PDA

View Full Version : On the back of Disneyland Today's...

DisneyFreak2000
12-21-2001, 09:08 PM
...Just wondering. On the back of Disneyland Today's it always used to have the Kodak add with 'Remember the Magic' slogan. On the back of DCA's Guide they had the Kodak add with 'Relive the Adventure' slogan. This was always like a nostalga and tradition because everytime I go to the parks I loved flipping the guides over and seeing that slogan. Then when I went this last weekend, the slogans were changed!!!! on Disneyland it was SHARE THE MAGIC instead of REMEMBER THE MAGIC!!!! on Dca it was SHARE THE ADVENTURE instead of RELIVE THE ADVENTURE!!!! Why would they do this to me? I loved the REMEMBER AND RELIVE THE MAGIC?ADVENTURE!!!!!! Just thought I'd rant about another thing I liked that DIsney cut.

bluepearl
12-21-2001, 09:17 PM
Ooh...talking about the guidemaps are we? Well, I just have to say that in regards to the DCA maps, I'm glad they got rid of the hideous background on the back. Not that the view of some of Paradise Pier wasn't nice - it just bothered me that it was all pixelated and too stretched out. I don't think it would've killed them to re-take the picture so that it could size properly instead of looking all pixelated. That bothers me! Just like the original fronts of the DCA maps - those people that were inserted were badly masked and pasted on the scene. :shudder:

Not Afraid
12-21-2001, 09:55 PM
Something interesting I noticed about the guide maps while shopping at the Park on Thursday.

The DCA Guide is missing a few things that are included in the DL Guide.
1. There is no date at the top telling you what days this schedule applies to

2. There is no time schedule to ANYTHING including Character Greetings, Shows and Parades.

3. There are no special Holiday activities mentioned nor are there any holiday decorations on the Guide

4. The Animation Screen Room is listed but no mention is made of what is showing - specifically the "Walt" movie.

The map of the resort layout is included.

The Brochure is a 4-panel publication instead of the 6-panel that DL uses or the old DCA guide.

I can see the advantages of a generic map but that seems a little extreme given the current push for DCA.

Interesting......

SteveCJB2001
12-22-2001, 12:47 PM
hmmm thats interesting Not Afraid, Im looking at the guide from this past week (Friday dec. 14-Thurs Dec.20) Their is (1) A date on the bottom, (2) A schedule of shows and character and such, (3) they have a panel devoted to the holidays and the doarders and stuff of part of the guide have holiday decorations, (4) And I didn't see anything thought about "One mans deam". The one I have is a 6 panel guide just like the Disneyland one is. Hmm I wonder what happened in your case. Did things recently change within the past few days?

Not Afraid
12-22-2001, 01:40 PM
I got this DCA guide on Thursday the 20th. Maybe they ran out of the specific guides so they were handing out the generic ones. Maybe DCA actually had an increase in attendance!

driftwood714
12-22-2001, 05:26 PM
Not Afraid, you are correct in your last post. You may have gotten a generic map. They hand those out when they run out of the dated maps.