PDA

View Full Version : Help! Help me make my proposal stand out!

Elways way
02-15-2005, 01:51 PM
Okay......I have posted something similar to this question before....but now I need all of your help to try and sidestep the powers that be at Disney.

I'm now going through the "sponsorship application" process for a brick on the "Walk of Magical Memories". I had planned to use the brick as a "prop" in my eventual proposal to my girlfriend (i.e. take her to find the brick and surprise her with a proposal on bended knee over the brick) but I'm not sure when I will actually pop the question. I'd love to have the brick say something that reflects the moment......but "Brick inscriptions may include proper person or family names, a single date, and a place (such as Anaheim, CA). No other information, including, but not limited to, slogans, titles, memorials, messages, copyright information, company or group names may be included on the brick." . This restricts the idea of using the brick to ask the question (i.e Carrie- Will you marry me?)......and ideas? I could always just use our names (Derek and Carrie), a date, and a symbol......but I was hoping for something a little more clever and meaningful.

She is an amazing person that deserves something even more amazing! Hopefully the collective imagination of all you guys (and gals) at mouseplanet can help me deliver something truly memorable.

There's my dilemna and my humble request for help, advice, suggestions, etc.

Bill Catherall
02-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Name: Will U. Marryme

Put in what ever date is your "anniversary" date: the day you met, your first date, or whatever you acknowledge as your "anniversary."

Place: the location of your "anniversary": where you met, where you went on your date, etc.

Vault Disney
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
Let's say your name is Smith. How about "The Smiths" and then the date you plan on proposing or maybe the year you hope to get married.

The Smiths
7/17/05

The Smiths

:)

Elways way
02-15-2005, 02:14 PM
The whole name and expected date was my first idea! I just worry about the date changing (guess it doesn't matter as long as the intent is there).

I like the idea of "Will U. Marryme" and maybe her name after that "Carrie" and then the year (since that is as close as Im gonna get). Think that will get by?

got2travel
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I think you're safer with the name and date idea. That's what I was thinking when I first started reading your post.

They won't let you do the Will U. Marryme thing. They questioned me when I gave them my son's name, which is Trevoy. They asked a few times if that was a nickname or his proper name.

disneyhound
02-15-2005, 02:46 PM
...They won't let you do the Will U. Marryme thing...
I agree, with all the restrictions in place, and the relative small number of bricks, they will be looking for "hidden Mickeys" as it were... :D

yummy mummy
02-15-2005, 02:46 PM
What about Carrie Wilhue and the date you will propose on. When she sees it she will say CARRIE (lastname) WILHUE??? And then you say yes Carrie will you Marry me. Kind of cheesy but

Or you could just put her first name with your last name on it.... if you think she would take your name that is.

figmentspark
02-15-2005, 02:59 PM
You could do the wedding bells icon that they have.

Niwel
02-15-2005, 03:01 PM
The whole name and expected date was my first idea! I just worry about the date changing (guess it doesn't matter as long as the intent is there).

Stick with the date you met, which won't change, and I think her first name with your last is cute --- or you can do her name AND yours with the wedding bells (and the date you met). Just make sure the brick is there (and where it is) before you propose :D

Elways way
02-15-2005, 03:05 PM
All good ideas thus far! Anybody know where i can have a fake birth certificate made (this is LA after all)? Just Kidding of course!

I'm sure she will take my name....since she was very upset that are friend didn't take her husband's last name.....but the problem is still the date. Maybe I just need to pick a date for some time next year and plan the whole thing around it. I'm gonna try with the clever approach and see what they say. I can always fall pack on the more simple and "pure" method.

Earkid
02-15-2005, 04:44 PM
I think you should put your first name, her first name and your last name as if you were already married. I would sure get the point from seeing that on a brick. Then put the date you two met. The brick is meant to represent both of you for years to come. Good luck and big Congrats!! :D

When we ordered ours (my name, DH's name and last name and our wedding date) DL sent us something in the mail to sign, like a contract. They requested we both sign it. So you may have to forge her (future) signature. :eek: