PDA

View Full Version : Crowd watch-least amount before May?

RemainSeatedPlease
02-15-2005, 08:42 PM
Me and my friends wanted to head up for a quick trip, but the last fews times we've gone...it's been huuge crowds and bleh, we're sick of crowds. When do you think the best time to go BEFORE the 50th starts...like the middle of march perhaps? i have no idea, so any idea would be great! thanks

disney jones
02-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Me and my friends wanted to head up for a quick trip, but the last fews times we've gone...it's been huuge crowds and bleh, we're sick of crowds. When do you think the best time to go BEFORE the 50th starts...like the middle of march perhaps? i have no idea, so any idea would be great! thanksas soon as you can on any weekday except Friday. It will get more crowded each week leading into May i think. March will have a lot of spring break traffic. I agree weekends in February are crowded, i was there 10 days ago, and from the trip reports this weekend, its been busy since no APs are blocked out.

so the sooner the better, just avoid the weekends.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Third week of March is Phoenix spring break so you can expect lots of Phoenicians to be there then.

RemainSeatedPlease
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the advice, it helps!

sdfilmcritic
02-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Hey, long time no see. Or have I been stupid and not notice your posts lately?

SoCalDude
02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
During the week while school is still going on. But - Mondays and Fridays are a tad more busy - but still light.

Darkbeer
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
Weekdays from Mid March thru late April are Spring Break, the Utah folks are getting the late April break, and they flock to Disneyland. So i would avoid those weeks.

The first week in March on Weekdays, or the last week in April on Weekdays are my educated guess for the best times to go to avoid crowds.

The second and third weeks (Mon-Thur) in May shouldn't be bad (the weekends will be, with all the locals with AP's checking out the new stuff).

The Middle of March is BAD, the week of March 14th has extended hours, due to expected crowds. March 18th thru April 3rd have peak hours, so expect serious crowds.

Elways way
02-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Yup! My girlfriend is a teacher and most of NorCal gets off the March 21st-25th or the 28th-April1st. I would expect the crowds to be pretty big beginning the 18th or so!

I hate the crowds too (I always try and schedule during the week while school is in session which is hard to do when your girlfriend is a teacher) but looks like Im going to make an exception for the 30th -1st. Have a great time no matter when you go.

sediment
02-16-2005, 08:30 AM
#9 for busiest times. Honestly, why do I keep answers to FAQs in my sig line if no one's going to read them???
Today seems like a perfect day. Weekdays until March 18 or so will be good. The best day? You're asking too much. Any day with attendance below 30K is good; any day below 20K is excellent -- that is, if you don't like crowds.
Also, check the refurb schedule before you go. I'd wait until late April. All the attractions for 50th kickoff should be done by then, but without the hoopla.

Gramiangel420
02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Seattle area schools are out the weeks of April 4th-8th and April 11th-18th! Lots of Washington Disney fans will be headed south. I am going in mid-March. It is the only time we could go! :)

RideMax Mark
02-16-2005, 10:40 AM
I think you'll find weekdays until March 11th to be good. After that, the crowds will pick up significantly.

I'm expecting the week of March 14th to be particularly tough, mostly due to the AZ spring break and the fact that Disney won't be opening the park until 9am that week.

The 9am opening (unlike the 8am opening the following week) makes it harder to get an early jump on the crowds, since you have a huge group already in the park for the rope drop right at 9am. This is compounded if you go on one of the early-entry weekdays (M, T, Th).

I think the fact that Splash Mountain will still be closed that week could also put some significant pressure on some of the other attractions (Indy especially).

Of course, no matter when you go, it *IS* Disneyland, so I'm sure you'll have fun!