PDA

View Full Version : AP question

Shortiemetoo
02-15-2005, 09:29 AM
I read the thread that said the AP prices may go up in March. What I am wondering is, if I were to buy AP's online today is this the date they would expire next year, or would it be from the first day I validated it and got my picture etc?
I am thinking that if I buy an AP I can go down in May for a few days and maybe in July for my birthday as well as the December trip with my brother.
Also when you have an AP you are entitled to a discount at onsite properties correct? Is that with any AP or just a certain type.
Thank you for any information you can give me!!! And if has been asked before I apologize. :D :(

Lani
02-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Your AP clock starts ticking the moment you get your plastic card with your photo on it. If you wish to purchase your AP without using it, I believe you have up to X number of months to get your card. I don't recall how many months that was, but it could be up to six months (or even a year).

Shortiemetoo
02-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Wow, cool Lani, thank you!!! That means if I buy it in the next few days I can maybe wait until May to activate it!! I will call to make sure, thanks again!!!! :fez:

Darkbeer
02-15-2005, 11:29 AM
I read the thread that said the AP prices may go up in March. What I am wondering is, if I were to buy AP's online today is this the date they would expire next year, or would it be from the first day I validated it and got my picture etc?

I am thinking that if I buy an AP I can go down in May for a few days and maybe in July for my birthday as well as the December trip with my brother.
Also when you have an AP you are entitled to a discount at onsite properties correct? Is that with any AP or just a certain type.

Thank you for any information you can give me!!! And if has been asked before I apologize. :D :(

First, the AP vouchers have had an approximate 3 month shelf life, so a voucher bought today would be valid thru May 2005.

As for discounts, the type of AP affects your discounts, for example only the premium get a 10% discount on merchandise inside the park.

MouseSavers.com has the full list of food and merchandise discounts...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#annual

As for hotel discounts, they are not guaranteed. They tend to be announced just a few weeks prior to being valid, and only if the hotel capacity is below a certain level.

Shortiemetoo
02-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Darkbeer, you are a man after my heart!!! Any question I ask, you answer!! Thank you and to Lani too! I will check out the MP site now!!! :D

yummy mummy
02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
I read the thread that said the AP prices may go up in March. :(

Where is the thread??? I am trying to find it but no luck.

Shortiemetoo
02-15-2005, 09:25 PM
It was in a thread by Mommyto2boys....I will try to find it and post it here for you!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-15-2005, 10:29 PM
I didn't say they would go up. I said that the Disney store here (in AZ) told me that they are not processing APs until mid March. Darkbeer thought maybe they were raising the prices again in March since that is what they did last year, March and October.

Darkbeer
02-15-2005, 10:45 PM
ANd let me clarify, when I read the original post dealing with the "weird" issue of the Disney Stores new AP vouchers not being good until mid-March, it made me think... Why a starting date, instead of an ending date... As mentioned above, if you look back to when they raised the AP prices in 2004, it was in March, just prior to the main Spring Break period, and October.

As I said in the other thread, this made me think that the AP prices MIGHT once again go up in March..... This is an educated guess, nothing more.