PDA

View Full Version : How are the crowds during Easter week?

Bigiver
02-11-2005, 06:58 AM
They only chanch that our family can get to Disneyland this year is during Easter week? I am assuming it is going to busy? How busy? We have been to DW many time but have never been to DL or DCA. If it is crazy buzy what should I not miss? Any hints? I know this may be nuts but it's my only chanch this year. I've done stupider things... I was at Disney world for the Millennium. How about Easter Day and Monday?

bradk
02-11-2005, 07:07 AM
very busy, for the exact same reason. since kids are out of school, it's a good time to go - for everyone.

should still be manageable, but not ideal. if you can only do it then and you want to do it, then go for it. spend a minimum of 3 days there for both parks.

Bigiver
02-11-2005, 07:53 AM
Thanks BradK. We plan to buy a 5-day hoppers and dip in and out of the parks. Hope to do mornings and nights and bug out during midday. Maybe we will luck out and it will rain a couple of days.

bradk
02-11-2005, 08:00 AM
5 days is plenty. you just might be doing a lot of waiting on line (altho you have the right idea, morning & evenings are better), but you'll have no problem seeing everything you want to see a few times.

another good strategy is to visit DCA during the middle hours. DCA draws in smaller numbers (altho it's geographically smaller and has less attractions, so it looks as crowded).

TP2000
02-11-2005, 12:05 PM
Just like any other vacation destination or entertainment venue, Disneyland is busy when 275 Million Americans have the same holiday off. Easter is a major holiday in America, and the week leading up to Easter, and the week after, are two of the busiest weeks of the year.

SarahJanet
02-12-2005, 05:23 PM
See you there then, Bigiver! That's the only week we can make it too.

And now we have fireworks! That, in my eyes, is worth the hassle of every single lineup. Plus the hours are great - I'm expecting it not to be too busy after 10:00 on the weekdays in the week after Easter. Yeah!

MrsG
02-12-2005, 06:18 PM
We were there last Easter Sunday and the crowds were much lighter than anticipated. It was a good day to go! The days before and after are heavy.

Bigiver
02-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks MrsG, Sunday is one of the days we had picked. Also thought Monday, other days are up for grabs.

SarahJanet I'll see you there. I'll be the big guy wearing the disney hat! Wish we were staying longer the following week, but must get the teacher, and the students back to school.

stinkerbell
02-13-2005, 09:04 AM
We went two years ago, when Easter was the third week in April, as it's the same week as my daughter's birthday. Easter morning, Disneyland was DEAD. We ran from ride to ride....all morning.

The crowds were MUCH lighter than I'd anticipated the entire week, by Tuesday, my daughter's bday, Disneyland was fairly vacant--we were in town for seven days, spent six at Disneyland as we had APs at the time......we were there Easter Sunday through Friday, and the busiest day for us was the Friday after Easter weekend.

I know our schools in Oregon don't get time off around Easter (not even the Monday after) when it's nowhere near Spring Break (which is March 21-25 for us). Many other states are the same way. And California schools have a more staggered spring/Easter break schedule, so it's not as bad as you think it might be. :)

tjaa
03-11-2005, 08:42 PM
Just booked Easter trip today (3/11/05), all DL Resorts had rooms. All others hotels I checked have rooms, prices are raised ($20 increase (to $79) at are regular, this is more than 5/05 & 7/15). Question is "Anything Special for EASTER ?" Egg Hunts, Roger the Rabbit, Mad Hatter, Jesus Arising :cool: (from the Matterhorn)....?