PDA

View Full Version : OK, so now the Spring Break fireworks are "Fantasy in the Sky"

Pages : [1] 2

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 02:04 AM
After first being "New Fireworks Show-TBA" then "Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky", Disneyland.com now says that it will be the uber original of them all..."Fantasy in the Sky". Anyone know what the heck is going on???? I mean next will it be "Believe"?? I mean they have never done "Fantasy in Sky" with the new launch system. I am confused. :-( (yet still excited about not having to wait til May for some pyro good times!)

FF

DCAWhites
02-19-2005, 09:09 AM
Imagine..A fantasy in the sky, played all last summer and fall. Decent, but no believe. Wonder if tinkerbelle will be in it.

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 01:04 PM
Imagine..A fantasy in the sky, played all last summer and fall. Decent, but no believe. Wonder if tinkerbelle will be in it.

Just to clarify, "Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky" and "Fantasy in the Sky Fireowrks" are 2 different shows.

FF

SarahJanet
02-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Which is the better show? I've only seen Believe.

AaronInCal
02-19-2005, 03:02 PM
Sounds like they just want to have some kind of fireworks show for the expected crowds during the Spring Break periods, so are just going to go back launching fireworks high up without using the low-level pyro right now. But no one really knows until March 18 (unless you're the manager of the pyro team!) With all the new technology, it will be surprising if they literally go back the the original Fantasy in the Sky, with just shooting up fireworks basically at random, not really to the music, for the most part.. We'll see in just a month! :)

Ok, now everyone start saying this is to make "Remember" look bigger and better..... :rolleyes: I don't think that's the case though.

bradk
02-19-2005, 03:07 PM
Which is the better show? I've only seen Believe.

although i'm guessing something might be lost in the translation, http://www.visionsfantastic.com does have footage of a lot of the fireworks shows if you're interested.

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 04:13 PM
I am pretty sure DL has to use the air launch system. Due to envirnmental regulations they are only allowed to use the classic, pyro launch for special occasions (NYE and July 4). So it will be interesting to see how they re-work "Fantasy" with air launch. I personally am starting to think it's just a cover for a partially completed "Remember...Dreams Come True". Lets keep the theories coming MPers!

FF

Germboy
02-19-2005, 06:56 PM
First, Disney HAS to use the air launch system? It's a patented technology, developed by Disney, and sought-after in the industry. Why would Disney HAVE to do anything (or not do anything) with their own proprietary invention? They are the only company to use this technology, and are quite proud of it.

Second, where did you get the information that the park is only permitted to use standard launching techniques (used throughout the world) on only a few "allowed days" throughout the year?

Third, the NYE show IS Fantasy In The Sky (without the narration or the patriotic finale) delivered with their new launch system...completely timed to the music. A choreographed FITS is nothing new.

In my opinion, every fireworks show since the cancellation of the original pales in comparison. Technically, there have been tremendous improvements. No doubt. Artistically, they don't even come close. It is my opinion that the new regime recognizes this and are taking steps to correct it.

Germboy
02-19-2005, 06:59 PM
although i'm guessing something might be lost in the translation, http://www.visionsfantastic.com does have footage of a lot of the fireworks shows if you're interested.

None of the original Fantasy In The Sky show, unfortunately. The best were those narrated by Jack Wagner. I've searched for footage of that for years, to no avail.

Jeremiah
02-19-2005, 07:25 PM
There are no fireworks at all! I don't understand this thread because until May 5 (or any perview times) we don't have anything till "Remember... Deams Come Ture". Until then they are running Fantasmic! on weekends and during the spring break I am sure atleast once a night. Also for the person looking for the Jack Wagner stuff send me a message and I will see what I can find for you.

J

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 07:27 PM
There are no fireworks at all! I don't understand this thread because until May 5 (or any perview times) we don't have anything till "Remember... Deams Come Ture". Until then they are running Fantasmic! on weekends and during the spring break I am sure atleast once a night.

J

Look at Disneyland.com's calander for the last week in March and the first week in April and make that statement again. ;-)

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 07:30 PM
First, Disney HAS to use the air launch system? It's a patented technology, developed by Disney, and sought-after in the industry. Why would Disney HAVE to do anything (or not do anything) with their own proprietary invention? They are the only company to use this technology, and are quite proud of it.

Second, where did you get the information that the park is only permitted to use standard launching techniques (used throughout the world) on only a few "allowed days" throughout the year?

Third, the NYE show IS Fantasy In The Sky (without the narration or the patriotic finale) delivered with their new launch system...completely timed to the music. A choreographed FITS is nothing new.

In my opinion, every fireworks show since the cancellation of the original pales in comparison. Technically, there have been tremendous improvements. No doubt. Artistically, they don't even come close. It is my opinion that the new regime recognizes this and are taking steps to correct it.

The NYE fireworks used the old style fuse launch, not the air compression launch. The air compressor was used earlier that night for the evening's show of "Believe...In Holiday Magic". As of now, there has not been a show of "Fantasy in the Sky" done with the air launch system. The old fuse launch equipment was brought in special for NYE as it was uninstalled after Believe was cancelled.

FF

Jeremiah
02-19-2005, 07:37 PM
The old fuse launch equipment was brought in special for NYE as it was uninstalled after Believe was cancelled.

FF

I stand corrected, the last bit of info I had gotten was no fireworks till then. But as far as this goes was not the air done for "Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky" I am not saying you are wrong but it was my understanding that was the trial for it?

J

FantasmicFanatic
02-19-2005, 07:59 PM
I stand corrected, the last bit of info I had gotten was no fireworks till then. But as far as this goes was not the air done for "Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky" I am not saying you are wrong but it was my understanding that was the trial for it?

J

You are correct. Air launch was used for "Imagine" and this years "Holiday Believe". But not for NYE. Remember "Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky" and "Fantasy in the Sky" are 2 different shows

FF

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I am just bummed they aren't having fireworks the week we are there. It is spring break in AZ and MT, then.

Germboy
02-20-2005, 11:59 AM
The NYE fireworks used the old style fuse launch, not the air compression launch. The air compressor was used earlier that night for the evening's show of "Believe...In Holiday Magic". As of now, there has not been a show of "Fantasy in the Sky" done with the air launch system. The old fuse launch equipment was brought in special for NYE as it was uninstalled after Believe was cancelled.

FF

Why would they bring back their old launcher for that night? The new launcher is inferior in some way?

JeffG
02-20-2005, 02:38 PM
Why would they bring back their old launcher for that night? The new launcher is inferior in some way?

One likely explanation was that the NYE show was designed for the old launching system and they probably decided it was more cost effective to bring in a portable launching system than to re-design the show for just one night. In addition, I'm pretty sure they had a performance of "Believe in Holiday Magic" earlier that evening and it likely would have been tough to reload the system in time for the midnight show.

-Jeff

Germboy
02-20-2005, 04:03 PM
One likely explanation was that the NYE show was designed for the old launching system and they probably decided it was more cost effective to bring in a portable launching system than to re-design the show for just one night. In addition, I'm pretty sure they had a performance of "Believe in Holiday Magic" earlier that evening and it likely would have been tough to reload the system in time for the midnight show.

-Jeff

Makes sense, unless you consider that every 4th of July is a new show.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Magic Kingdom in Florida often has two shows in one night, and I don't believe they have two different launchers, do they?

I'm really not trying to be difficult... :) ;) Actually I'm more interested in probing FantasmicFanatic to find out how he is so certain of what he is saying. I don't remember seeing any low level smoke on NYE (from launchers), nor do I remember hearing the shells being launched.

FantasmicFanatic
02-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Makes sense, unless you consider that every 4th of July is a new show.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Magic Kingdom in Florida often has two shows in one night, and I don't believe they have two different launchers, do they?

I'm really not trying to be difficult... :) ;) Actually I'm more interested in probing FantasmicFanatic to find out how he is so certain of what he is saying. I don't remember seeing any low level smoke on NYE (from launchers), nor do I remember hearing the shells being launched.

Because the new system is still in test phase and is very low right now. Now it's supposed to be higher by May. I assume they will use more air in the compressors to launch higher. Now anyone that saw the NYE fire works knew they were definatly not low. And yes there was Holiday Believe on NYE. I have heard from DL sources that pyro must be loaded hours early. WDW might very well bring in some temporary equipment on NYE and July 4th. Any other questions? I love talking fireoworks.

FF

SCUBAbe
02-20-2005, 05:48 PM
what were they using last october? I was in the parking garage when the fireworks started and they made all the car alarms go off. It was really funny and loud. They were horns blowing and the screeching alarms going off.....LOL>>:)

Germboy
02-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Because the new system is still in test phase and is very low right now. Now it's supposed to be higher by May. I assume they will use more air in the compressors to launch higher. Now anyone that saw the NYE fire works knew they were definatly not low. And yes there was Holiday Believe on NYE. I have heard from DL sources that pyro must be loaded hours early. WDW might very well bring in some temporary equipment on NYE and July 4th. Any other questions? I love talking fireoworks.

FF

Nonsense. NYE fireworks were no higher, nor lower in the sky than any other show. I have video to prove it. In fact, any shells peculiar to the NYE show were low (namely the IASW sequence). Also, Believe and Imagine fireworks were all equivalently "high," despite using the new launch technique. The new launchers were first used with Believe. That show changed little from one night to the next when they switched. The only visible difference was the fact that it was difficult for them to get the Mickey head right with the new system. All the shells ran together! Don't believe me? I've got "before and after" video of that as well. I'm also a firework freak... :geek:

Wesley815
02-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Actually I'm more interested in probing FantasmicFanatic to find out how he is so certain of what he is saying.I wouldn't believe anything he says, but that's JMO.

FantasmicFanatic
02-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Nonsense. NYE fireworks were no higher, nor lower in the sky than any other show. I have video to prove it. In fact, any shells peculiar to the NYE show were low (namely the IASW sequence). Also, Believe and Imagine fireworks were all equivalently "high," despite using the new launch technique. The new launchers were first used with Believe. That show changed little from one night to the next when they switched. The only visible difference was the fact that it was difficult for them to get the Mickey head right with the new system. All the shells ran together! Don't believe me? I've got "before and after" video of that as well. I'm also a firework freak... :geek:

Look at the videos of Imagine vs. Believe on visionsfantastic.com. Compare hieght. Also compare their Holiday Believe from previous years to the 2004 one. Everything used to be higher.

FF

Germboy
02-21-2005, 09:43 AM
Look at the videos of Imagine vs. Believe on visionsfantastic.com. Compare hieght. Also compare their Holiday Believe from previous years to the 2004 one. Everything used to be higher.

FF

Can't use them as a comparison. They are taken from all over the place, different angles, different distances. Big castle in one shot, small castle in another shot.

All of the video I take is from one spot. I stand by a particular speaker and light post every single time, no matter the show.

I think you are seeing things.

Germboy
02-21-2005, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't believe anything he says, but that's JMO.

whoop :)