PDA

View Full Version : The Enchanted Tiki Room Countdown Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
02-15-2005, 03:48 PM
Lets get it started, what do you think they did with the Tiki Room and what improvements will we be seeing? Since the opening date is coming very close, what are they doing now?

Elways way
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I can't wait! Is it going to be based on the WDW version? Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences?

Call me a dork.....but I have always loved this attraction....even when others think I'm crazy!

Andrew
02-15-2005, 04:00 PM
I can't wait! Is it going to be based on the WDW version?
I certainly hope not. I believe some Imagineer or other has stated that Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room will return with the same show as when it closed last year.

Disneyfreak
02-15-2005, 04:15 PM
I can't wait! Is it going to be based on the WDW version? Can anyone enlighten me as to the differences?

Call me a dork.....but I have always loved this attraction....even when others think I'm crazy!

The attraction will be restored to its former glory when it first opened. It will actually be better since our AA's have come a long way since then. All of the AA's will be replaced.

MrsG
02-15-2005, 04:31 PM
I love the Tiki Room too and it is like pulling teeth to get hubby on it! Can't wait to see it again!

harrison278
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
This was one of my most favorite rides when i was little. but the last time i was on this ride i remeber it being in bad shape. this was like a year ago. I'm so glad to see it get its charm back thos eyes on the tiki walls were starting to not move and the birds looked like they had all there feathers plucked off.

Thank god for Matt Ouimet

HorizonsA
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
I really hope they put the "Offenbach" number back in, so we may see the FULL show. It took me a while to figure out that a song was missing from the show because the show seemed a lot shorter. Then I finally e-mailed Disneyland asking them about it and they confirmed the number was taken out in 1997. Please Disney, if you're going to restore The Enchanted Tiki Room to its former glory, then the "Offenbach" number should return. Otherwise it wouldn't really be its "former glory" now would it?

TP2000
02-15-2005, 06:21 PM
I really hope they put the "Offenbach" number back in, so we may see the FULL show. It took me a while to figure out that a song was missing from the show because the show seemed a lot shorter. Then I finally e-mailed Disneyland asking them about it and they confirmed the number was taken out in 1997. Please Disney, if you're going to restore The Enchanted Tiki Room to its former glory, then the "Offenbach" number should return. Otherwise it wouldn't really be its "former glory" now would it?

As a HUGE fan of the Tiki Room, and all things Tiki culture, I have to disagree. The Offenbach number is better off left out. It made the show just two or three minutes too long, and it really served no purpose once the entertainment novelty of robotic animals wore off around 1980. It was a nice thing in the 1960's when the Tiki Room required a separate ticket that was priced higher than even an E Ticket (and it helped give people the sense they'd really seen a major show for their money), but in 2005 it's just too much of a good thing.

I'd bet a churro that the Offenbach number doesn't come back when the Tiki Room opens March 17th.

But the Tiki Room will surely look fantastic when it opens. Thank God for Matt Ouimet!

rentayenta
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
I love the Tiki Room too and it is like pulling teeth to get hubby on it! Can't wait to see it again!

Ditto!

When is it planned to re-open?

Disneyfreak
02-15-2005, 06:37 PM
March 11th. Very soon. I sure hope they replace those chairs though, they were uncomfortable. I always would sit in the back where the booth type seats were.

AmandasDad
02-16-2005, 08:56 AM
I have only the vaguest of memories of this from when I was 5 or so. I can't wait to see it again and show it to my 3-year old!

TikiGeek
02-16-2005, 09:18 AM
Offenbach! - You stay offen my bach I'll stay offen yours! :D

Let's all hope that it was just a restoration and that they have not changed the show. I agree that they will not likely add the "Offenbach" piece back into the show but I hope everything else will be back to it's original glory. It will be really nice to see all the AA's working again - I wonder if it will still have the clicky-clack sound? I've been peeking through the construction boards each visit since the refurb started and I've noticed that they have completely restored/replaced all of the outside Tiki Gods - that will be nice to see too. :)

Now let's all sing together (you know the tune ;) )...Let's all hope that the restoration's complete - sweet, sweet-sweet, sweet-sweet!...

02-16-2005, 09:22 AM
Oh, the Offenbach number was so pretty. Fingers crossed that they leave it in.

bradk
02-16-2005, 09:30 AM
there's a post on another popular forum regarding this topic which involves someone who says she's part of the restoration project as it were. some of the things i recall is that it's received a thorough cleaning and that the clacking has been silenced via some felt or something to that effect.

and everything i've read has stated that the routine will remain the same, for whatever that may be worth.

disney jones
02-16-2005, 10:36 AM
When is it planned to re-open?Mar 11- the same day a whole bunch of other birds fly into town also! :D

Family5LovesDisney
02-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Mar 11- the same day a whole bunch of other birds fly into town also! :DMe, being one of the birds! :p ALL TOGETHER NOW............ My four year old has Memorized the TIKI Room song and can't wait to go and see it!

bradk
02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
i wonder if disney will offer a detox program since the vast majority of times i've heard the tiki tiki tiki room song, it was performed by hilary duff on the disneymania cd (altho quite honestly i usually skip it, nothing against her of course).

Family5LovesDisney
02-16-2005, 10:52 AM
i wonder if disney will offer a detox program since the vast majority of times i've heard the tiki tiki tiki room song, it was performed by hilary duff on the disneymania cd (altho quite honestly i usually skip it, nothing against her of course).
They need one for "It's A Small World" too. That's other song that sticks in your head the rest of the day.

bradk
02-16-2005, 10:56 AM
baha men, disneymania 2. now that's a rendition i hope to never hear.

arielova
02-16-2005, 01:37 PM
I don't remember the offenbach stuff at all till you all posted about it. Was there a song attached to said chit chat?

bradk
02-16-2005, 01:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enchanted_Tiki_Room provides some interesting info about the attraction. according to whoever wrote the article, the attraction will include the 'expansion of the original show back to its original length.' also, the dole juice bar (?) or whatever was once the ticket booth is now gone.

skoolpsyk
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
let's hope all the pre-show entertainment in the waiting area remains!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-16-2005, 01:57 PM
Can't wait to see it. I think my boys will love it. They haven't ever seen it before. My mom has the official album, yes she STILL has a record player, of DL and Tiki Room is on it, my kids love the music!

Andrew
02-16-2005, 01:59 PM
I suspect that as long as the attraction is sponsored by Dole, the juice bar (which also serves fresh pineapple spears and Dole Whip) will remain. It's probably been removed for construction access to the site, and may well be rebuilt from scratch when it does return. But unless I'm way off, it'll be back.

Alex S.
02-16-2005, 02:02 PM
The juice bar is still there (at least the building over it). They just finished putting the new thatching on it.