PDA

View Full Version : I see gold elephants

jetkitten
02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
I know that they are painting original rides gold so are they doing jungle cruise as well? Painting a gold hjippo or something. And are they doing the storybook ride because it really isn't if you think about it. (the ride of weeds come to mind). Does anyone have a list of everything they are painting?

ttztotdca50
02-14-2005, 03:22 PM
I think that the boats are just going to be painted instead of an actual Audio-Animatronic.

olegc
02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
From Jay Rusolo's presentation it said that Vehicles would be gold - not other parts...

bradk
02-14-2005, 03:37 PM
and let us hope that - along with the lampposts - the presentation was highly exaggerated. gold trim on the mark twain i can deal with. gold dumbos? that's just a bit too gaudy for me, but that's just my opinion.

sdfilmcritic
02-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Can't they paint Bob the Gaurdian Monkey gold?

jetkitten
02-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Can't they paint Bob the Gaurdian Monkey gold?
Oh I love Bob! I don't think he needs a new gold suit though. how about putting sam in a tux?

Durliin
02-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Bob should not be gold I mean after all he is a Brass Monkey....a funky Monkey

Mark Goldhaber
02-14-2005, 10:27 PM
and let us hope that - along with the lampposts - the presentation was highly exaggerated. gold trim on the mark twain i can deal with. gold dumbos? that's just a bit too gaudy for me, but that's just my opinion.
Golden vehicle concept art (http://nowherespecial.net/misc/golden_vehicles.jpg)

CrazyTrain
02-15-2005, 07:08 AM
When are they going to paint these vehicles? Are they painting an existing one or replacing one with a new gold painted one?

bradk
02-15-2005, 07:12 AM
my best guess might be that there are cars already out of service that are painted backstage just for the sake of approval and they'll be swapped in on the 4th, but theoretically, they have from the time of closing on may 3 through opening may 5 to do whatever.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-15-2005, 07:12 AM
Oh. I thought maybe "gold elephants" was a metaphor for insanely wealthy Republicans.

Disney Vault
02-15-2005, 02:49 PM
I am guessing it will turn out much better than the concept art.

CrazyTrain
02-15-2005, 05:04 PM
I figured sometying like that, brad. I wasn't sure how long it'd actually take to do the swapping!

Viva La Disney
02-15-2005, 05:17 PM
I kinda like how the Autopia car looks in the concept art though,(With the 50th logo on the hood.)

bradk
02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
well for most rides, cars are swapped in and out all the time, so it wouldn't take more than 15 to 20 mins for basically any ride. the dumbo would be a bit of a challenge though, but still, it could be done. i'm sure they're taken offline a lot more than we'd all think anyway.

disney jones
02-15-2005, 08:18 PM
there was a thread here not long ago, that Walt's favorite horse on the Carousel is missing, and the specualtion was that it's the one currently getting painted.

bradk
02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
well i think the idea was that she was getting a touch up paint job, but the fact does remain that there were 4 horses pulled indefinitely because of a bench they had to put in, so whether she gets rotated back in or not remains to be seen.

along with dumbo, i'd probably end up demanding my money back if she came back online in all gold, especially with all the details that would essentially get lost in the process.

just say no to gold vehicles. i think we get the whole 50th anniversary thing by now.

ExPeRiMeNt629
02-15-2005, 10:00 PM
In regards to that story book comment their are never any weeds, and I think you need to take along deep swim in the canal that hasn't been changed in over quite sometime. I would share on what they are going to change for the 50 in Fantasyland but I will not now. HEHE and also a possible new addition to a land that wasn't their 50 years ago. but i will not share.

I Heart Disneyland!
02-15-2005, 11:38 PM
Oh. I thought maybe "gold elephants" was a metaphor for insanely wealthy Republicans.

I love it! Too funny!!! :D

I CANNOT wait to get there in May! This anticipation is killing me!!! (If the crowds don't kill me first!) ;)

I Heart Disneyland!
02-15-2005, 11:39 PM
there was a thread here not long ago, that Walt's favorite horse on the Carousel is missing, and the specualtion was that it's the one currently getting painted.

That seems wrong! If it's Walt's favorite, it should stay the same. Though, I do like the concept art for the gold things here and there. Very cool!

By the way Disney Jones...avatar...ADORABLE!!!

sdfilmcritic
02-15-2005, 11:46 PM
Bob should not be gold I mean after all he is a Brass Monkey....a funky MonkeyAAAAHHHH!!!! Now I'm gonna have that song in my head for the rest of my work day! AAAAHHHH!!!

:dances around the room: Brass Monkey. The funky monkey.