PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions

Pages : [1] 2

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2005, 09:56 PM
How long are they going to keep it going? It has to be the worst thing, aside from Captain EO. Any rumors on what will go here and when?

Darkbeer
02-13-2005, 10:28 PM
They just booked some new sponsors, so it looks like it will be around for awhile...:(

animagusurreal
02-13-2005, 11:32 PM
I only went once and I wondered if I was missing something :confused: , though I couldn't tell if I was or not - I found it difficult to navigate in a very un-Disney-like way. What I did see felt like an infomercial.

And the enterance being on the first floor and the exit on the second floor really made it feel like a trap - like once they get you inside, you have to go through at least part of it in order to get out. (I can't figure out why else the exit would be on the second floor.)

At any rate, I definitely would prefer a ride, or at least a show, fill the space.

Darkbeer
02-13-2005, 11:47 PM
I only went once and I wondered if I was missing something :confused: , though I couldn't tell if I was or not - I found it difficult to navigate in a very un-Disney-like way. What I did see felt like an infomercial.

And the enterance being on the first floor and the exit on the second floor really made it feel like a trap - like once they get you inside, you have to go through at least part of it in order to get out. (I can't figure out why else the exit would be on the second floor.)

At any rate, I definitely would prefer a ride, or at least a show, fill the space.

The exit was originally upstairs when it was the Carousel of Progress, at the end fo the show, you went up an escalator in the middle of the stage to see a model of the city of tomorrow, which some said was the first plans for EPCOT, then everyone walked down the ramp.

When they changed over to America Sings, they unloaded on the lower floor.

Innoventions brought back the use of the second floor, and it does help in traffic flow (it is always better to have an seperate exit), not that there is much traffic flow for Innoventions...:eek:

justlittleoldme
02-14-2005, 07:57 AM
It's really not that bad of a attraction. We went on it to take a break from the shower/rain that was going on Friday. I had never been on it and neither had my kids. We didn't stay more then 10 minutes in there. I was paranoid that my 18 month old would fall or trip on the spining part of the building and loose fingers. Heck, even if I tripped and landed wrong My fingers could get stuck. It just didn't seem like a good idea. Most people in our group wandered around the building looking lost and then left quickly. I couldn't imagine it on a busy day.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Great place to bring back the Country Bears!

hbquikcomjamesl
02-14-2005, 08:36 AM
If nothing else, Innoventions is a decent enough place to get in out of the heat in the middle of a summer day.

And actually, I rather liked Captain EO. Which is to say, it's just about the only thing Michael Jackson ever did that I found appealing.

itig
02-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Great place to bring back the Country Bears!

This would be my vote...but how would they move the building over to Critter Country :p

sierranevada
02-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Okay - I have to say that I don't mind Innoventions but then again, I have a 9 yr old boy who views it as one big video game!!! I really like creating my own fireworks and always send an email to my husband from there! It is not the best attraction in the park but always good for 20 - 30 minutes a trip.

dingdong2U
02-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the fastest spinning building in Tomorrowland!!! Wait a minute, it's the only spinning building in Tomorrowland... ;-)

--- Mike

sierranevada
02-14-2005, 11:38 AM
Welcome to the fastest spinning building in Tomorrowland!!! Wait a minute, it's the only spinning building in Tomorrowland... ;-)

--- Mike

LOL!! :p

hbquikcomjamesl
02-14-2005, 12:09 PM
You know, what *could* be done is that the lower level *could* be returned to its original function as the CoP, with the best Innoventions exhibits in the upper level.

DisneylandForever
02-14-2005, 12:17 PM
How long are they going to keep it going? It has to be the worst thing, aside from Captain EO.

Hey! I loved Captain EO!

Even if you hate Michael Jackson, you can't put EO in the same abysmal category as Crap-o-ventions! :p

Stupid_American
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed the Segway.

jetkitten
02-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Eo was the best. I was and am a BLACK micheal fan.

mbrady
02-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Do they still have the Segway rides upstairs?

AmandasDad
02-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Bring back America Sings!

Veezer
02-14-2005, 01:27 PM
Captain EO was good imo. As kid, I loved seeing Captain EO.

CrazyTrain
02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
Yes, they still have the Segway rides upstairs :)

yngjedi
02-14-2005, 02:32 PM
i thought the area where you could talk to stitch was awsome.he wasnt in the park at all the 2 days that i went and i really wanted to get my pic taken with him.so being able to talk to him made my day. :D

Family5LovesDisney
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
How long are they going to keep it going? It has to be the worst thing, aside from Captain EO. Any rumors on what will go here and when? I remember Captain EO! YIKES! :eek:

danyoung
02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Glad to see some other EO fans - still one of the best 3D movies ever!!!

sdfilmcritic
02-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Captain EO wasn't that bad. It had music. It had Michael in his pre-facial surgery overkill. It had Francis Ford Coppola.

Family5LovesDisney
02-14-2005, 05:10 PM
Captain EO wasn't that bad. It had music. It had Michael in his pre-facial surgery overkill. It had Francis Ford Coppola. I remember seeing it back when I was in High School. I thought it was pretty cool back then! :eek:

ToursbabeC3po
02-14-2005, 06:18 PM
I love Captain EO and miss it. It was my first attraction I was trained at. Can you buy Captain EO on DVD? I love the dance moves LOL. As for Innoventions, I am not a big fan of it but my kids sure are! They love it! That is all that matters to me is that they are having fun :-)
((((((((((hugs))))))))))
Toursbabe