PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn

Bigiver
02-11-2005, 11:19 AM
We are planning on staying at the Candy Cane Inn during our stay late March. If anyone has been there recently I would like to here how your stay was. Can you see the nightly fireworks from on the Inn property?

my2princesses
02-11-2005, 12:08 PM
We LOVE the candy cane inn!!!! We were sold on our first visit and ever since we have stayed there.(For the past 3 years.) The staff is very friendly. The rooms are great! They have Featherdown comforters and big fluffy oversized pillows as well as regular size pillows. They have white shutters instead of regular ugly curtains. Very well decorated rooms. I can't say how much we love it there. Their free breakfast is great and the eating area is right next to the pool. Very pretty view. If you would like to know more opinions on this Hotel check laughingplace.com under trip planning disscusion boards their is a whole thread about this hotel called" What do you like about the Candy Cane Inn?"
As for the fireworks we did find a little spot where you could see some of them, but as for a full view you might be able to watch more of it from the top floor. On our visits we usually walk around the corner a little ways to the Disney ground parking. The parking attendants always let us watch it from there. You can see it all from there.
If you plan on going back to your room during the day before 3 pm I would let them know so your room is already cleaned. We usually don't have a problem with this but on our last visit we went back to the room about 1:30pm and housekeeping hadn't made it by yet. We were in the front corner room and that seems to be one of the last ones they do. But we always stay in this room and this was the only time this had happened. But by all means I'm not complaining at all. We absolutly LOVE this hotel!!!!

Have Fun!

kisroo
02-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Check out the reviews page on Mouseplanet.

We were there in June and loved it. Again. We've stayed there several times over the years. Only straying several times. Once to stay at the GCH. Once to stay at a free hotel. Once to try out the Hojo. We liked the Hojo for it's big rooms, wonderful staff, and the view of disney (fireworks and all!). But, we heart the Candy Cane Inn! ;)

We've never been able to see the fireworks.

But you can count on wonderful breakfasts, lovely decor, comfy...comfy...comfy beds and a peaceful "am I really staying on Harbor?" feel.

Have fun!

quincytoo
02-11-2005, 06:25 PM
we have also always stayed at the CCI..and love it. The walk is very very close, the shuttle is free and the drivers very nice. The rooms are of so clean and comfy. The breakfast has always been more then enough to get my DH and DS's going onto lunch :)

You can not go wrong at CCI :)

Darkbeer
02-11-2005, 06:47 PM
One of my favorite places to watch the fireworks is the Jacuzzi at HoJo's... just sit facing north west, and enjoy the show.....

HoJo's also has some rooms with balconies that give a great view of the fireworks... after the reservation, you can contact them and let them know that a fireworks view is important to you, or just go sit in the Jacuzzi.....

Here is a link to the MousePlanet hotel reviews (Walking distance on Harbor Drive)...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/find.cgi?product-category=Disneyland%20Resort%20%2F%20Hotels%20%2F% 20Walking%20distance%20hotels%20east%20of%20the%20 park%2C%20near%20the%20main%20gate

You can see HoJo's is number 1, and Candy Cane is right behind at number 2.. both are good choices....

DisneylandForever
02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
Another thumbs up on the Candy Cane here.

I always watch the fireworks from the Park, so I'm not sure about the view from the Candy Cane. But it is a very nice hotel with comfortable rooms. Close to 7/11, too! :D

SuefromRI
02-11-2005, 07:27 PM
We stayed at the Candy Cane on both our trips in August 2002 and 2003.
We loved it! The location is great, the beds are extremly comfortable, the breakfasts are good, and you can walk or ride the shuttle. The first year we were on the 2nd floor and could see the fireworks, but the second year TOT was now too tall and blocked the view. I don't know if you went to the opposite end of the hotel if you could see past the TOT, but you could ask upon check in if that is important to you. Let us know on your return how you enjoyed your stay, and if you could see the fireworks. Have fun!!

SeedB
02-11-2005, 08:50 PM
We've always stayed at the Candy Cane - it's our family's number one choice. It is a great place and very close to the park - a very short walk up Harbor Blvd. Even with this, they still hold on to their own shuttle to and from the park - one of the last hotels to do this.

The proximity to 7-Eleven and several other low cost food outlets make the in-room refrigerators very usable for light snacks and beverages.

As with others, we were never able to see the fireworks from here, but we could hear them. The most prominant site is the big "scream tunnel" from California Screamin' in DCA.

Think of the Candy Cane as a nice little island of peace in an otherwise crazy layout of hotels and traffic. They'll even give you directions to the nearest Krispy Kream!

Hope you enjoy it!!

AB29
02-12-2005, 12:42 AM
Just remember....no fireworks until May 5.....only Fantasmic on weekends

Darkbeer
02-12-2005, 12:48 AM
Fireworks will be offered from Friday, March 18th thru Sunday April 3rd.....

They are listed at Disneyland.com...

rentayenta
02-12-2005, 08:02 AM
The shutters sound darling.

Does the Candy Cane Inn allow you to make reservations with your credit card and without having to leave a deposit or pay up front?

bubsy
02-12-2005, 08:13 AM
If you book on their site you pay when you check out.

I liked the Candy Cane Inn much better than the Hojo.

I did like the shutters, but they did let in quite a bit light...
we ended up hanging a blanket over them.

Christiii
02-12-2005, 08:23 AM
We stayed at the Candy Cane once..the rooms were REALLY cute...loved he shutters!! I was just really shocked at how small the rooms were...we had two queen (or twin, I cant remember) beds...and there was almost no room between the foot of the beds and the tv cabinet...I mean really really small...Ive never stayed in a hotel room that small before. They have upgraded suites, but they said that they are only a tiny bit bigger. Im suprised no one is mentioning the size of the rooms since Im not even that picky!!
The rooms are really cute tho...and the breakfast is great!! Also they have thier OWN shuttle (at least they used to) which makes a world of difference in my opinion..thopse transit shuttles are the worst..you wait forever and then have to drive around to all the other hotels, so the private shuttle is wondeful!!
I still stay true to my beloved Hojo tho...My rate at the Hojo is much less than the Candy Cane, and I like it much better :D

SuefromRI
02-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Does the Candy Cane Inn allow you to make reservations with your credit card and without having to leave a deposit or pay up front?

I checked back for my receipt and we payed the whole bill at checkout, just gave a credit card # to the 800# reservationist to hold it. I called to confirm dates and AAA discount, no smoking, 2 queen beds requests rather than do it online, so I could have a live verification. Then they mailed me the reservation spelled out with directions, etc.

my2princesses
02-14-2005, 11:43 AM
As far as the size of the rooms go, we have never felt like our room was too small. We actually had plenty of room in the standard room with two queen beds. Although we have never stayed in a room with the twin beds.

Tinkerbell08
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
My family is also staying at the Candy Cane Inn in Late March, and from what I have heard from my Disney Crazed Dad it is a great hotel to stay at. Hope you have a great time staying there.

Leash81
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I think this is the best off-site hotel there is. We just stayed there this weekend 12-13 and it was great as usual. We had actually been booked at another hotel but I really wanted to stay at the Candy Cane. I called 2 days before we went just to see what they had and I was able to get a room for less than their website showed. I didn't tell my bf that I had changed so it was a nice valentine's surprise for him.
It was just so nice to be able to walk into the room and know that everything was going to be nice and clean. When you book online or call they just need a credit card to hold the room and then you pay when you check out. They do not require a deposit.
THe rooms are a good size and the vanity is seperate from the toilet and shower whichs helps when you are tryin to get ready. My mom, dad, bf and I are all sharing a premium room in July 7-12 for the 50th and I don't anticipate any problems. We actually decided to stay there rather than the DLH because it will cost less and the room at CCI will probably be more upscale than a standard room at DLH.
Like a few other people mentioned I have always watch the fireworks in the park so I don't know good viewing spots but your best bet would probably be upstairs facing the parks. :D

Tinkerbell08
02-20-2005, 06:41 PM
only 31 more days till we are going to be in the Candy cane inn. How long till you are going to be there. Maybe we will see each other there

Dream Again
02-22-2005, 11:51 PM
My mom and I and my uncle and his family stayed there in July_ We all like it pretty well_ I couldnt see the fireworks really well from the rooms_ The staff were all pretty nice and they have a nice gift shop and very close to a lot of corner stores_