PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, last question (interviewing for a job)

Disneyland2004
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
this question is to anyone who works at the resort. me and my friend are planning on applying to the DLR in march for a job in june. we would just like to know since we will only be in LA for 2 days how the interview process works? like what you need to do to get an interview, what to wear, and do we need to call in advance about an interview? or are we suppost to walk in the office, fill out the application and get interviewed on the same day, we want to make sure. if anyone can help us out with any information please let me know. thanks.

p.s. is wearing a tie too much? lol

MrsG
02-10-2005, 07:50 PM
You can drop in at the Cast Place (on Ball Rd) M-F I think the times are 8:30-5:00, and submit an application. If you get there early enough, you could have an interview the same day. Some applicants need to come back for second interview. I would wear business casual clothes, though I saw many there in jeans and even more casual clothes. Check DisneyResortJobs.com first to see what is available. They may not be hiring yet for June jobs. Be prepared to answer 3 question - check out the Cast Member section of this site for good insight on the questions. Good luck!

aundyflys
02-11-2005, 07:50 AM
Dress ready for an interview-A tie is not necessary unless your applying for a corporate job. But do come prepared for an interview. No need to call ahead just show up, ask for an application and they will ask you if you would like to stay for an interview. Be prepared with 2 forms of I.D.- some people are hired on the spot, while others need to come back for a second interview. Good Luck! :)

bandboy1985
02-11-2005, 05:07 PM
i wore a tie.

and my ID picture looks gooooooooooooooooood. ;)

nerdeus
02-11-2005, 08:20 PM
Look as impressive as possible. I never understood those that came in with a t-shirt and jeans... sigh. Nicely shaven and combed hair, dress shirt (tie optional), dress pants, and dress shoes. Bring a resume if you have one but you definitely don't NEED to bring one.
Like everyone else said, you'll go in and get an application to fill out. Turn it in, and if they have spots available that day, they'll interview you then. Otherwise, you'll schedule an interview for another time.
You do NOT need to call in advance - but you should call the Disneyland Resort Jobline to check what positions are available so that you get a job in a department that you'll enjoy. (714) 766-0888

DLRCM
02-11-2005, 10:08 PM
I would definitely say wear a tie. I only say this because it will deifnitely seperate you from the others, especially since most of the people do not come prepared for the same day interview and show up wear jeans and a t-shirt. If you go to www.DisneylandResortJobs.com, they tell you what you should wear at the interview. Not all abide by their standards however. I do know, that when I interviewed (I was interviwed same day and got the job on the spot... I know it has changed a little since then), I wore business casual attire- button down shirt and skirt with heels. Oh, I felt so out of place! Most of the others there had on jeans. But then again, this might explain why only a few of us walked away with jobs.

Dress business casual. It will definitely improve your chances...