PDA

View Full Version : Trolleys in Toontown running?

Crazy4DL
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
When we were in Disneyland about a year ago the super cute trolley in Toontown was not running - was that permenant or just that time? Why? thanks, rrazey

MrsSmith
02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Out of all the times I've been to DL in the past several years, I've also never seen the Jolly Trolly running and wondered about it.

disney jones
02-18-2005, 01:45 PM
me three.

its finally been removed from the park map, so may it RIP, but i'd love to hear some history about it.

Crazy4DL
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
me three.

its finally been removed from the park map, so may it RIP, but i'd love to hear some history about it.

Yeah, we thought it was really a cute ride and wanted the grandkids to be able to ride when we came down this coming August since it wasn't running Dec 03 or May 04 but guess not. Strange thing is they still have it as one of the first pictures you see on their web site - so I was hoping it was alive and well. rrazey

sdfilmcritic
02-19-2005, 12:36 AM
I remember seeing it run back when the ToonTown section first opened. It's been years since I had been there, but on my last trip to DLR I stopped inside and saw the trolley disappeared. I guess it has disappeared for good.

Animalia
02-19-2005, 07:43 AM
I remember when TT first opened the trolly consisted of a passenger car connected to the main trolly. The passenger car was later removed and auctioned off at the Disneyana Convention in 2001. On the rare occasions I've been there the single trolly car always seemed to be running. This is just a guess on my part, but it might be down now because work is being done on the Roger Rabbit fountain and maintenance walls are on the tracks.