PDA

View Full Version : Intersting tram story

MonorailMan
12-20-2001, 08:27 AM
After coming back from McDonalds (On Ball Rd.), after we parked we got on the tram as normal, but, when we came to the Entrance Plaza, instead of pulling up to the drop off, the driver let up off in the middle of the road. We also had to walk in front of another tram. This seems so weird, there were only 4-5 people on the tram. There was even a group with there own stroller. After getting off, we also had to manuver through people that wanted on the next tram. Is this SOP? I thing if a Tie saw this he/she would blow his/her cap!

MouseWife
12-20-2001, 12:47 PM
It definitely does not sound right. What type of shuttle was it?
Ours was with the Embassy Suites, part of a thing called The Grove Shuttles {?}. The drivers had to make this horrid turn {but they did} and then they pulled up almost exactly to the same place each time. THEN they put out a foot stool, to make up for the distance between the last step and the ground.

Reminds me, I should call and compliment them. Especially after hearing your story.

I would think that NO ONE would do that as it does endanger the passengers.

I understand, though, that you would not know it wasn't SOP and I respect that you didn't argue the point before finding out the facts.

I hope your trip was fine otherwise. :)

MonorailMan
12-20-2001, 04:34 PM
No, GASP! This was the Disney tram, the one coming from Mickey and Friends, structure!

MouseWife
12-21-2001, 09:13 AM
Wow. Then, I might just call and or also write to the Corp. and advise them about the dangerousness of their practices. They will
probably say it isn't their practice and they are not liable, blah blah blah, but, your point isn't compensation, but safety.

On our trip, my husband came across a situation that he felt he needed to address, but didn't. {I need to remind him.} He works for the Convention Corp and was watching how they were setting up for breakfast at the hotel. He said the workers were bound to get hurt. Their equipment wasn't appropriate, the dollys or what ever. I told him he should contact the Manager and let them know. He didn't want to get anyone in trouble. I told him that it wouldn't, except maybe the manager. He should be on top of whatever is safe for his employees.

Well, enough of my blah blah blah. You have a great day what ever you do!

And, has anyone else had problems entering the site? I can hardly get on.

Crazytigger
01-02-2002, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
After coming back from McDonalds (On Ball Rd.), after we parked we got on the tram as normal, but, when we came to the Entrance Plaza, instead of pulling up to the drop off, the driver let up off in the middle of the road. We also had to walk in front of another tram. This seems so weird, there were only 4-5 people on the tram. There was even a group with there own stroller. After getting off, we also had to manuver through people that wanted on the next tram. Is this SOP? I thing if a Tie saw this he/she would blow his/her cap!

I also had a similar experience this weekend when I went. I rode the tram about 4 times total and I was only there from about 8pm until 11pm. I had some stuff to exchange and I did not want to carry it around so I went back to the car. The first trip in they let us off in the middle of the road like you said, only there was another tram parked on the curb so they told us not to go through it but in front or behind it. Lucky for me I was sitting in the back car. The next time I came back from the structure we had to stop and wait for another tram to clear. I saw another tram cast member walking by the drivers car because I was sitting in front this time. It had been raining that day so when we got the all clear to pull up to the station, the driver PEELED OUT. I almost lost it. Im sure he was trying to impress his buddy that was walking by, but if a suit saw that im sure it would have been his job. Anyway that was kind of long and winded but I thought worth sharing.