PDA

View Full Version : What can we do to return our favorites?

dlandnut
02-18-2005, 07:03 AM
Are there enough disgruntled Disneyites to let the powers that be know that we would welcome the return of the Tahitian Terrace? Does anyone REALLY listen and do they pay attention to the various posts that show up on MousePlanet? I would LOVE to see the return of the Tahitian Terrace, the return of the Monorail Cafe (or something similar, a good old fashioned coffee shop/diner). What suggestions do you have to "rattle someone's chain", or is it a moot point, not worth discussing? I just sometimes wonder if anyone really pays attention to the things that are said by those of us who frequent the place, who make comments, who live and love Disneyland. :)

02-18-2005, 07:16 AM
All kinds of people read MousePlanet and MousePad, including Disney employees and investors at all levels.

Shortiemetoo
02-18-2005, 08:01 AM
People have said that Tahitian Terrace is a thing of the past due to the fact that there was not enough turnover in guests to make it worthwhile financially, if I remember right they only had 2 lunch seatings and 2 dinner seatings...however I have been known to be VERY wrong...
But I've said it before that I think a great thing to have in DTD would be a Tahitian Terrace restaurant that is themed so that you can go eat there for a meal at any time during the day, and then perhaps special seatings for the floor shows. It would definately be something different than what is already offered there!!! :D

Disneyfreak
02-18-2005, 09:32 AM
People have said that Tahitian Terrace is a thing of the past due to the fact that there was not enough turnover in guests to make it worthwhile financially, if I remember right they only had 2 lunch seatings and 2 dinner seatings...however I have been known to be VERY wrong...
But I've said it before that I think a great thing to have in DTD would be a Tahitian Terrace restaurant that is themed so that you can go eat there for a meal at any time during the day, and then perhaps special seatings for the floor shows. It would definately be something different than what is already offered there!!! :D

Not true, it was just as popular as Blue Bayou.

Earkid
02-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Not true, it was just as popular as Blue Bayou.

I dont think Shortie meant that it wasn't popular. She said that there wasn't enough guest turnover. The Terrace had certain eating/show times. For the Blue Bayou people come and go all the time.

Shortiemetoo
02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
I dont think Shortie meant that it wasn't popular. She said that there wasn't enough guest turnover. The Terrace had certain eating/show times. For the Blue Bayou people come and go all the time.

That was exactly what I meant Earkid! They said because it was a "dinner theater" it didn't have the turnover, hence the revenue of the other disneyland restaurants. It was more popular if I remember right! Always very hard to get a reservation! One of my best memories of my Grandmother was when we went to lunch there once! I wish they would bring it back in some form, somewhere! :D