PDA

View Full Version : Simple Questions (I thought)

JSKoehler
02-17-2005, 08:04 AM
I've now read The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and searched through the trip planning section and discussion boards here, and still can't find answers to what I thought would be simple questions (and, so, did not want to appear the DL novice that I am by asking them).

1. If you ride the monorail from inside DL to DTD, how do you reenter the park? I.E. is there a handstamp kiosk at the entrance to the monorail inside the park and checking station in DTD? This issue does not arise in WDW because the monorail stations that contects MK/Epcot with the TTC and the hotels are outside the parks.

2. Even with a recent trip to WDW, I am still not certain I understand how to use a park-hopper ticket to visit two parks on the same day. Though I concede that this has never happened, I remain fearful that I will somehow lose a day on my ticket if I use it to go to two parks. Suppose, for example, I go to DL at the opening (8 AM during my visit), then after hitting a few rides, head across the plaza to DCA (opening at 10), do I get a handstamp when leaving DL and use this to enter DCA, or must I use my ticket? Also, suppose i want to really park hop . . . i.e. start in DL, move to DCA, return to DL, etc. Do I have two hand stamps? I can envision doing this on the third day of our trip, using our one early entry to go to DL, but heading to DCA later in the morning, back to DL mid-day, then returning to one or both parks after dinner.

CoasterChickie
02-17-2005, 08:11 AM
In answer to your first question, they check your bags and then take your ticket right at the station in DTD. Once you get to Tomorrowland , you just walk right off the monorail and start your adventure in DL. When you want to ride back to DTD you just get on the monorail and then they stamp your hand before you leave the station at DTD.

In answer to your second question, when you first enter either park it will activate your ticket. The first time you leave either park you get a handstamp. Then when you re-enter either park you must give them your ticket and show your hand stamp. Be sure to sign the back of your park hopper just in case you lose it because then if someone finds it and turns it in you can retrieve it.

Darkbeer
02-17-2005, 08:13 AM
1. There are entrance/exit gates downstairs at the DtD Monorail Station. Once you go down the stairs, the CM has a handstamp at the exit turnstyles. To enter at the DtD station, they have their own security check, then turnstyles plus CM's who will take your ticket for first time use, or check your ticket and handstamp if you are returning. There used to be a set of Ticket windows next to the DtD Monorail station, but that was closed down last fall.

2. To enter the second park, or to reenter the first, you need to get a handstamp when you leave the first time. The CM at the turnstyles will want both your ticket (they rescan it), plus see your handstamp. You only need to get a handstamp once per day, and it works at both parks. You can go back and forth as much as you want to, just keep showing your ticket and handstamp. FYI, AP holders do not need to get a handstamp, they have decided that the photo is a better check than the handstamp.

JSKoehler
02-17-2005, 08:15 AM
Then when you re-enter either park you must give them your ticket and show your hand stamp.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does this mean there is one handstamp for both parks (i.e. when I leave DL I get my hand stamped and then show this handstamp on entering DCA)?

Editing: Wow! By the time I had responded, a second reply had already answered my follow-up query . . . I still think I can find a way to screw this up (but that's just me) :)

Coinperson
02-17-2005, 10:30 AM
You'll be fine! One suggestion, don't follow the crowds when in line for a ride. It is so much fun people follow each other.

For example, in the Temple of Doom Indiana Jones ride, when you get toward the end of you wait line, the line splits into 2 lines. Someone in the line will decide to go right, so everyone behind them will also go right until no one can see anyone in the left lane and everyone is "afraid" to go that way. This is you chance, go left and move way ahead.

Many rides have the split line so they can load 2 vehicles at once. Jungle Cruise is about the best one to move ahead on because the line splits towards the beginning of the ride. Pirates, Space Mountain (please open soon!), Haunted Mansion, Autotopia (although a cast member might tell you which line to go in), Matterhorn (lines on each side of the mountain), and a couple more.

If you don't know which way is better because you can't see the line, usually left is the better choice. I guess because most people are right handed so they are right oriented. Actually if you notice, Disney uses this to their advantage. There are two tunnels going under neither the train station. To the right as you enter are stroller rentals and things you need when you enter Disneyland like film and sun tan lotion. On the right tunnel as you exit is souvenirs and such as a last effort to get you to buy something before you leave.

And the most valuable thing is FAST PASS! By far one of Disney’s best inventions.