PDA

View Full Version : Flick's Fantasy Faire

DisneyFreak2000
12-21-2001, 08:56 PM
Any thoughts on this? I think it could be a good place to bring the little ones, but I wish they could make it REALLY well themed and the ride family orientated and fun rather than just kid height restrictions on them. I hate the name. Flick shouldn't own the whole damn place. He's not important enough to get his own land. I would like any other name centering it around 'bugs' than 'flick.' Why didn't they keep 'Bug Town' or use 'Bug's Fantasy Faire' or something.

Questiosn for anybody... would this be land considered a NEW LAND (Hollywood Pictures Backlot, Grixxly Recreation ARea, Paradise Pier, Sunshine Plaza, FLICK'S FANTASY FAIRE?) Or will it be a section of the Bountiful Valley Farm? Would It's Tough To Be A Bug be incorporated into this land as an attraction? How big will the land be?

I think they should tihnk about making an added on section to Paradise Pier (near the east loop of Screamin') themed to be Mermaid Lagoon. Make it just like Disney Seas. THat would be cool to have that there with Triton's palace and underwater effects. (Then we could bring the Mermaid show out here!) Just some thoughts. :)

SimpTwister
12-21-2001, 09:45 PM
I don't think Flick or even A Bug's Life are of sufficient standing to warrant an entire land.

The movie was fine, even pretty good. But if they're going to theme an entire land to a single movie, it had better be a bona fide classic (and not just a 'Disney Classic', a label they apply to everything they've ever made, good or bad).

It is a good thing that they're trying to address the lack of options for the little ones at DCA.

I think that they're going to have giant blades of grass, toys, etc., like at the former 'Honey, I Shrunk...' playground at Disney-MGM at WDW. That might be pretty cool.

I just hope the rides are more than off-the-shelf carny rides with fancier fiberglass work. On this point, I fear the worst...

I should also point out that FFF already represents a HUGE departure from the whole 'California' theme. Sure, there are bugs in California, but... :rolleyes: . It's a stretch.

Nigel2
12-21-2001, 11:05 PM
I thought that the playground for HISTK was still there? But it would be a step in the right direction for kids, but it could also be 2 steps backwards if they are all, or mostly, hight limits. Meaning that kids couldn't go with their parents (unless they are dwarfs :D ) and that could put some parents off if they don't want to leave their kids alone for an undetermined amount of time.

SimpTwister
12-21-2001, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I thought that the playground for HISTK was still there?

Huh. Apparently it still is there. I thought it had been rethemed to A Bug's Life or something...? I wasn't sure though, that's why I wasn't specific.

Nigel2
12-21-2001, 11:23 PM
It was there this summer when I was there so odds are this horribly dated attraction will still be there. I wish they could get more facades for the GMR but whatever. Also is MGM really a working studio like USH? Or is a line they like to throw arround

wonderful
12-21-2001, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I hate the name, too... DCA is often compared to a "carnival"(a bit unfairly, by the way) and to open a "faire" just seems to be a confirmation of doubts... and NO WAY does Flik deserve a whole area named after him!
I saw some pics of the "dino" area of Animal Kingdom and it is god-awful! Like Mulholand Madness and that dino-shack became an entire land! I PRAY these are not the type of attractions we will see in "bug town." I also hear that giant blades of grass, etc. will be the theming... but I think the Bountiful Valley Farm should extend somewhat into this area... have the bugs, but have them farming, maybe even making wine... I think it shows some real class whenever Disney takes the time to poke fun at themselves, but more importantly, I think it's important to stick with the California theme... and not theme too exclusively to bugs, so there is room for some rodents or what have you...
It would also be a nice touch if there were some sort of "night affect" to the land... with fiber optics, perhaps... that would make even adults want to venture inside...