PDA

View Full Version : Any good Buena Park motels?

Leash81
02-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Can anyone give me some ideas for nice but inexpensive Buena Park motels. We need to economize on next DL vacation and staying further from the park seems good but I can't find any motels that don't scare me. Thanks.

Elways way
02-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Depends on what you consider economical! My girlfriend and I love the Embassy Suites in Buena Park. It is within walking distance to Knotts, right next to all the dinner theatres, and they have a regular shuttle service to DL that may take five minutes longer than the ones closer to the park. The staff is great and the hotel has always been very clean and comfortable.

MouseWife
02-15-2005, 03:24 PM
I also love the Embassy Suites. AAA is great as well as constantly checking their site. {don't forget you can book something and cancel it as long as it isn't the type where you pay ahead of time}

The other place I've stayed is the Radisson. They can have really good rates, especially during the week. No shuttle to Disneyland, though. You can take the freeway or the backroads to Disneyland.

And, there are smaller less expensive hotels surrounding Disneyland. Try the top chain brands, Best Western, Days Inn, others I'm sure.

As well as sometimes the rates at the Disney hotels drop to pretty decent rates AND depending on how long you are going to be there, it may be worth it for one person to get an AP. If the AP rates are worth it, that is.

Best Value Inn in Orange isn't the tops anymore as far as 4 Star but it is nice and not too far. Check out their website. {which I don't have...}

disneyscott
02-15-2005, 03:58 PM
Here are two links for you

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4FJRJJOB0DPXOCSGBIVMVCQKIYF C3UUC?ctyhocn=LAXBPHX

this is for the Hampton Inn in Buena Park

and
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4FJRJJOB0DPXOCSGBIVMVCQKIYF C3UUC?ctyhocn=LAXGGHX

This is the Hampton Inn close to Disney. Most people overlook this one because its town is Garden Grove but they are on Harbor and free shuttle to Disney as well.

I would stay at the Embassy Suites when ever i get a chance because when you add up the cooked to order breakfast and the free booze in the pm 5-7pm it makes the room rate that much better. if you want thoses links ask and ill find them for you.

Elways way
02-15-2005, 04:01 PM
I agree with Scott! Heading off in the morning with a cooked to order breakfast and coming back to the hotel for a nice little happy hour before you go back to the park for fireworks is perfect. Don't mean to be redundant....but I cant say enough about the Embassy Suites in Buena Park.

kbanmen
02-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Depends on what you consider economical! My girlfriend and I love the Embassy Suites in Buena Park. It is within walking distance to Knotts, right next to all the dinner theatres, and they have a regular shuttle service to DL that may take five minutes longer than the ones closer to the park. The staff is great and the hotel has always been very clean and comfortable.

Yes this is a good motel, I stayed there once

Darkbeer
02-15-2005, 07:38 PM
I have stayed on property at the Radisson Knott's Berry Farm multiple times, and enjoyed it. Nice pool/tennis area, large rooms, and nice staff. :)

If you can get a good price there, that would be my first choice....

ExPeRiMeNt629
02-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Don't eat at Denny's on beach, service is really bad, Don't stay at RED ROOF INN Near the 91 by Knotts, their service really sucks. Last time i stood their i had a training shift at 5:30 am and i was sleeping so i could wake up early and next thing i know around 1:40 am i get a knock on my door to open my door so i called the front desk and told them someone was knocking on my door and they were like "we will take care of it, its the maintmance guy he went to the wrong room" and they hung up on me, so i was laying in bed guy still knocking on my door, i'm tired need sleep till 4:30am to go to work at 5:30 next thing you know The guy opens my door and i'm like "WTF.. is your problem. and he is like saying he got a complaint that i was playing my music too loud. I was asleep. well anyways I woke up late cause i had to aruge with the guy for 20 mins, went to check out and told the manager and he was like "So what do you want me to do, i'll give you 3percent back of your money".. Lame lame service. oh and don't stay anywhere on cresent or should i call it CRACKLANE. stay at a well known name hotel not no "HOLA INN" you'll thank your self later.