PDA

View Full Version : The New Tomorrowland Paint Scheme

Disneyfreak
02-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of what colors they are painting behind those scaffolding structures? Darkbeer you got anything?

bradk
02-16-2005, 02:48 PM
altho i'm probably wrong as usual, what i've read is that buzz is just getting additional coats of paint because the original paint job was already messing up. i would have assumed star tours was just getting a touchup as well.

Disney Vault
02-16-2005, 03:16 PM
Mouseinfo.com has pictures but you have to sign up to view them. You can't really see anything because it is all covered up. And Innoventions is also being painted right now.

Here are some more pictures that anyone can view but I have heard there has been a lot of progress over the last couple days.
http://disneyforever.com/disneyland/2_13_05/index8.htm

Disneyfreak
02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
altho i'm probably wrong as usual, what i've read is that buzz is just getting additional coats of paint because the original paint job was already messing up. i would have assumed star tours was just getting a touchup as well.

They are not using the same paint scheme. They are painting it white, silver, and blue from what I hear. They are also doing this to innoventions. They will eventually do the whole land before May 5th. BTW is astro orbitor going to close for this new paint? I cant tell you guys how happy I am about the return of the only color that fits tomorrowland.

bradk
02-16-2005, 07:02 PM
the only ride i see scheduled to close for refurb in tomorrowland is honey, i shrunk the audience from 4/4 to 4/8

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-16-2005, 09:34 PM
Those are great photos, thanks! I love looking at all the updates, even though we were just there a couple weeks ago, TC and GRR was closed, and Buzz wasn't as tarped up as it is now.
It saddens me that we will see the park like this, but I know we will still have a ton of fun on our March trip. AND I am SO looking forward to our November trip, when everything is scheduled to be open and beautiful!

Mukta
02-23-2005, 07:50 AM
I went to Tommorowland last night. Innoventions was completely covered up. The land looks even more desolate and dreary than usual. Hopefully the new ride and a new paint job will improve the mood and atmosphere around TL.