PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Feb 9-12

Pages : [1] 2

Earkid
02-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Day 1 Wed.

Hello Padders!! Well I am finally out of my Disneyland Fudge induced coma and ready to share my trip with ya'll. We did meet up w/ Surfingstitch and TrekkieDad on Day 4 so stay tuned for those details.

We left Phoenix about 8:30 am on Wed and the drive over to DL was great-no traffic. The air was so clear, no smog/dust haze anywhere so the texture of the mountains and landscape was so vivid. After many trips, it's the first time we have driven down into Palm Springs and Riverside being able to see all the mountains and snow. We were buzzed by fighter jets several times and saw a few dual roter helicopters and that was pretty cool since they were flying so close.

We stopped at the Disney Character Warehouse before heading to the HOJO. We bought T-shirts and some Haunted Mansion-NBC photo magnets. They had some great thick fleece jackets that were orig. $60 for $24.99. I was going to get one but then DH pointed out how little I wear jackets in PHX so instead I grabbed a $9.99 POTC T-shirt. One thing I have noticed in my few trips to the Warehouse is that the sizes tend to be limited. Most everything I wanted was only available in L, XL, or XXL. I usually wear a Med and sometimes the L size was OK but several times I had to "just let go". We got some great stuff tho.

We checked into the HOJO at about 4 CA time. I asked about a king size bed facing the pool or park since I am a lite sleeper and didn't want the fwy view. They put us in a king room in Bldg 2 on the 4th floor with a pool/semi-park view. The fwy sound is loud in the hall but not in the room esp w/ the heater/fan on. I like Bldg 2 because rooms are only on one side of the hall so we only had one room close to us since the hallway makes a sharp turn. This room placement resulted in hearing fewer door slams. The room was large w/ a great view but no sink on the outside of the bathroom like Bldg 1 had when we stayed there in Dec. Not a problem for us, just FYI for ya'll.

We headed over to DL for a few hours till the park closed at 8. After going thru security we ran to find the area where our 50th Anniversary brick would be. While the Soarin' music played in the back ground we found the spot front and center, can't wait till it's placed. There was no line to get into DL but we needed to go to DTD first so we headed over to WOD and jogged thru the store to quickly see if there were any new clothing items that we liked. Then we went to Sephora for some desperately needed Shea Butter hand cream. As we were passing Club Libby Lu, outside the store some employees were leading a group of ....um... 6(?) year olds in a provocative song & dance. I didn't say anything but DH commented "you've gotta be kidding me" as the kids were being taught how to move their hips and shimmy. Moving on...

We caught the monorail from DTD into TL and headed over to Redd Rocket's for our traditional first meal of the chicken fusilli pasta. I still don't remember the real name of the dish, something about planets or orbiting or something like that. :D I just know that it is really good and the CM added an extra ladle of cream sauce per our request. I also got a very crispy rice crispy treat moon. Then it was off to see what we could ride before closing at 8. Walked right onto POTC. I love that ride as our first ride because it fills me with that DIsney feeling. We made BB reservations and it was neat to be in their computer and they were able to pull up my name. THe CM smiled and said "Welcome Back". It's good to be home.

Next was the HM. The poor stretching room really needs some TLC, the wall paper is in bad shape. Loved the portrait gallery, glad to see it back to using the lightning effect. Everything inside the ride looks pretty good especially the Madame Leota Crystal ball, how cool is that? I finally saw the black spider and web painted over the gun shot hole on the large dividing glass in the party/dancing scene. In the attic I like the harpsicord playing ghost and the bride glows eerily, loved it, really spooky looking. The scary trees in the graveyard scene look really vivid and all the ghosts look like they have been notched up a bit, they are glowing more. I agree with whoever said the last scrim was lit too brightly, not sure why they have that bright lite shining right on it. And the exit belt WAS moving. Even DH noticed that.

Indy was next, with no line. The ride was really bouncy, it was great. I was disappointed that the fire tornado wasn't working but everything else was great. I noticed that at the beginning of the ride, if you turn around to watch the doors close behind you (in other words, don't look in to the eyes of Mara) you can see the walls moving setting up for the next jeep to go thru a "different" door.

DH's back was getting stiff from the drive down to we left the park at about 7:30. We stopped by City Hall on our way out and picked up a pressed coin guide. I spent about an hour or so that night going thru our pressed coins marking on the guide which coins we already have.

rentayenta
02-13-2005, 12:05 PM
And and and.......

So, what you would say the best building is at HoJo? Never having been there, it's hard to imagine it.

Isn't Palm Springs just beautiful? I used to go to Plam Springs with my folks all of the time.

disney jones
02-13-2005, 12:15 PM
great start - you must have had a long leisurely drive over - did you stop for lunch somewhere?

isn't the desert green? the wild flowers will be awesome this year!

SCUBAbe
02-13-2005, 12:17 PM
And and and.......

So, what you would say the best building is at HoJo? Never having been there, it's hard to imagine it.

Isn't Palm Springs just beautiful? I used to go to Plam Springs with my folks all of the time.

I don't kow what building we were in, but we could see the pool through the trees and we also could watch the DL fireworks from the balcony. It was a quiet room also with internet. There was a sign on the door that said what type of room it was...something about office or internet... :confused:

Earkid
02-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Day 2 Thurs.

The park opened at 10 today so we were able to sleep in. A lot of the details of this day are a big blur. It's not about what rides did we go on and when, but rather how many times did we ride each ride cuz I swear we did every single (open) ride in the park and many rides we did 4 or 5 times. We even did IASW, much to DH"s dismay. "One time won't kill you" I cajoled him. But then it took us over 15 min. just to EXIT the ride. That's the one problem with going on a slow day, they don't run the rides at capacity. Most of the time they were only loading one boat or jeep or whatever at a time when they could have been loading more. Occasionally we would have a significant wait time just for that reason. I can hear you all saying "Oh poor baby, she had a significant wait time on a few rides" :p :D , so to avoid getting flamed we head on back to the beginning of the day.

We headed to the park at about 9:30 and (geek moment) once again stood on the spot where our brick will be placed. There were no lines to get in and we happily strolled up main street to the Carnation Cafe. We hadn't made PS ressies so we weren't sure if we would be eating there. We walked right up and were seated instantly, and the place was only about 1/3 full. We got our favorite waiter, Randy, again. DH and I were having a discussion as to whether he was going to get the refillable coffee mug when Randy came to take our orders. He wasn't sure about the refillable deal so we went ahead and ordered, Mickey Mouse Waffle for me and DH got the Eggs Benedict Croissant. Randy came back and said he had asked about the refillable thing and was told that they don't do that anymore. He was told that people were really abusing it so they stopped doing it. I chuckled and said "Well, when you say the word FREE in Disneyland people will go a little crazy". He laughed and brought DH a free cup of coffee. The food was fantastic and DH was really impressed by the hollendaise sauce, kind of tangy. I did my ritual of putting the butter in Mickey's ears, eyes and mouth and then filling him up with syrup. So good. We heard them do the rope drop while we were sitting there. We had a great chat with Oscar and I took a pic with him. Such a nice man and so proud to say he has been at DL for 49 years. We got to chat with him for quite a while since it was so slow. What a nice way to begin the day, very relaxed.

We then went across the street to get a locker and took a pic of the gold lampost. I actually had DH take a pic while I went back accross the street to the restroom. He groaned and said "Why is this lampost so special again"? Sometimes it is so fun to have a non-DL geek with you. We walked up Main Street just wanting to take it all in when I noticed the castle. There was something different about it. I don't know if anyone else posted pics of this but their are now ornate gold "railings" on the castle above the drawbridge and to the right and left of it. I got so excited when I saw it and as we got closer I noticed a beautiful gold "D" molded right into the middle of the railing directly above the center of the drawbridge. :D I have pics that I can hopefully post today or tomorrow. We went to Fantasyland first to ride PeterPan, one of my favs. This ride, of course, had a line, but not bad. While in line I was chatting with the young mother in front of us. I looked down to see the bare butt of her little 3 yr old boy. The front side of him was aiming toward the flower bed in the middle of the queue. What a riot!! She pulled his pants up and ran him to the restrooms and joined us in line again a little later. SHe had the cutest family. Her little girl was about 6 months old and looked like a little Tinkerbell. Very well behaved and her little tongue was sticking out most of the time, too funny.

We went on all the rides in Fantasyland and then headed over to the Matterhorn. We thought the line was going to be long because it looked like they were just loading the FL side. But when we got up there we realized that they were having everyone line up on the FL side but then when you got to the split you could choose TL or FL. We did the TL side and the bobsleds are in fine form and running great. We then did our marathon of a trip on IASW and then back to the Matterhorn again where we rode the FL side.

Then it was over to BTMRR where I versed DH on the goat trick. He tried it and shrugged and I told him he must have done it wrong. It makes me queasy so I wasn't about to demonstrate. Then we headed over to NOS and rode everything there again, rode Indy and then grabbed a FP for the ride for later. We then went over to Critter Country to get some pressed pennies. We looked around in the Briar Patch (? hat shop) when a man walked up to us and asked us if we had lost some money. I usually keep my bills in my back pocket by themselves but I had apparently put my pressed penny guide in that posket and had pulled it out right before heading into Critter Country. His 4 yo son had seen the wad of money fall out of my pocket and took it to his dad. They found us easily cuz the place was a ghost town. I was able to tell him how much money I had he happily gave it back to us, and it was about $50. We thanked his shy son and gave him a dollar for being so honest. The CM in the store also gave him a free set of mouse ears!! :D We then rode the Pooh Ride (like I said, we did most everything). We rode in the first seat of the car since DH needs a lot of knee room, he just doesn't fit into the other seats. I think we looked pretty ridiculous but not many people were there to laugh. :D

Then it was back to the Blue Bayou for a late lunch. We didn't request a waterside table since we have always been seated by the water without asking and we thought we would let someone else have the pleasure. We were seated within 5 min somewhere in the middle of the restaurant. We ordered a Monte Cristo to share and then DH also ordered the Chowder and salad. He is a big fan of the dressing so the waitress brought him a card with the recipe on it. THe Monte Cristo was great, I love the berry dipping sauce.

Then it was time for more rides, but it's all a blur. I know we rode the HM over and over. I remember going on the Storybook Land Boats at night. The CM seemed in a bad mood. The final two people were loading into the boat and the CM singles out me telling me not to face my knees forward but toward the center of the boat and to move as far as I could toward the front. We were the last people at the back of the boat opposite of the loading area and she was asking me to move forward. It was awkward since I was now so close to the guy in front of me that his elbow was hitting me in the boob. I couldn't move my knees toward the middle or I would hit knees with the large man sitting across from me. Not sure why I had to squish the man in front of me since I would have rather moved in the other direction and squished DH, which I did as we casted off. The CM gave me a dirty look as I moved back to where I was but it just didn't make sense what she was asking me to do and I was uncomfortable. Oh well, she continued with her dry spiel and I just enjoyed the view since I had never ridden the boats at nite.

One of the last things we did was to ride the Matterhorn. Gotta do it at night, it's the best at night. We got in line and the girl (probably 30 yrs old) in front of us was trying to convince her sister and her family that they should go on with her but they said the line was too long. I laughed out loud and they looked at me strange. I said that this line along with the ride would take, maybe, 10 minutes. So the sister got in line too. We ended up chatting and they were a lot of fun. I told them how I was bad luck and how we always get in to the line that moves the slowest or just before the ride breaks down. We all rode together on the TL side and as we were waiting to head into the tunnel a warning light and buzzer goes off. Off trots the CM into the tunnel and the sisters were laughing at me and yelling "She broke the ride"!! It then begins to rain too. We were sitting there for just a few minutes when the CM came out of the tunnel and we were on our way. It was fun riding in the rain especially since we knew we were headed to the hotel soon. We had a great time. I also asked a Matterhorn CM where the music went? He said that they had to turn the music down so the focus would be on the safety spiel (permanecer sentados por favor)!! That's why you cant run all the way thru the Indy ride anymore. Everyone has to be shown Salah's safety spiel.

We then headed to the Premiere pin shop and bought a few. I asked the CM when they were moving out to make way for the Buzz ride and she said Sat. was their last day at that location. We then headed to Main Street and bought some fudge and chocolate pretzels. Then it was back to the room only mildly wet.

Earkid
02-13-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks Yenta. I'm desperately trying to remember all the little details of my day through my fudge fog.

Hi Jonsey, We actually made good time but we spent a lot of time at the character warehouse and then stopped to get a very late lunch before checking in. DH just told me we checked in at 2 CA time. I thought the fudge fog was clearing but I guess not. You are right, the desert doesn't even look like a desert, so green with big patches of purple, yellow and orange wildflowers. It was a great drive.

Stay tuned and I'll work on day 3.

rentayenta
02-13-2005, 01:43 PM
I am LMAO at the thought of the little boy trying to pee while waiting in line :D

I love that the CM gave the honest child a pair of ears!!!!

Your report is fantastic and I am enjoying the details.

Earkid
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
Day 3 Friday.............

Otherwise known as The Day of Rain of Biblical Proportions.

We had done so much the day before that the rain didn't dampen our spirits one bit. Since the park was going to be open late we slept in later this morning. We left for the park about 11:00 and decided to drive and park in the structure since I have a PAP. The structure was virtually empty but, just our luck, we were put about 5 spaces from the end of a row. :D I was just wearing a shirt and a new Tinkerbell zip up sweatshirt that I purchased on Thursday. It really wasn't cold, just a little uncomfortable. We actually stayed dry on the tram trip but by the time we got into the park my sweatshirt was getting pretty wet so I got a poncho and we headed out. We stopped into the Market House to hear the Dapper Dan's who were great as always but they tend to sound better with a larger crowd to play to. There were only about 6 of us in the store and most would leave after a song was finished.

We decided to see how Fantasyland was doing since I am addicted to the PeterPan ride. The line was longer than I expected but not bad at all. We then headed over to BTMRR and on the way we saw a choir singing on that stage (can't remember the proper name). The girls were in sleeveless black dresses and looked very cold and wet. Poor things. They sounded good though. The entire weekend they were announcing various marching bands and choirs playing in the park.

The only time it stopped raining during the day was when we got in line for BTMRR. It didn't rain during the ride and only began raining as we were walking thru the exit. We then rode all the regulars, HM, POTC, Indy (with the fire tornado working now thank you very much). Then it was off to DCA.

We once again walked over the spot where our brick will be in the esplanade. No line to get into DCA and we walked right on to Soarin', except that we got put in the 3rd row, AGAIN. We have never ridden on the top row, mostly we get placed on the 3rd row but were on the 2nd row once. So the CM let us wait to ride on the top row. I didn't think it was much better actually since the seats to the right jutted farther out than than our seats so that was all I saw to my right. Also when we were flying up I could see the top of the screen where it was black. I actually liked row 2 better. JMHO

We were hungry by now so we went into the GCH to check out Whitewater Snacks. If it is raining, that is the place to eat, warm and inside. However, I had my heart set on the Broccoli Cheese soup so we went to the Pacific Wharf Cafe. We were pleasantly surprised that there was enough covered seating for us, but also, there were heaters above us and it was nice and toasty. It was a pleasant lunch eating great warm soup a cream puff next to the pouring rain but feeling warm and toasty.

Next we headed down to the Animation Bldg and saw the movie about Walt Disney's life. And yes, Yenta, I teared up. The only thing that kept me grounded was the fact that Eisner was narrating. That would kinda jolt me back to reality every so often. The place was packed and we saw Pluto, Goofy, Jasmine, Aurora, Sorcerer Mickey, Hercules and a couple others I can't remember. After that we went to the TOT, DH rode I didn't. I like the ride but I have to be in the mood to ride it. I shopped in the gift shop and picked out some new antenna balls, Shamrock, bunny, and the new TOT bell hop ball. Pretty cute!!

We were getting ready to go back to the room to take a rest and get into some dry clothes when I realized we hadn't done any pressed coins in DCA so we walked around for another hour collecting our favorites from around the park. So by now we are thoroughly drenched and headed back to the room. I couldn't resist getting a waffle cone though, I figured I couldn't get any colder. :D

We took a nap and changed clothes and headed back to the park at about 7:30. We drove again since the rain had only gotten heavier. We were directed to the bottom level of the structure, Chip and Dale section and parked right near the front. This time we brought DH's golf umbrella and he held it open in front of us as a windbreak on the tram. Their were mayby 8 people on the entire tram and the CM was really hilarious. He said things like "I'm assuming everyone on this tram is an AP so I won't subject you to the spiel. If your not an AP why the heck are you subjecting yourself to this weather? The tram will run till 2am but I only work till 10:15 although I may still be here since I have no life". He was a hoot!!

Disneyland was a big lake by this time even tho the CM's were furiously trying to squeegy the water in to the drains. We gave up trying to avoid the puddles and just sloshed along. We went to Indy and the line was slower than I would have expected. They were only loading one jeep at a time and it was on the far side. That means that we all had to walk extra far to exit. And considering all the floors were wet that gave us more of an opportunity to slip and break something. We emerged unbroken (darn it) so that means we will have to pay to renew our AP's next year. ;) Bengal BBQ was open so we picked up a snack of Bacon Asparagus and chicken, yummy. We ate it in the Riverbell Terrace.

We then went on POTC and got seated behind THE loudest teenagers I have ever heard. I swear they all must have had a hearing impairment and couldn't hear each other in normal tones. They talked about being the cheer captain and who should and shouldn't be on the team, and look at the art I created on my blackberry (a model I can't even afford) and blah blah blah. It was then that DH and I realized the audio on the ride was considerably louder. We were hearing parts of the audio we had never heard before. We figured they juiced the sound up on the weekends due to loud teens in the boats. We comiserated with the other riders while going out the exit. I made sure I spoke as loud so the teens would hear me, ya know, being hearing impaired and all.

Then it was off to the HM, 3 times, no waiting. We were beginning to lose some steam, the rain really takes it out of you. It was about 9:30 and I wanted to go on PeterPan one more time so it was off to Fantasyland. We ended up spending an hour there going on all of the dark rides over and over and over. The only ride we had to get off and get back in line for was PeterPan, but the line was 8 people at most. All the others we were able to go 'round and 'round. It was fun chatting with the CM's also. The CM on Snow White asked us "Have you been to hell yet, it's really warm in there tonight"! Of course she was referring to Mr. Toad's but it was still funny the way she said it. Fantasyland looks different when it is an actual SEA and not just a sea of strollers. :D The paths were so flooded they weren't even trying to squeegy them anymore. We sloshed out of Fantasyland and down Mainstreet. We had so much fun in Fantasyland with the CM's and the few other crazies that were doing the same thing we were. We went back to the room very happy.

Coming up next, the MEET!! And, folks, yes, I wrestled my camera into submission and have two small photo albums that I will link to in my next post so stay tuned.

WHEW!!

kisroo
02-13-2005, 07:34 PM
:tappingfeet:

Well??? Well??? I wanna hear more, Earkid! ;)
It sounds like a great trip so far (even with the torrential downpour you experienced.

Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear about Trekkiedad and Surfingstitch!
~kisroo:)

rentayenta
02-13-2005, 07:59 PM
:tappingfeet:

Well??? Well??? I wanna hear more, Earkid! ;)
It sounds like a great trip so far (even with the torrential downpour you experienced.

Glad you had fun. Can't wait to hear about Trekkiedad and Surfingstitch!

Me too!

I love the Disney movie and you are right, Mr. Eisner was only thing keeping me from bawling my eyes out!

I'm waiting....... ;)

Earkid
02-13-2005, 08:02 PM
Day 4 Saturday - Meeting Day

I will post the pic link first so you can put faces to the names. Please let me know if something isn't working right as I've never posted a photo album before.

Click here for pics of Padders! (http://photobucket.com/albums/v447/Shayne123/Disney%20Meet%2002-05/?action=view&current=CIMG1440.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=3) Hit the RESUME button to begin the slide show.

Check out day is always sad but we had done so much on our trip that we were ready to leave. I'm also a dork and was missing my cats. :crying: Upon checking out I realized that I had been charged the Mousavers rate for the first night only. HOJO's quickly corrected it with no questions asked. I think they are wonderful there.

We headed over to the park about 10:30 and the parking structure was already getting full. We, of course, were parked about 10 cars from the end of the row. That's OK cuz I really needed to walk off all the goodies I have been eating. My feet were kind of hurting because they had been wet most of the day yesterday (yes, I had brought extra socks but never had the chance to change them while in the park). We had to wait for 3 trams and then it was off to the park.

There were long lines to get into the park but we were lucky enough to be walking toward a line where a second entrance had just opened so we had virtually no wait. We decided to do fun Penny Arcade stuff while waiting for noon to arrive. We pressed a bunch more coins and looked at the little flip movies. Then we went into the candy store and looked at all the goodies. We didn't buy anymore because I had already eaten enough junk to last till my next trip (see sig below).

Finally noon came and we headed over to the Red Corn Dog Wagon. But :eek: it was closed!! Looks like I will be leaving DL without having my corn dog. :mad: Oh well, there were people to meet. No one was around since no corn dogs, so it was easy to pick out TrekkieDad and Mom. I instantly felt I had know them for a while and that we were just getting reaquainted. They are such nice and warm people. It is so much fun talking with people who have a similar DL background as my own (going to DL since they were young kids). It was fun talking to them about WDW also since I have never visited there. Surfingstitch and his gf showed up only about 5 minutes later. They seemed really shy but I know they were tired from their plane trip in from WA that morning. I felt honored that they even showed up since they hadn't even checked into their hotel room since it wasn't ready yet. They are both so cute and seem really sweet. We all chatted about our trips in and about my trip that was just ending. We talked about 10-15 min and then said goodbye to Stitch and his gf since they wanted to go see if they could check in yet.

The four of us were discussing what to do next as there were no corn dogs to eat. We decided to go to Redd Rocket's for some pasta. We got the Chicken Fusilli, of course, and TrekkieDad got the Tomato Basil and said it was pretty good. We figured it was good cuz he cleaned his plate!! TrekkieMom got a pizza salad, but you'll have to ask her what was in it. We had a great time chatting about our favorite rides, Tomorrowland reconstruction, and an overseas trip that the Trekkie's have planned. All too soon it was time to go since DH and I needed to get on the road and back home. As we parted ways, the Trekkie's were getting onto StarTours. I was really impressed that they could go onto that ride right after lunch since I can't even do it on an empty stomach. They are definately fun people who seem to enjoy life to the fullest. It was really a pleasure meeting both Surfingstitch, his gf and the Trekkie's and it put a nice little cherry on the top of our trip. :D

Here are some pics of the gold railing on the castle and a few other DL things.

Click here to see other pics from DL trip. (http://photobucket.com/albums/v447/Shayne123/Disney%20Trip%2002-05/?action=view&current=CIMG1416.jpg&slideshow=paused&interval=3) Hit the RESUME button to begin the slide show.

disney jones
02-14-2005, 02:16 AM
nice report and pictures - just confirms that all MousePlanet people are as great and beautiful in person as they are on the net. :)

the gold railing decorations on the castle were not there the previous week, and your report on the crowd situation matched the experiences from the previous week - a February weekday is a great time to go. But a weekend in February when no APs are blocked out and the weather is good? its just like a summer crowd!

With your rainy Friday, it could have been worse: you could have been home in AZ where it rained all day here as well.

Hakuna Makarla
02-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Now thats what I call a trip report!!! Like Yenta's it was factual, fun and oh man I love the pictures!! you are all good looking people ( I would not care if you wern't as I like you all any way :) ) I really enjoyed this trip report and the added pic;s were the icing on the cake!! Thank you earkid for a wonderful trip in my mind. Have a blessed day!!!

Shortiemetoo
02-14-2005, 06:32 AM
Wow!! Thank you for the awesome trip report!! The pictures were wonderful and the detail was astounding!!! I love the "D" in the middle of the railing and you caught it perfectly! Its fun to put pictures with people! Thank you for the great report! Also I've never gotten to meet Oscar so seeing his pic was a real treat!!

disneyhound
02-14-2005, 07:14 AM
Thanks for the Great Trip Report!

Love your narration and pictures. It has only been a couple weeks since we were at DL. I want to go back...

rentayenta
02-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the awesome pics and report! I love seeing what fellow MPrs look like. You and Mr. Earkid are a great looking couple.

TrekkieDad looks like I thought he would....a stud ;)

It is so nice to see Stitch finally. I am going to adopt him. He is such a nice guy and I want to pinch his face!

Disneygirl65
02-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Great trip report! Enjoyed it very much.

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-14-2005, 11:32 AM
Thank you for sharing your trip report and pictures....love those railings too...CAN'T WAIT...4 MORE WEEKS and we'll be there!!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Oh yeah...thanks too for the info on the Disney Character Warehouse. We are thinking of checking it out on this trip.

kisroo
02-14-2005, 05:00 PM
Wow Earkid!
Sounds like a great time. I agree with Renta~thanks for sharing the pictures! I love getting to see the great time everyone is having meeting fellow Padders.

Bummer about the corndog, though. They are worth the "points".

Earkid
02-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Bummer about the corndog, though. They are worth the "points".

........um, about those points.............can I borrow some? :D

rentayenta
02-14-2005, 05:43 PM
........um, about those points.............can I borrow some? :D

I bet those corndogs are a full days worth of points!

CrazyTrain
02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Sounds like such a great trip! Glad you survived the massive rains! :D And those pictures are just goregeous! Esp. all you MPers! Next time! :D

SANDYMARIE
02-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Earkid.........
Where Is The Disney Character Warehouse?
Never Heard Of It!!

Earkid
02-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Earkid.........
Where Is The Disney Character Warehouse?
Never Heard Of It!!

Hi SandyMarie,

The Warehouse is on Orangethorpe just north of the 91 fwy. From Disneyland you can take Harbor Blvd north several miles to Orangethorpe and turn right. It will be on your right. The street that runs beside it is Lemon (I think), and there is a Sonic just to the west of it on Lemon.

They have really great prices. My DH was going to get a patriotic golf shirt at WOD last year but decided not to since it was $52. We saw it at the Warehouse for $19.99. They also have a lot of cute kid stuff, and bins of trinkets.

Definately worth a look if you are in the area. :D

Click Here for a previous post that includes a link for a discount coupon.