerama Dome in Hollywood when it was first released. It was so cool. There's one shot in it that I really remember where the camera is mounted underneath the horse-drawn trolley and you had a Cinerama view at ground level. One of my brothers joked that he sure hoped the horse didn't poop or we'd have Cinerama road apples! :)

We saw it again back in the 70's when the Cinerama Dome was running a retrospective of full 3-screen Cinerama process movies.

Around that same time, a Disneyland Cast Member by the name of Stacia Martin was involved with a group from the Studios and Imagineering called the "Disney Movie Club" that would regularly screen old Disney films at the Studio Theater in Burbank. I believe they had a screening of this, but instead of renting the Cinerama Dome, I believe they went down to Disneyland one night after closing and projected it from the CircleVision Theater in Tomorrowland.

Permanecer Sentados
03-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Can't believe I missed this one. Thanks!!

Got both of them today.

Disney Vault
03-02-2005, 10:08 PM
I missed this too. I am saving all those videos to my computer now. Thanks for the link.

itig
03-03-2005, 08:28 AM
That was really great. I loved the band in the teacups :) I know it was a hokey kind of ride, but the skyway was one of my favorites as a kid. You got to see the park from up high and it made it even more magic. Too bad it's gone.... It's also interesting to see how some of the rides seem to have stayed pretty much the same (Casey Jr., Storybook Land). I think I have to agree with SCUBAbe about the Jungle Cruise. Once or twice through hearing the sctick is fun, but it would be nice if they had 3 or 4 different scripts so it wasn't the same all the time. I know there are slight variations depending on your skipper, but it's pretty much the same (...the backside of water!).

Thanks for the link - that was fun!

Mark Goldhaber
03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
The old Jungle Cruise narration (by Thurl Ravenscroft!) lives on as the second track on the Enchanted Tiki Room soundtrack available on demand at the music shop on Main Street.