PDA

View Full Version : April 30th-May 3rd?

my2princesses
02-16-2005, 02:10 PM
How do you think the crowds will be from Saturday April 30th-Tuesday May 3rd? Is anyone else going on these dates? Any help would be VERY appreciated. We just can't seem to figure out when will be a good time for us to go.
Thanks!!

bradk
02-16-2005, 02:14 PM
(edited for duplicate post)

bradk
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
with all due respect, how many times have you asked this question?

i don't think the answers have changed much.

after february, you're looking at heavier crowds until 2nd & 3rd week of may, and then from memorial day weekend on, it's pretty much all summer crowds.

DangerMouse
02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
My goodness, you are hvaing a tough time deciding, aren't you? We are going the week prior (4/24-28) and are praying for small crowds. We originally planned this time b/c we thought spring breaks would be over and most of our stay is mid-week. Of course, you posted recently that the resort hotels are sold out during this time, so who knows???

My best guess is that the crowds will not be as bad as during spring break (early to mid April), and not as bad as after May 5. Of course, I could be totally wrong and there could end up being a convention of some sort that throws all our theories out of the water. . . .

I say it's time to pick a date and just live with the results. You can drive yourself crazy trying to get that "perfect, no-crowd, feels like we have the whole park to ourselves" DL visit. I'm still hoping to one day have one of those, but for now, I'll just settle for any DL visit . . .

Good luck and try to not to stress over this decision too much. DL generally comes with crowds. I'm learning to accept it. ;)

my2princesses
02-16-2005, 02:52 PM
If my question annoys you why do you post back? I thought this was a trip planning disscusion board, I didn't know I was limited to how may questions I could ask. I'm just trying to get feed back from others who might know more info that can help me out. If I knew I was going to get those kinds of responses I would have tried to find my info elsewhere. This is going to be our first trip with both our 5 yr old and our new little baby who will be 7 months old around the time we plan to go. I don't know how our baby will do with crowds so we are trying to find a time that will be a little less crowded than others. We are also working around not having to take our 5 yr old out of school too many days.I'm not trying to find a day that is totally empty, I know Disnayland comes with crowds. I just don't want to be surprised with unmanageable crowds as far as our baby is concerned. It seems with every date we try to make work, I end up finding out that there are reasons we can't go. So I'm sorry if I annoyed you I will find somewhere else to get my answers.

Thanks

MartyLuvsTigger
02-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi! I don't think anyone is trying to be mean.
I am going April 28. Predicting crowds a d-land is like giving a 10 day weather forecast, never really accurate. :)
I did here there was a cheerleading competion going on but i have not confirmed that rumor.
Good luck and hope you have a good time! :D

DangerMouse
02-16-2005, 03:07 PM
I wasn't annoyed with your questions. I just find it humorous that there are others out there who have as hard of a time finding the right time to go as we do. It is a difficult decision, especially when you have small children to consider. I think Brad was just trying to let you know, no matter how many times you ask the question about crowds, the answers remain the same. No one can give you an accurate number, all anyone can do is guess (well, except for Darkbeer, who does know more than most), and then hope for the best.

Seriously, I hope you find the perfect DL visit you are looking for! :)

bradk
02-16-2005, 03:09 PM
United Spirit All Star and Dance Drill Nationals, 4/1 - 4/3
SCMA Boat Show (presumably at the convention center), 4/7 - 4/10

my2princesses
02-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Thanks Dangermouse,
I just know that there are a lot of people on here who know about certain things going on on certain dates that I may not know about, so I ask the questions hoping someone will let me know if there is something I don't know about about the dates we are considering. We perfer to go when school is out so my daughter doesn't miss school, but we won't be able to get the so-cal ap's because the dates we wanted to go are blocked out. Therefore waiting untill June will cost us a lot more money for tickets. So we will need to go in April or May but we do want to bypass the springbreak crowds. As far as April 30-May3 I wans't for sure if there are special activities going on to lead up to the 50th celebration that would cause even heavier crowds. That is why I asked.
Maybe I just took your responses wrong. Sorry :(

Thanks

Mommy2NicknMax
02-16-2005, 03:22 PM
Is there anyway you can go during the week? Saturdays and Sundays seem to be the busiest days. If you don't mind your daughter missing a week of school, I'd suggest going through the week (keeping in mind Monday and Friday can get busy). The week you picked isn't to good for that though. The park is closed May 4th and May 5th is the kickoff for the 50th.

Whatever you plan I hope you have a wonderful time!

my2princesses
02-16-2005, 10:23 PM
mommy2nickandmax,
I know what you are saying as far as going during the week, but our daughter is having a little trouble in school and we don't want her missing too much. But she has been trying so hard and doing so much better in the last few months that we want to reward her with a trip to her favorite place....the one and only Disneyland. As I posted in an earlier post we would perfer to go in June so she doesn't miss any school at all, but we want to get SoCal AP's so we can go back during christmas and spring next year, however in June only mondays and tuesdays are not blocked. We will really need more than 2 days especially with summer crowds.
Thanks for your reply!

I Heart Disneyland!
02-16-2005, 11:46 PM
We will be there and I DO expect the crowds will be HUGE! Be prepared to bump into a lot of strangers that week! We're going anyway--I don't care about bumping and bruising! ha!