PDA

View Full Version : How's this for an idea - Country Bears ride for DCA

animagusurreal
02-11-2005, 01:06 AM
Note - this is just an idea off the top of my head, not anything that's really planned for DCA :)

I was thinking, Disney loves recycling (see America Sings/Splash Mountain) and moving deleted favorites to DCA (see The Electrical Parade) so how about if the Country Bears took up residence in a new ride somewhere in the Grizzly Peak area? (I have no idea if there's the space for this in that area of the park, this is the "blue sky" phase of the idea :rolleyes: )

Why a ride and not a show? Because I'm a local theatre critic and I see enough shows, but I hardly ever get to go on rides :D

- Brent

bradk
02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
it's a nice thought, altho it won't work because the DCA park is built based on 'reality' and of course the California experience, so 7 foot dancing and singing bears would only work in the backlot area and only if there was some sort of tie-in to hollywood.

animagusurreal
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
it's a nice thought, altho it won't work because the DCA park is built based on 'reality' and of course the California experience, so 7 foot dancing and singing bears would only work in the backlot area and only if there was some sort of tie-in to hollywood

I see what you mean, but I think a little fantasy wouldn't hurt that area ;) . Doesn't neccicarily have to be this, I just thought of it because of the California-bear connection, (and the other stuff I mentioned.)

PsychDoc
02-11-2005, 06:33 PM
I see what you mean, but I think a little fantasy wouldn't hurt that area ;) . Doesn't neccicarily have to be this, I just thought of it because of the California-bear connection, (and the other stuff I mentioned.)

Yeah, because Bug's Land is reality. Isn't it?

kbanmen
02-12-2005, 06:27 AM
actually there is talk around work at DCA about the country bear jamboree coming to DCA (along with the monsters INC ride)...so I think this may be coming back in the very near futre

merlinjones
02-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Ride or show, I think bringing the Country Bears back to DCA is a great idea. :)

bradk
02-12-2005, 10:11 AM
sounds like they should drop the California bit and just make it DA, the Disneyland Annex.

merlinjones
02-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Disney Studios Anaheim - -

- -Put mouse ears on the water tower, change the Hollywood backlot logo to Disney, revamp the DCA entrance Plaza (use the plans from D/MGM) - - and make Paradise Pier into Pinocchio's Pleasure Island - - and its most of the way there.

animagusurreal
02-12-2005, 02:57 PM
actually there is talk around work at DCA about the country bear jamboree coming to DCA (along with the monsters INC ride)...so I think this may be coming back in the very near futre

Wow, I swear, I hadn't heard anything about this until your post! :)

MrTomMorrow
02-12-2005, 04:48 PM
I thought there had been plans in the past (or strong consideration) to add the Country Bear AAs to Grizzly River Run. I mean, they already tied in the Recreation Area a bit to Brother Bear, so I don't think it would be that far-fetched.

MrsG
02-12-2005, 06:12 PM
I always thought CBJ would be great in Grizzly Peak area. Hope the people in TDA are paying attention. ;)

Scalper10
02-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Have them sing California related songs.

Dock of the Bay
Hotel California
California Girls
Left my Heart in San Francisco

ect ect

Shortiemetoo
02-13-2005, 04:29 AM
Have them sing California related songs.

Dock of the Bay
Hotel California
California Girls
Left my Heart in San Francisco

ect ect

Thats a good idea Scalper! That could be really cute!

UncleGDogWord
02-13-2005, 12:57 PM
I miss CBJ so much! It was a real shame that the replaced it with that abortion of a Pooh Bear ride! :mad:

I think the problem in putting it in the Grizzly park area is space for the show building. Maybe they could be happy in the Backlot.

To dream... To sleep....ZzZzZ

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, because Bug's Land is reality. Isn't it?

Why yes, don't you see ants gathering food for the grasshoppers all the time at your hosue?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2005, 09:56 PM
Note - this is just an idea off the top of my head, not anything that's really planned for DCA :)

I was thinking, Disney loves recycling (see America Sings/Splash Mountain) and moving deleted favorites to DCA (see The Electrical Parade) so how about if the Country Bears took up residence in a new ride somewhere in the Grizzly Peak area? (I have no idea if there's the space for this in that area of the park, this is the "blue sky" phase of the idea :rolleyes: )

Why a ride and not a show? Because I'm a local theatre critic and I see enough shows, but I hardly ever get to go on rides :D

- Brent

I don't care where they put it, I just want it back! :crying:

itig
02-14-2005, 09:29 AM
Love this idea and honestly don't think anyone would notice if it's "out of theme" with the rest of DCA. I had no idea DCA was supposed to be "based on reality" until I read this posting. Bugs Land is a great example...and what about the Muppets????

bradk
02-14-2005, 09:40 AM
as usual, it's my fault. i wasn't thinking straight and forgot all about the bugs. the initial intent was to keep DCA as un-magic kingdom-like as possible by fashioning itself after california but i think they just follied on the whole thing and decided to bring in the bug's life thing to give kids something to do. the muppets can sort of squeak by since they're in the backlot area (and it does exist at disney mgm studios) and after all, it's all about movies there, but i guess overall, the park will just become another extension of the kingdom. seems to be losing its focus anyway. plus it has a ferris wheel.

Disneyfreak
02-14-2005, 09:43 AM
it's a nice thought, altho it won't work because the DCA park is built based on 'reality' and of course the California experience, so 7 foot dancing and singing bears would only work in the backlot area and only if there was some sort of tie-in to hollywood.

So for a bear wearing a rafting outfit for GRR is realistic?

JEFFJAGUAR
02-16-2005, 08:09 AM
I just had a great idea...there's a theatre in disneyland's magic kingdom near to Splash Mountain with some sort of idiotic show that nobody cares for....as a matter of fact it has 2 theatres there so we could have say a show for most of the year and a very special show for holiday time......

Seems to me that would be the perfect solution.

AmandasDad
02-16-2005, 08:49 AM
DCA's biggest problem is that it IS based on reality for the most part. Where's the magic in a setting like the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Napa or Yosemite at a theme park. If I want any of those I'll drive the few hours and see the real thing!

I think CBJ there would be great. Taking it out of DL was a big error although the kiddies do love the Pooh ride. I would be concerned that there would be too many shows though. CDA already has bugs life, Aladdin, Playhouse and one other (?).

-AmandasDad

DLR May 8-9, 2005