12-21-2001, 12:38 PM
Ok, we've had the comparisons:

DCA vs. Knotts
DCA vs. IOA
DCA vs. TDS

Here's one more...

DCA vs. My Church Carnival

Category - Attractions
Sun Wheel vs. Portable Ferris Wheel - Tie. The only difference is that the Sun Wheel doesn't have the tires. Some portable ferris wheels even have spinning cars.
Paradise Pier Midway vs. Carnival Midway - Carnival. Half the price for the same games!
King Triton Carousel vs. Portable Carousel - Tie. The kids don't care if it is a sea creature or a horse they are riding on.
Molholland Madness vs. Assembled Roller Coaster - Assembled Coaster. You'll be surprised what "fun" you could have.
Orange Stinger vs. Portable Swings - Portable Swings. There is no orange "thingy" to obstruct the view.

One might ask, "What about DCA's other premier attractions?" Well, there's a movie theater down the street. There you go..;)

Winner - Church Carnival.

Cost / Value - Church Carnival. $43 vs. about $15.

Construction Time
DCA - 3 years
Church Carnival - 3 days

:D :D

Doodle Duck
12-21-2001, 01:28 PM
80sera...Apples and Oranges!

The only possible comparison for DCA is the 25 cent horse in the Albertsons parking lot.

The horse wins by a nose.

Iceman
12-21-2001, 06:41 PM
So don't go. Let those of us who ENJOY the park have it, and quitcherbitchin. :mad:

EandCDad
12-21-2001, 07:53 PM
80's ERA - at the year end Mousies awards, your post should get serious consideration for the Best in Show. It had me laughing pretty hard. I enjoyed my day at DCA today and I haven't been to your church carnival so I'm going to have to choose DCA.

One area of comparison that you missed was ride operators-
CM's vs. "Carney Folk" - hmmmmmmm...;)

twistedmickey
12-21-2001, 08:31 PM
The only true comparison that should be made is DCA with TDS. Both parks are Disney and both parks opened 6 months apart. If I remember correctly, there was a long thread that spoke about these differences and I believe, hands down, TDS was regarded as a way superior park. Did Californians get the shaft-----BIG TIME!!!!! :mad:

MickeyD
12-21-2001, 10:18 PM
Hmm, tough call. Unfortunately, my parish doesn't have a carnival, but I live 15 minutes from Oxnard where EVERY parish does. I'd have to say DCA by a fraction, only because carnies scare me.

Nigel2
12-21-2001, 11:17 PM
I rember seeing (on real tv I think) one of those portable versions of the swinging chairs collapse and it killed an elderly lady. Plus I feel safer on DCA's attraction's than any carnival since DCA can't run when something bad happens.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-21-2001, 11:52 PM
we all know the failure DCA, LETS MOVE ON until someting else happens thats is good, we are always saying how BAD it is, we all know the same jokes and facts about it, so lets move on and forget about it.:(

80S ERA
12-22-2001, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Iceman
So don't go. Let those of us who ENJOY the park have it, and quitcherbitchin. :mad:
Geez..some take things sooo seriously! Let me spell it out:

IT
WAS
A
JOKE
:D

I actually enjoy the park just like you...I happen to be a 2-park AP. It's nice to go on some new rides where I haven't memorized every piece of dialouge for a change.:)

EandCDad
12-22-2001, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by 80S ERA

Geez..some take things sooo seriously! Let me spell it out:

IT
WAS
A
JOKE
:D

It was funny. Like I said, you have my nomination and maybe my vote.

Gracy_hm
12-22-2001, 07:09 AM
I belive certain people on certain sites have brain washed you into thinking what they think and none of you would ever admit the truth.

Gracy_hm
12-22-2001, 07:11 AM
I will not stop taking of DCA until they make it as popular as Disneyland.AND IT WILL HAPPEN!

9oldmen
12-22-2001, 10:14 AM
At the church carnival, does the face of Jesus appear in the tortillas?

80S ERA
12-22-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by 9oldmen
At the church carnival, does the face of Jesus appear in the tortillas?
:D lol

No - only half of his face.;)

Don't forget to stop by the Bakery Exhibit at the carnival. There are only six (or was it seven?) loaves of bread, but it could feed thousands of people! :D Great with fish.

JRob2k1
12-22-2001, 11:38 AM
Oh crap, are you joking or being serious 80's?? I'm freaking out now!!;)

I also agree with EandC's assesement...funny stuff, maybe award winning.

-JRob

Doodle Duck
12-22-2001, 12:11 PM
The Diz legal snarfs are probably planning a suit aginst the carnivals for 'stealing' the Tortilla idea anyway...& Rosie O. Bulldawg will be leading the protestors at the next Church function for baking bread.

MickeyD
12-22-2001, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Gracy_hm
I belive certain people on certain sites have brain washed you into thinking what they think and none of you would ever admit the truth.

Damn it! I hate it when people brainwash me into having a sense of humor. GRRRR, now I'm mad.

tinkfreak
12-22-2001, 12:37 PM

Did you used to go by the name Jake99?

LIMANDL4EVA
12-22-2001, 01:36 PM
i agree completely, i was afraid to say it by now because it is a Mousplanet board (hint hint) but certain site just brainwash you into thinking the worst of certain parks, hint hint;) ;) , hey dont get me wrong, i love this certain someone's commentary, its histarical and very imformative, but for cryin out loud DCA isnt that bad;)

EandCDad
12-22-2001, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by MickeyD

Damn it! I hate it when people brainwash me into having a sense of humor. GRRRR, now I'm mad.

See you are being brainwashed. GRRRR in your post obviously represents Grizzly River Rapids, a DCA ride. You are using it in a negative context so you are being brainwashed into using DCA rides as synonyms for words that mean irritation and anger. Its subtle, but I can see it happening.

I'll throw myself on the next update MickeyD, save yourself!

Gracy_hm
12-22-2001, 01:47 PM
I know not of this "Jake" character you speak of.

MickeyD
12-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

I'll throw myself on the next update MickeyD, save yourself!

EandCDad, the sacrifice that you would make for me is very touching. Lisap is a very lucky woman. :D

I love the fact that those of us who are "brainwashed" write much more interesting, entertaining (and in the case of this thread by 80s era downright hilarious) posts than those who aren't brainwashed. And the brainwashing had the added benefit of giving many of us the ability to spell correctly, use grammar correctly, and structure a sentence correctly.

Also if anyone cares- My opinion about DCA was formed in February, six months before I read my first DIG update, so :p

innerSpaceman
12-22-2001, 10:16 PM
:D :D :D :p :p :D :D :D

TakeMe2Disneyland
12-23-2001, 05:57 PM
Remove Soarin' from DCA and put in a funnel cake concession trailer and I'd have to call this one a photo finish.