PDA

View Full Version : Do We Have A Right To Be Upset?

snappy
12-20-2001, 08:33 PM
To all who come to this magical place, to escape the reality of everyday life, and relive their childhood years, does Eisner still Receive his annual cheers, of millions of dollars from Ear to Ear.

Considering the financial problems Disney is having with Disneyland and DCA(especially) I'm 100% sure the Suits and ties still get their over paid checks and perks $$$$. This practice in general really ticks me off!! In Japan if the company doesn't do well the Suits don't receive a bonus, but it seems in the U.S no matter how bad a company does the head guys will always get their's. Rich get richer, and the poor either get hours cut or lose their jobs, NOT RIGHT! Can anything be done or I'm I just plain old Naive? :crying: :(

Nigel2
12-20-2001, 10:03 PM
Well it isn't right but that is what american buisness is. Heck it is alot worse when a company is going under like Enron (which Shrub is in a whole heap of trouble for right now) where the suits sell out their stock and hurts others 401k plans. On well what are you going to do?

coronamouseman
12-21-2001, 05:58 AM
Only when it becomes clear that Disney stock will consistently lose money will Eisner ever be asked to leave.

Theme parks are but one piece of the Disney pie and in general, the Disney parks have been profitable. With the recession and the 9/11 events, problems in theme park attendance will be overlooked until the country reaches a post-recession period and/or release of worldwide tensions signified by some measure of success in the war against terrorism. Wall street, probably the most important critic of Eisner and Disney, has basically said Disney parks will revive in the post-recession era so the parks are simply not a concern for them.

So don't expect anytime soon that Disney investors will try to force Eisner out because of bad theme park management .......

On the other hand, if he keeps getting mauled at the box office by his "buddies" over at Dreamworks on the motion picture side ....... well, we can all hope can't we!

merlinjones
12-21-2001, 07:22 AM
Let's hope that the rumored plans to alter the Feature Animation division cause a corporate backlash before too much harm is done.

Doodle Duck
12-21-2001, 07:38 AM
We have a right to be ticked to be sure...but...just like the colonization of Mars...any solutions are in the future and there isn't much we can do except...well...like the french soldier in 'Holy Grail' ..fart in their general direction.
I despise what Pressler has done to my 2nd home through neglect and sheer stupidity...but what can I do...except withold the sheckals and remember a better day.
sad huh.:(