PDA

View Full Version : Wine Country Trattoria

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Have any of you eaten here and also do you know if we can view the Electric Light Parade from the outdoor seating area?

tjaa
02-10-2005, 05:01 PM
Have any of you eaten here and also do you know if we can view the Electric Light Parade from the outdoor seating area?
We ate there (upstairs) for the wife's B-Day last month, it was suggested by the waitress to stay and watch the ELP. Great veiw and still working on the after dinner drinks as it went by. Food and service were great, a little pricey but it was a B-Day celebration and my brother in law treated :) :) I believe the downstairs is a different resturant and more reasonabley priced.

Deogge's Mom
02-10-2005, 05:16 PM
We ate there (upstairs) for the wife's B-Day last month, it was suggested by the waitress to stay and watch the ELP. Great veiw and still working on the after dinner drinks as it went by. Food and service were great, a little pricey but it was a B-Day celebration and my brother in law treated :) :) I believe the downstairs is a different resturant and more reasonabley priced.

I thought the restaurant downstairs was the Trattoria and that The Vineyard Room was upstairs.

TrekkieDad
02-10-2005, 05:21 PM
I thought the restaurant downstairs was the Trattoria and that The Vineyard Room was upstairs.

Yup, that's the way I remember. I've eaten at the Trattoria downstairs twice. pannini, soup, and pasta are on the menu.

cstephens
02-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Yes, the two restaurants have completely different menus, completely different feel and completely different prices.

tjaa
02-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Yea, I thought it was two different places/prices. At the time of the ELP it's near closing time for the park and the restaurant is somewhat quite, should be able to upstairs for a better view (nice for photos).

kaybee2
02-15-2005, 12:31 PM
We ate on the patio during our trip in December. Had a great view of the parade, but the food was so-so at best and we had the worst service I've ever had at anywhere Disney. I wouldn't consider going back.

:(

iAmJacksDLand
02-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I absolutely love this place:

Their panini's (when grilled) are excellent and their chedder cheese soup is to die for.

However, I will agree that the service is not outstanding... :rolleyes:

TikiGeek
02-15-2005, 12:43 PM
I have to say that we have had bad luck at the Trattoria :(. We have eaten there 3 times - the pannini press was "not working" twice. Cold sandwiches that were meant to be served hot really suck. The last time we were there (and I do mean the last time!) we had the pasta....it was cold and bland. The service was good though, they were very sorry that the food was so bad :rolleyes:. Now, if we want Italian food we go Naples in DTD - very good but very expensive.

Hawaiian Cinderella
02-15-2005, 01:38 PM
WOW...thank you for all of your insight. I REALLY appreciate it. I called Disney Dining for reservations last Thursday. I was put on hold for a looooong time. When the lady finally got back on she told me for a party of 13 I would have to ask the manager if we can make reservations. She transferred me to his line and I left a message on his voicemail but he has yet to call me back. So this place may be out because I don't feel like paying long distance to be put on hold and leaving a message that won't be returned again.

mkcbunny
04-20-2005, 06:23 PM
WOW...thank you for all of your insight. I REALLY appreciate it. I called Disney Dining for reservations last Thursday. I was put on hold for a looooong time. When the lady finally got back on she told me for a party of 13 I would have to ask the manager if we can make reservations. She transferred me to his line and I left a message on his voicemail but he has yet to call me back. So this place may be out because I don't feel like paying long distance to be put on hold and leaving a message that won't be returned again.
The Trattoria is good foor a salad and glass of wine at lunch, especially for adults who need a little rest. But I have to echo the service issue. Maybe it's because we always sat out on the patio and they forget about you? I don't know. Food is fair, but I'm not sure it's worth high expectations. That said, I guess with 13 people, they won't forget about you. And there is definitely a lot of space there for a large group. Never eaten at the Vineyard Room. Maybe if we win the lottery tonight, we'll go ...

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-20-2005, 06:30 PM
The Trattoria is good foor a salad and glass of wine at lunch, especially for adults who need a little rest. But I have to echo the service issue. Maybe it's because we always sat out on the patio and they forget about you? I don't know. Food is fair, but I'm not sure it's worth high expectations. That sais with 13 people, they won't forget about you, and there is definitely a lot of space there for a large group. Never eaten at the Vineyard Room. Maybe if we win the lottery tonight, we'll go ...
see my other post that I just wrote.....
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=39477
We ate at the Trattoria. The food (lasagna) was really good but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have any other types of pasta to choose from and menu choices were somewhat limited. We all ate lasagna several different ways and one of us had the panini sandwich which they said was good. We got seating by the wall and they roped off the walkway to the restaurant during the ELP so no one would block our view.