PDA

View Full Version : Not really rumors, they are more like facts

DonaldDuck14
02-14-2005, 08:39 AM
I have been picking on some news of whats going on...

First I found out (or heard i should say) that plaza pavillion will yet again host food, but it won't be a resturant. Instead sources have said that Nestle will be a sponsor and Plaza Pavillion will be serving cookies...that's right cookies. But there shall be a show, yup I said show. It's suppose to be a show geared to little kids on making cookies if I heard right. If not that, then something geared towards cookies or baking. And like that birthday celebration at Plaza inn, there is a live actor that helps host the show. And you get to make your own cookie (kinda like a cookie decorating activity). "How much?" you may ask? Sources have said that this is free because Nestle is sponsoring the idea. And i assume that there will be other cookies and baked goods you can purchased along with the appropriate beverages. I personally wasn't too thrilled when I heard the fate of the place either. Don't believe me? Well wait till March when it re-opens again, and we'll see.

As far as the Cast previews starting March 7th through the 10th i believe, i heard that it is a planned soft opening. What makes it a cast exclusive event is that cast members and their families and friends get to go through the fast pass.

And for May 4th as Disneyland being "closed." Well it's just basically closed to the public, but it's opened for the media. So Im sure they are going to do "finishing touch-ups" but it actually a day set aside for the media.

You might think these news tid-bits may be a bit shady (if anything the cookie idea, because I didn't believe it at first) but the sources I have recieved these from are reliable. But if your still in doubt, you could always wait to see it when the time comes for these events to unfold.

Corwin17
02-14-2005, 09:02 AM
I have been picking on some news of whats going on...

First I found out (or heard i should say) that plaza pavillion will yet again host food, but it won't be a resturant. Instead sources have said that Nestle will be a sponsor and Plaza Pavillion will be serving cookies...that's right cookies. But there shall be a show, yup I said show. It's suppose to be a show geared to little kids on making cookies if I heard right. If not that, then something geared towards cookies or baking. And like that birthday celebration at Plaza inn, there is a live actor that helps host the show. And you get to make your own cookie (kinda like a cookie decorating activity). "How much?" you may ask? Sources have said that this is free because Nestle is sponsoring the idea. And i assume that there will be other cookies and baked goods you can purchased along with the appropriate beverages. I personally wasn't too thrilled when I heard the fate of the place either. Don't believe me? Well wait till March when it re-opens again, and we'll see.

As far as the Cast previews starting March 7th through the 10th i believe, i heard that it is a planned soft opening. What makes it a cast exclusive event is that cast members and their families and friends get to go through the fast pass.WOW! Fast passes for cookie decorating! :fez:

(Sorry. Couldn't resist)

For clarification ... the Cast previews are for Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. Darkbeer reported yesterday about them here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=37391)

TikiGeek
02-14-2005, 09:14 AM
I can second the Plaza Pavillion cookie decorating rumor/fact. I've heard from a very credible source that the Refreshment Corner piano will be moved to the front area of the pavillion and the pavillion will host "cookie decorating" - no further details. :cool:

AlanaP
02-14-2005, 10:40 AM
that sounds just like the cookie baking thing at the Land in epcot. Basically you are making nestle tollhouse cookies. Its fun.

Shortiemetoo
02-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I bet that could be a lot of fun for kids. Especially if they get to decorate them. I can't wait to decorate a cookie in the firehouse in Dec...and make a gingerbread house...I hope!!!!! :D

AVP
02-14-2005, 10:57 AM
All of this is consistant with what I've recently heard.

AVP

marktips
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Perhaps with Nestle's big sponsorship icon, the Land, getting redone they wanted to expand on their links with Disney and public visibility?

It does sound a lot like the old cookie-making place at the Land, which, it would seem was probably torn down with most of the rest of what was inside the building. So, perhaps it's really just a relocations of an idea that Nestle was fond of?

Nestle was never too blatant in stating the Land was theirs (for example, unlike Kraft which had a 3-tiered glass box displaying their product line highlights) other than the fact that cookies were "Nastle Tollhouse" cookies all over WDW and at the Land you could make the cookies and be a Junior Chef (you get free cookies and a nifty chef hat!) so maybe this is their way of keeping their image out there.

Obviously, since Soarin' is going in "their" pavillion, Nestle is going forward or furthering their contact with Disney.

Also, the Junior Chef at Epcot originally was the only "Kidcot" style item in Future World, the rest were in World Showcase. It was apparently popular enough that the other major-sponsor pavillion, Test Track (general motors) opted for one for themselves recently.

I guess the point is - don't naysay the cookies jsut yet. Yeah, having the restaurant itself back would probably be nice, that doesn't make the cookies a bad thing. Just different, and from waht I've seen at Epcot, a nice thing for kids and families.

mbrady
02-14-2005, 12:43 PM
It's better than using that space for AP processing or pin trading!

JSKoehler
02-14-2005, 12:59 PM
My then four-year-old did the cookie baking thing at Epcot ... he had a blast.

MrsG
02-14-2005, 03:12 PM
It's better than using that space for AP processing or pin trading!
Completely agree!

kohl
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
When will it be open for everybody? Sound like a lot of fun!

The Mouse Is Back
02-14-2005, 03:59 PM
They've had cookie decorating at the firehouse for the last couple of years during the winter holidays, and it seems to be popular enough. The daughter and I did it this past Christmas. My only complaint is that the tables weren't cleaned up in between guests. Pretty messy.

To devote a whole area to it year-round, though...I have a feeling they may end up making it a weekends/holidays-only kind of thing.

-Allegra-

RStar
02-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Well, it's better than being empty or using it for APs or pins. But sounds like kind of a lame idea to me.

But how many resturants can the parks support? So I don't know what to think. Oh well, what ever. They could have torn it down, along with Tiki Room and Aladdin's and put in a food court as once look at. I'm glad they didn't do that!

cstephens
02-15-2005, 11:46 AM
But how many resturants can the parks support?

GOOD restaurants? More than they have now.

marktips
02-15-2005, 12:05 PM
Epcot supports 14 table service restaurants (San Angel, Akershus, Nine Dragons, Biergarten, Alfredos, Tempura Kiku, Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki, Marrekesh, Bistro de Paris, Chefs des France, Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, Coral Reef, and Garden Grill) only one of which does not accept priority seating (tempura kiku).

It also has several counter service restaurants (1 per country, and then some!) but historicly has less attendance than DL. DLR can support a much higher number of restaurants than it has.

MrsG
02-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Thank you marktips! Let's keep the "more good restaurants" idea alive!!

ToursbabeC3po
02-15-2005, 01:10 PM
As far as the Cast previews starting March 7th through the 10th i believe, i heard that it is a planned soft opening. What makes it a cast exclusive event is that cast members and their families and friends get to go through the fast pass.
I have two close friends on the opening crew of buzz and this is what I have heard too.

Doodle Duck
02-15-2005, 07:10 PM
What they really need to do is have a TOUR of how Cookies are made.
John Waters can do a video.

nsyncitnd1787
02-15-2005, 07:30 PM

no offense, but california adventure has 2 tours allready and they NEVER have a line, it might be a good idea short-run, but long run..... well, lets just put it this way, noone is going to go to disneyland for a cookie factory tour - just go to a nestle factory or something for less money than it costs to go to disneyland.

like i said, no offense.

kohl
02-15-2005, 07:40 PM
I would not go to Disneyland JUST for the cookie tour, but I would love to have a cookie tour with some samples. I don't go to DCA just for the tours, but I still go when a tortilla is calling me. :D

kbanmen
02-15-2005, 08:24 PM
yes the CM members and fa ilies can go to buzz light years thing on March 7th..(CM member preview)

Andrew
02-15-2005, 08:25 PM
like i said, no offense.
I think it may have been a joke.

kbanmen
02-15-2005, 08:26 PM
WOW! Fast passes for cookie decorating! :fez:

(Sorry. Couldn't resist)

For clarification ... the Cast previews are for Buzz Lightyear's Astroblasters. Darkbeer reported yesterday about them here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=37391)

thatas right for the buzz light years NEW ride thing..getting my tickets in the mrning

bradk
02-15-2005, 08:28 PM

now that i like. they can build a giant refrigerator that you walk through.. actually maybe like an omnimover system. you travel through the fridge, narrowly get sliced in half by giant, extremely sharp knives and end up in a giant oven for 10-15 minutes. screams e ticket to me.

marktips
02-15-2005, 08:31 PM
You know.. as a show.. maybe "Kitchen Kabaret" would be a fitting name? Maybe we could get Kraft to sponsor it.