PDA

View Full Version : Disney RailRoad roundtrip non stop

Noah
02-11-2005, 04:15 PM
Hello,
I preformed a few searches on this site and could not find the information, excuse me if this has been discussed before.

In the old days there used to be two train services, the non-stop version which circled the whole park and a version with stops. Is this correct?
Why and when was the non stop version removed, I imagine there used to be two seperate tracks is that why there is a second set of tracks infront of Main Street station?

Thanks so much for your help.
-Noah

hbquikcomjamesl
02-11-2005, 04:40 PM
The dead track in front of the station used to be a passing siding.

Jeremiah
02-11-2005, 09:40 PM
They didn't really have non-stop they just had the two stations and people would load at the diffrent stations. This was depending on what type of train they wanted to ride and the other train would pass on the spir(sp?) track. As far as I know this only lasted a few years and then they made it so all trains stop at all stations. The spir(sp?) track at the Main St. station where the hand car is, is all that remains of this part of the train history. I am sure some of the train buffs can correct me on any mis-info I have stated and please do.

J

tmcgin710395
02-12-2005, 05:42 AM
Thinking back aways, the way I remember riding the trains early on was that the "freight" train stopped at the Frontierland Station and the "passenger" train stopped only at Main Street. The trains ran in different directions, clock wise and counter clock wise; the sidings were at the stations so the trains could pass each other. As time went on this process proved to be more complicated than they thought and they began running all the trains clock wise with each train stopping at the stations. But early on you were able to ride all the way around without stopping. :D I used to have a couple really cool snap shots of the trains passing each other while one was in station, I'll have to see if I can find them!!! (If your not a train buff, Jeremiah, you should be :fez: )

dingdong2U
02-14-2005, 11:21 AM
As memory serves, a few times before the "Magic Mornings" existed you could jump on the train after the main gates opened at 8:30am but before the rope drop at the end of Main Street at 9:00am and be able to take a non-stop ride around the park. I have no idea when this was but when I took it, it was a long long time ago.

I miss the times when you could sit up front with the conductor and be able to take a trip around the park and see the machinery up close.

--- Mike

Jeremiah
02-14-2005, 02:51 PM
(If your not a train buff, Jeremiah, you should be :fez: )

Thanks but with pins, comics, DL, WDW, DLP, and TDL I am better at keeping it open and not working on one thing.

Did you know at TDL there train only goes around Westernland, with parts of the track running through Adventureland and Critter Country it is the Western River Railroad. If they had to go around the entire park it would have to be controled by the City/State/Country(some odd regulation).

J

danyoung
02-14-2005, 03:51 PM
...and the other train would pass on the spir(sp?) track.J

Spur.