PDA

View Full Version : 50th Ebay event thingy

marktips
02-14-2005, 09:57 PM
I found this on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6510658271&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcN__Stores

It's a Disney package to cover to the 50th event. Interesting because it sorta shows how Disney is doing this whole event for the press.

They're using WDW as the "kick-off party" on May 5th. Then, sending folks to DL itself for the Juyl 17 party. No mention of Space Mountain btw...

Thought you'd all like to see.

olegc
02-14-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah - we should have all known that all that talk and gossip on how the May 5th event will be focused on Disneyland and be mimiced around the globe on the same day is actually a sham - that the focal point is WDW.

BUT - having Disneyland be the focal point on the 17th is a wonderful surprise and it's the first true sign that they have SOMETHING focused on Disneyland. So often it's "oh, yeah, we almost forgot. Here you go - a bucket of confetti and a set of t-shirts that say WDW and DLR on the tags"

Shortiemetoo
02-15-2005, 09:50 AM
Hmmm thats like it being your birthday and your sibling having the birthday party. Disneyworld gets new rides etc...disneyland gets Buzz and 2 parades and fireworks...is that because of space limitations or because of finances?
I must say though I can't wait to see it all!!!

cstephens
02-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Hmmm thats like it being your birthday and your sibling having the birthday party.

This is where I don't get the analogy to real people. These aren't real people. They're business entities.