PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from The Happiest Faces on Earth?

rentayenta
02-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Has anyone got confirmation that their photos were selected?

Does anyone know when we are supposed to find out?

Deogge's Mom
02-14-2005, 05:56 PM
I haven't heard anything yet. I think I submitted 5 or 6 pictures.

rentayenta
02-14-2005, 06:11 PM
Is the mosiac supposed to be ready by May or July?

Deogge's Mom
02-14-2005, 06:46 PM
I thought it was supposed to be ready by May. I know they were having problems getting pictures, maybe that has delayed the mosiac.

rentayenta
02-14-2005, 06:48 PM
I thought it was supposed to be ready by May. I know they were having problems getting pictures, maybe that has delayed the mosiac.

I cannot imagine them having problems getting pictures. I would think that people would have sent them in by the handfuls.

Glad you are joining us at Hook's :)

BQ2
02-14-2005, 07:02 PM
We're still waiting here. We droped some off at DLR and we e-mailed some in too!

Deogge's Mom
02-14-2005, 07:11 PM
Glad you are joining us at Hook's :)

[derail] Thanks, I am so looking forward to that weekend. It will be great to see everyone face to face. :) I think I'm going to try to get a meet going at The Cove Bar Saturday the 12th. [end derail]

I think Al Lutz had something about the problem getting pictures in his column a couple of months ago. I know the deadline for submitting pictures had been extended and cast members were being strongly encouraged to submit photos.

sdfilmcritic
02-14-2005, 11:19 PM
I haven't heard anything yet and I submitted about twenty photos.

Merm8fan
02-15-2005, 01:14 AM
We didn't submit any, but were pulled aside by two CM's with cameras near the teacups last November because my two nieces and sister-in-law were all wearing pastel pink/purple. They explained they needed photos with specific colors for the mosaics. She planted them in front of a big pink "leaf" by the ride, and the whole photo would have been pink/purple. We had to fill out the "release" forms then and there.

Based on that, I think they may have plenty of pictures, but not enough that are mostly a single color or two similar colors for certain parts of the mosaics. I look at generic pics I take at the resort, and they are all mixes of colors, not really suitable for the project.

If the photos you submitted are "solid" blocks of colors, I think your odds are good of being in at least one of the mosaics. (If I recall correctly, they needed purple for a Maleficent section.)

Disneymom3
02-15-2005, 10:36 AM
I haven't heard anything yet either and I sent 5 pics back in Nov. I believe it said they would notify in early spring. Maybe in March or early April. I can't wait to find out though!

RStar
02-15-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, they were having problems getting people to send them in, they even pushed back the deadline by a month in order to get more. The problem is the forms. Digging out the photos, making sure it's DL (I have a few that I'm not sure now if it is Knott's or DL), trying to figure out the date, and getting it to Disney (my scanner died and I had to get a new one) ended up being a hastle for most people.

Now they need to scan in all the photos mailed, look at and catagorize each and enter all the information about each one, and verify that they are OK to use and of DL. This will take quite a while. Once it's all in a data base for the computer, then they can start working on all the mosaics (I think they said thier were 5, not sure). But until all of them are done they won't know for sure where each photo may go because they may pull some out from spots to use a better one in its place or because they need it more in another mosaic. So I don't expect to hear from them until close to the May debut.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I know we've had this thread, and MODS, feel free to combine them, but, has anyone heard if their photos are being used? We're getting close to May here! I'd love to see one of mine in there!

WITron
03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
I sent in about 5 pics and still have heard nothing.

Crazy4DL
03-11-2005, 09:36 PM
we sent in pictures and still have not heard either :(

disneyhound
03-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Has anyone got confirmation that their photos were selected?
Nope. I'm waiting for my moment of glory, so I can tell all my non-believer friends and family just how special I really am! I can already see them rolling their eyes... :D

ftroop6
03-12-2005, 09:56 AM
We sent in lots of pictures and still no word.

SANDYMARIE
03-12-2005, 12:01 PM
We sent in 5, notta heard a word..............

nsyncitnd1787
03-12-2005, 09:51 PM
nothing yet.. but i'm waiting. i can't wait til i find out so that way i can tell my friends in the pics that they are going to be making (not that big though) disney history! can't jinx it... so-knock on wood... ~knock knock knock~ ok... that's better

Crazy4DL
03-13-2005, 02:48 AM
RentaYenta; I found my email from when I first sent in some pictures - so maybe we will be hearing from them soon :)

If your photo is used, you will receive another email alerting you of its general placement in the Happiest Faces On Earth photo collages, throughout the DisneylandŽ Resort. We will try to send your usage notification email in spring 2005.