PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn & Suites - Decent? Great? Horrible?

Monte Cristo
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
Hey gang,

My family is planning on a trip to DL in December and I was thinking of putting us up at the Carousel Inn and Suites.

Last December we stayed at the GCH...ain't goin that route again. Loved the location, but found the hotel wasn't woth the money.

Any feedback would be GREATLY appreciated.

Rae
02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
I am booked in at the carousel from the 28th for about 9 days, I can let you know if you can wait a couple of weeks. Otherwise from what I have read it is decent cheap accomadation and I'm sure others will add to this

Hakuna Makarla
02-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I am booked in at the carousel from the 28th for about 9 days, I can let you know if you can wait a couple of weeks. Otherwise from what I have read it is decent cheap accomadation and I'm sure others will add to this

I liked it but the pillows were really flat! Take one if you can. The room was clean and big enough for us 3 so we were happy. It was so close to the entrance ( right across the street ) and the breakfast was ok for fruit tea ,coffee, and rolls. the pool was clean but no trees if you can believe it. I liked it and my kids loved it.

SCUBAbe
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
I stayed there once. I have not been back. The room was not the greatest. The beds sagged in the middles and one was slanted. The pillows were flat and hard and a couple had hard bumps in them. We went in July...the room was hot and muggy. The air conditioner did not cool it down. We also had issues with the shower. If we turned it on like we would normally shower the curtain would wrap around us and the floor flooded. We had to turn the shower on very lightly. The shower thing has never happened to me at a hotel before then.

Other than that the room was fine. We were also able to sit either up by the pool or in the breakfast room to watch the fireworks. Since then I have stayed at HoJo's. A nice hotel, but a bit of a walk and the park inn anaheim. The park inn was ok. Clean, comfortable beds and pillows, and closer to the park. The other times I have stayed it was on property...:)

Hakuna Makarla
02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I stayed in a room right by the breakfast room top floor away from noise and people above me. I did not have a bad set of beds, we went in August ( very hot) and left the air conditioner on while we were out, we came back to awsome cool rooms. In fact we had to shut it off several times because we got cold! I think it depends, but ask for the room we had, top floor right by the breakfast room. we saw the fire works so clearly and they were beautiful! we slept well with no noise either.

CarlieB
02-16-2005, 06:03 PM
It's okay. The proximity to the Parks is fantastic, but it's fairly basic. I prefer the HoJo - further away, but a better hotel, imho.

Monte Cristo
02-16-2005, 10:59 PM

Well, considering we're not going until December, I will GLADLY wait ;)

MOUSELUVR
02-17-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, considering we're not going until December, I will GLADLY wait ;)

We stayed there last July in one of the suites with a separate bedroom and had a great experience, so much so that we are actually stayting there next Wed, Thurs, Fri, and Sat for our big Presidents week trip! (No. Calif. kids are out of school the whoel week) Anyway...staff was great, room were clean and quiet and you can't get any closer to the crosswalk to the parks...we loved it.

got2travel
02-17-2005, 09:54 AM
The Carousel is always my first choice when planning a trip (that is if I can't get good AP rates on site). I've stayed there on about 6 different trips now.

I've never had any problems with the beds, air conditioning or the showers, but I do agree that the pillows are flat. The pool is small and no trees because its on the roof.

In my opinion the breakfast is a little upgraded from the others in the area. At Carousel you get toast, muffins, danish, fruit, oatmeal, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and juice. Many of the other places only have danish and coffee. The HoJo's doesn't have anything.

The staff has always been pleasant, and the rooms were always clean. I've found that rooms 146-156 are slightly larger than the others. These rooms are actually separate from the main building and are all on the 2nd floor, with parking below and no one above, so they are quieter also.

Be sure to call the hotel directly and ask about any specials, AAA rates or Entertainment rates. I usually pay $49-54 for 2 queens adn $99 for a suite with 3 queens and 2 bathrooms.

Emma
02-17-2005, 10:28 AM
It's okay.

Their pool really sucks though (Which might not affect you anyway, if you're going in December) Other than that, it was fine.

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-17-2005, 10:47 AM
They just renovated in 2003 and we stayed there right after that for a night. We liked the proximity, micro, fridge and the cost. Last year we stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite and that room didn't seem to be as nice as the room that we stayed in on the 5th floor in 2003. The price is right and we like that we are right across the street from DL so we are staying there again next month for $69 a night. I got that price from their website. It's just a basic room but that's all we need since we are out all day. In 2003 we stayed at the Fairfield Inn and I liked it much better there. It seemed nicer and the beds were really comfy. But the walk is further and we ended up catching the shuttle a lot plus there was no micro in the room and no continental breakfast.

disneyperson
02-17-2005, 12:48 PM
It's a decent place. For the price it's a good deal,and the location is good, but don't expect too much in the way of service.

Monte Cristo
02-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Be sure to call the hotel directly and ask about any specials, AAA rates or Entertainment rates. I usually pay $49-54 for 2 queens adn $99 for a suite with 3 queens and 2 bathrooms.

Hmmm...they quoted me $79 a night, $69 for AAA and $149 for a suite. I'd be willing to wager the fact that I'm booking December accounts for the higher price.

Monte Cristo
02-17-2005, 01:57 PM
It's okay.

Their pool really sucks though (Which might not affect you anyway, if you're going in December) Other than that, it was fine.

Nah...don't care about the pool at all. When we visit Disneyland, it's all about Disneyland.

Mrs.N
02-17-2005, 02:09 PM
We found it to be decent. But like someone else said, the pillows were kind of flat. We went after the remodel.

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-17-2005, 02:11 PM
i just called housekeeping for more pillows and they immediately brought up more.

PsychDoc
02-17-2005, 09:51 PM
We stayed there this past August--2 adults and my 11 year old. The room was a good size, and the beds were at least queen, maybe even king. The "breakfast" sucked. Stale rolls and muffins. I'll pass. The best part was how close it was to the gate. Literally took us 5 mins. Very cheap. Less than 200$ for 3 nights. I booked it in 4 days as well. For a last minute trip, not bad. I just prefer to stay on property. I love to be surrounded by DL themeing. Yes, I pay for it, but it's important to me, and my kids love it.