PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrowland Reborn; White and Blue Returns!

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 10:12 AM
It is official they are repainting the buildings white and blue again!!! Here are the pics to proove it:

http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al021705pics/al021705g.jpg
http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al021705pics/al021705f.jpg
http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al021705pics/al021705e.jpg
http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al021705pics/al021705d.jpg
http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al021705pics/al021705c.jpg

This new management is seriously a blessing. I am so happy with it I am about to cry.

SoCalSteven
02-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Finally! Long time coming.

Now lets hope that when Space is back and Buzz is open there is life in Tomorrowland again.

EDIT: What are they going to do with the "Astro Orbiter" now? It totally won't fit anymore.

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 10:19 AM

Now lets hope that when Space is back and Buzz is open there is life in Tomorrowland again.

EDIT: What are they going to do with the "Astro Orbiter" now? It totally won't fit anymore.

Yes I was wondering about that. In my opinion they need to have that ride go into a last min refurbishemnet to repaint and fix it up.

02-17-2005, 10:20 AM
What a day! First the news about the return of the subs.

Now this!

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 10:21 AM
What a day! First the news about the return of the subs.

Now this!

I know it is overwhelming. Seriously Paul Pressler needs to be ashamed of himself after this. It is just plain imbarassing.

olegc
02-17-2005, 11:35 AM
When they moved the rocket jets out to the front of the land they totally disregarded the "weenie" design of Disneyland that Walt originally put in. Now that the paint is going in to return the traditional Blue/White (can CM costumes be far behind?) the golden tones of the Orbiter are definitely misplaced - but more importantly all that clean white image of the buildings will be hidden by the orbiter.

The Buzz sign already seems "small" in terms of attracting riders to it's location (ok - think 5 years from now). If time and $$ were not considered, then logic would have the Orbiter going back on top of the People mover platform. I doubt, though, that this will occur.

So - I am stumped as to what to do to ensure people keep looking down the "corridor" - even many years down the road..

Noah
02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
" If time and $$ were not considered, then logic would have the Orbiter going back on top of the People mover platform"

- Moving the Orbiter back to its original location would be a great thing! I think one of the funnest parts of the orbiter in the older days was flying so high in the sky due to the fact that you start the ride from a platform located high off the ground. Going into the space station elevators was also very fun.
I know it has been discussed to death although Tommorow Land was really hacked to death during the dark 90's. Hopefully things are going to get better! Starting with the SM refurb and a partial return to original color schemes.

Susan L
02-17-2005, 11:54 AM
All I can say is YIPPIE! :D :D

itig
02-17-2005, 11:58 AM
This is great! I really hate the current look and the blue and white will be a big help!

Baloo
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
Not all the gold will be gone.

There will still be elements of the brown and gold to match the orbitor and the rest of the land. only some elements of the buildings will be brought back to its white color scheme with a touch of blue.

I'd like the orbitor back up where it beleongs but i remember hearing that the orbitors structure is way too heavy for the platform. Our orbitor is a replica of the one in paris and the old rockets did not have such a heavy structure.

Maybe in the future when the orbitor goes down for rehab to fix all its broken parts they might add some of the blue and white elements. In order for them to fix the animation the whole structure needs to be taken apart and would be a good time to touch up the paint and add some detailing but i doubt they would remove all the brown because then they would also have to re-do the entrance rock formation and the newly installed earth town paving would clash

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 01:44 PM

There will still be elements of the brown and gold to match the orbitor and the rest of the land. only some elements of the buildings will be brought back to its white color scheme with a touch of blue.

I'd like the orbitor back up where it beleongs but i remember hearing that the orbitors structure is way too heavy for the platform. Our orbitor is a replica of the one in paris and the old rockets did not have such a heavy structure.

Maybe in the future when the orbitor goes down for rehab to fix all its broken parts they might add some of the blue and white elements. In order for them to fix the animation the whole structure needs to be taken apart and would be a good time to touch up the paint and add some detailing but i doubt they would remove all the brown because then they would also have to re-do the entrance rock formation and the newly installed earth town paving would clash

Well if they could do the rockets up top 30 or so years ago, why cant we do it today? They would obviously just make a new replica of the old one.

AmandasDad
02-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Bring back an updated version of Adventures Through Inner Space (what I as a kid always called The Shrinking Machine). Maybe replace HISTA with it.

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Bring back an updated version of Adventures Through Inner Space (what I as a kid always called The Shrinking Machine). Maybe replace HISTA with it.

I wish. I dont think there is enough room in HISTA for that. I would replace innoventions and make the ride multiple stories.

Crispy
02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Well if they could do the rockets up top 30 or so years ago, why cant we do it today? They would obviously just make a new replica of the old one.

Reminds me of something someone said in another thread. They said something to the effect of "If Disney could tranform an orange grove into a submarine voyage using 50's technology and the resourses of a small company, then today why can't Disney turn a submarine voyage into a submarine voyage using 21st century technology with the resources of a large, global company?"

Cris

Disneyfreak
02-17-2005, 10:12 PM
Reminds me of something someone said in another thread. They said something to the effect of "If Disney could tranform an orange grove into a submarine voyage using 50's technology and the resourses of a small company, then today why can't Disney turn a submarine voyage into a submarine voyage using 21st century technology with the resources of a large, global company?"

Cris

Yeah it is quite sad that the current people running the park have no imagination or guts to take a risk. The whole thing is run by advisors now which is totally wrong for Disney. What made it possible back then was heart and true imagination with no real limitations. When you get the same result but with 21st century technology, you get Tokyo Disney Sea.

ExPeRiMeNt629
02-18-2005, 12:14 AM
All thanks to CM MATT and GREG, their the ones makings this happen and i'm pretty sure their thanking us CMs too for all our hard work in believing that in a better Tomorrowland to come. LOTS OF NEW THINGS COMING, many.

SoCalSteven
02-18-2005, 12:20 AM

Are you sure? The Astro Orbiter seems like it is made from the same guts as the old rockets, all the way down to the cars. Why would they be any different?

justlittleoldme
02-18-2005, 08:48 AM

What about the people mover/car thingamagigs that there was? What happened to them? Couldn't they do something with that track?

SoCalSteven
02-18-2005, 08:51 AM
What about the people mover/car thingamagigs that there was? What happened to them? Couldn't they do something with that track?
Of course they could! :p

I jut don't want to get too hopeful.

justlittleoldme
02-18-2005, 08:54 AM
Of course they could! :p

I jut don't want to get too hopeful.

It just seems like something is missing without something going around on that track. I guess I can cross my fingers that they come up with something.

bradk
02-18-2005, 09:02 AM
the peoplemovers caused an obscene amount of deaths, if you can believe that.

justlittleoldme
02-18-2005, 09:15 AM
the peoplemovers caused an obscene amount of deaths, if you can believe that.

Yeah I can, with the way kids behave these days. Maybe they can make a enclosed box- once in, your held hostage until the end of the ride. Maybe complete with straightjackets. A real journey through some peoples tommorows. Guess that wouldn't be very happy though.

Well, at least the subs are coming back!

Disneyfreak
02-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Are you sure? The Astro Orbiter seems like it is made from the same guts as the old rockets, all the way down to the cars. Why would they be any different?

Actually no, it is a totally new system. The guts are still above the rocket rods track so the astro orbiter cannot have the same mechanics. It actually weighs way more since the one above the rocket rods track needed to be light because of the platform.

SoCalSteven
02-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Actually no, it is a totally new system. The guts are still above the rocket rods track so the astro orbiter cannot have the same mechanics. It actually weighs way more since the one above the rocket rods track needed to be light because of the platform.
Ah, okay. Learn something new every day.

I guess that means it should be easier to put the rockets back up there. :D

Disneyfreak
02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Ah, okay. Learn something new every day.

I guess that means it should be easier to put the rockets back up there. :D

Somehow I doubt that since the observatron appears to be in bad shape since they basically stripped it.