PDA

View Full Version : Looks like soft openings of Buzz start March 7th

Darkbeer
02-13-2005, 07:20 PM
From a post over at Laughing Place...

http://www.laughingplace.com/default.asp?WCI=MsgBoard&WCE=T-58273-P-1&Refresh=0213200720&C=1

Time to start kissing up to your favorite Cast Members. Anyone want to buy me a Monte Cristo? This from the Cast Portal.

Experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Date: 02/11/2005

Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Intergalactic hero Buzz Lightyear embarks on a mission to save the universe, as a member of the Space Ranger Corps, Universe Protection Unit, it's up to you to battle the evil Emperor Zurg on an action-packed journey to "infinity and beyond!" Take command of your Star Cruiser and navigate through tricky twists and turns while firing away at colorful targets. Blast enough targets and you'll make top junior Space Ranger and maybe even save the universe!

Tickets will be available at all TEAM Centers beginning Wednesday, February 16 and will be issued based on dependency listings, while supplies last.

Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters is inspired by the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of A Pixar Animation Studios Film, "Toy Story 2."

"Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters."

Sounds like soft openings to me.

Sounds like there is a good chance to check it out if you show up on those dates.....

nursemelis374
02-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Cool! I am so excited for this to open!

DLRCM
02-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Wait... So there isnt a cast memeber preview date for only cms and families? We experience this the same time regular guests do?

Darkbeer
02-13-2005, 08:03 PM
Wait... So there isnt a cast memeber preview date for only cms and families? We experience this the same time regular guests do?

How do you read this sentence from the Cast Portal?

"Cast Members and their families are invited to join Disneyland Resort Guests on March 7 - 10, to experience Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters."

Remember the previews and soft openings are to test the loading procedures, and to check hourly capacity, plus train CM's.

An educated guess, the CM tickets will work as FASTPASSes, and the regular park guests will get to use the Stand By line. This way they can see how the queues are working, and figure out traffic flows, etc....

DLRCM
02-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Ok.. Thanks for the clarification. As a fairly new CM, I always thought CM previews were before any of the public got to view them... Was a bit unclear with the whole process... (It would have been just another great perk of the job!)....

Tinker Bell
02-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know what the Height requirement will be on it?

AVP
02-13-2005, 09:25 PM
Cool - that's about a week earlier than I had heard.

AVP

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2005, 09:32 PM
So does this mean we won't be able to ride it on our trip March 14-18?

SoCalDude
02-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Ok.. Thanks for the clarification. As a fairly new CM, I always thought CM previews were before any of the public got to view them... Was a bit unclear with the whole process... (It would have been just another great perk of the job!)....

Well, keep in mind he is gueesing. They also did a AP preview for ToT, so my guess/hope is they either combine the CM and AP preview or do the CMs first, APs second and gen public last.

either way - as long as it opens its allllllllll good :cool:

bradk
02-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know what the Height requirement will be on it?

I think it's safe to assume there won't be one since there isn't one at the attraction at WDW, nor is there one on Roger Rabbit, which is the same sort of set up.

Darkbeer
02-14-2005, 01:07 AM
Actaully, the vehicle being used is basically the Haunted Mansion Omnimover... and there isn't a height requirement for that attraction....

Family5LovesDisney
02-14-2005, 04:46 AM
So does this mean we won't be able to ride it on our trip March 14-18? Yes, we want to ride it with you since we will be there at the same time! :) This is one of our favorite rides from WDW.

Rae
02-14-2005, 10:55 AM
I am excited, my kids love buzz and we will be there !!!

AlanaP
02-14-2005, 02:55 PM
first they added fireworks..NOW theres a possibility of riding the NEW RIDE when we go for my daughters birthday! ( she LOVES LOVES the Buzz ride at WDW!!)YAHOOOOOO.. I was already excited..but now the 30 day wait might kill me!!!

Jeremiah
02-24-2005, 10:28 AM
For the new CM sometimes there are special CM previews. It really depends on what is going on around that time. With the Cast Blast being just the week before in DCA it would be a bit difficult to have 2 cast parties so close to each other. Plus this is a high through put attraction so while it would be great to have it only open to CM's it would not really put it through its paces with such a small crowd.

J

kbanmen
02-24-2005, 10:37 AM
we are going to the CM preview on the 10th....i hope the CM's can use the fast pass lanes

BQ2
02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
My son & I will be @ DLR March 8 & 9. I'll post here if we are lucky enough to do any Astro Blasting. :)