PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon

cannondale
02-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone! We will be visiting Disneyland on our honeymoon from March 19-21. Has anyone got advice for any perks that we could get along the way? I have heard that Disney is great about this and we will be staying on Disney property at the GCH. We already booked through AAA and got the unlimited fastpasses, are eating at Blue Bayou, and are planning on going to the balcony dessert buffet for Fantasmic (as soon as the phone lines open for that day!). Any other suggestions on things to do or say to make our honeymoon more memorable?

bradk
02-10-2005, 07:16 PM
i'm not sure if vacation planning is of any use because you went through AAA, but the basic piece of advice is let everyone know it's your honeymoon. hotels in general (not just at disney) are known to do things like free room upgrades. essentially any chance you can get, and where appropriate, i would politely suggest to CMs that you're on your honeymoon and ask if there's anything you can do to enhance it, starting at the front desk at check-in.

but of course, don't demand or expect anything.

and don't do anything foolish on POTC. there are cameras EVERYWHERE

by the way, I believe the Fantasmic buffet starts taking reservations 30 days before the date, so you're risking it by waiting until that day (altho it's still possible). also, balcony seating is first-call, first serve.

blue bayou will take reservations that day (that's the one you should do as soon as possible and show up 15-20 mins before your reservation if you're hoping for a water side table).

also, if you take the 'welcome to disneyland' tour for a measly $25pp, you'll get a whole bunch of perks including priority seating for one of the applicable restaurants for any night of your stay.

Shortiemetoo
02-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful time!!! Blue bayou has a wonderful atmosphere and from everything I have heard the GCH is awesome!! :D

bassett1976
02-10-2005, 08:08 PM
My wife and I had a wonderful time at DLR during our honeymoon. First, make sure you buy the Bride and Groom hats and wear them as long as you can stand it. We felt more of the magic when we had our hats on.

We had our last dinner at Napa Rose. We didn't tell them that it was our honeymoon but they asked us what the occasion was. We told them it was our honeymoon and they ended up buying us dessert. On each of our plates was the word "Congratulations" written in chocolate. It was a nice touch!

We had a great meal at the Blue Boyou and try to get there early and ask for a water side table. The Fantasmic dessert buffet was wonderful! We got seats in the balcony and were able to see the fireworks, try and get tickets to the show right before the fireworks if you want to watch them. It was nice not having to fight the crowds to see the show. The dessert was incrediable. Eat an early dinner and make it light so you can save some room.

Also, we got some great pictures with the characters while wearing our hats. Some of my favorite memories.

While wearing your hats, you can sometimes ask for special requests. We asked for a log to ourself on Splash (we went off peak hours though) and we got pictures on our favorite rides (like Haunted Mansion).

sdfilmcritic
02-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Hey everyone! We will be visiting Disneyland on our honeymoon from March 19-21.You should have the best honeymoon ever! (That's the weekend of my b-day. :D )

sunnyca
02-11-2005, 07:02 AM
I remember that my friend got a bunch of balloons and a picture from the "gang" congratulating them on their marriage. Whenever I make reservations for a Disney Hotel they always ask me if there's a special occassion and they make a note of it. Enjoy!! :)