PDA

View Full Version : Back again last night. Some questions on the Christmas Fantasy Parade.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-21-2001, 08:22 AM
I was back again last night. Went into DCA just long enough to catch One Man's Dream, and a couple of minutes of The Parade, then park-hopped over to Disneyland, entering Town Square just as they were opening the gate for the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Did some window-shopping and rode the train until the fireworks. Neither Johnny nor Rod were playing at the Coke Corner; somebody named Eric was there.

Something I've been wondering about for years, regarding the Christmas Fantasy Parade (and its predecessors): the "frozen pond" float: is it "plastic ice," or do they have a refrigeration system inside the float?

Also, have the "snowpeople" been redesigned this year?

And what happened to the "carolers" unit? And the dancing in the "princesses" unit? At least for this incurable romantic, they were the best parts of the parade!

Flubber
12-21-2001, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl
And what happened to the "carolers" unit? And the dancing in the "princesses" unit? At least for this incurable romantic, they were the best parts of the parade!

I can't answer any of your questions. Just wanted to say the best part of the parade would be the roller skating snowflakes.

Flub

mousey_girl
12-21-2001, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by hbquikcomjamesl

Also, have the "snowpeople" been redesigned this year?

We saw the parade Dec 6th. The Princess float was there, and they were all taking turns dancing on the center of the float with their prince's.

As for the snow people, they looked the same to me... but then snow people have never been by fotre :D

marron-cream
12-21-2001, 11:28 AM
The snowpeople have definitely been redesigned. I was saw the Very Merry Christmas Parade on video last week and noticed they looked different.

Incidentally, the common consensus among the CMs watching the video was that even the regular (non-Christmas) parts of VMC were better than the entire Parade of the Stars.

DisneyFreak2000
12-21-2001, 08:26 PM
What happened to Lumiere too? Wasn't he on the princess' ball unit? I remember last year they had the Christmas Ball menu and then a food unit (?) and Lumiere next to two candelabras (inanimate) with a ballroom/gazebo behind him where the pricness' danced. I think they changed sometihng this year.

disneylandlive
12-22-2001, 08:59 PM
I don't know the answers to any of those questions, but I do know that Rod will be gone for a while. I was told by Johnny the week after Thanksgiving that Rod is going to have back surgery.

LIMANDL4EVA
12-22-2001, 09:13 PM
whos rod?

Not Afraid
12-22-2001, 09:21 PM
The piano player at Coke Corner.

disneylandlive
12-22-2001, 09:21 PM
Rod Miller, the Coke Corner pianist.

Morrigoon
12-22-2001, 09:35 PM
OUCH! Man, he finally gets over the thumb problem and now his back? Poor guy.

Snowmen have definitely been redesigned, I noticed that on potluck day. As far as I know that's real ice (but I don't know much about the plastic stuff. I do know those are real ice skates they're wearing, not roller). I hadn't noticed the missing caroler unit, but now that you mention it, I don't believe it was there!

I wish they'd do a new Christmas parade already. Even the joke of yelling "One more time!" every time the music repeats is losing its humor (incidentally, it takes 5-6 repeats of the song for the whole parade to pass you). Wouldnt it be nice if they'd do an "Old Fashioned Christmas" theme parade? Something with candles, carolers, old-style wooden toy props/floats, etc? And of course the reindeer, Santa, toy soldiers and snowflakes, since they're traditional for Disneyland and ever so popular.