PDA

View Full Version : Networked and non-networked Fastpasses

kameko
02-10-2005, 11:39 AM
what are the currently networked and non-networked fastpasses at each park? trying to prepare for my saturday trip...

Mickeyslittlehelper
02-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I may not be correct but i think they are these:

Disneyland Network:
-BTMRR
-Indy
-Splash
-Autopia

DCA:
-Screamin'
-Mullholland Madness
-Soarin over Cali
-ToT

Independent machines:

-Roger Rabbit
-Star Tours
-and GRR

kameko
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
thank you!!

MrsG
02-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Darkbeer! Calling Darkbeer! Someone needs your link!

yummy mummy
02-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Whats the difference????

olegc
02-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Covered by the truly dedicated Darkbeer...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31965&highlight=FastPass+Guide

Darkbeer
02-10-2005, 02:02 PM
FYI, Star Tours machines have been turned off for the last few weekends, so it looks like these machines are history.....

Bigiver
02-11-2005, 06:16 AM
What is the difference between networked and independent fast pass machines?

bradk
02-11-2005, 06:28 AM
let's see how complicated i can make this.

first, know that the fastpass machines in DL are completely separate from those from DCA.

second, let's assume we're in DL, although the same would be true for DCA

third, when you get a fastpass, you are issued a return time window which is based on a calculation derived from the average number of guests that pass through the ride per hour

fourth, now that you have this fastpass, you are not allowed to acquire another fastpass in the same park until either two hours have passed or your return time window for the aforementioned fastpass has come/gone, whichever is first.

those are the rules. now the exceptions.

the fastpass machines know to deny you a fastpass if you've already have one recently issued, because they are NETWORKED or CONNECTED -- they talk to each other. so, when a fastpass machine is NOT NETWORKED, or DISCONNECTED, it only knows about the fastpasses that it alone issues. so it will offer you a fastpass for its attraction regardless of any other fastpasses you may have already gotten or will get.

and the other exception is the enhanced fastpass which is only available to those who book through Disney Vacations or AAA (although I've read contradicting reports as to whether AAA still offers this or not).

as a sidebar, if you take the 'Welcome to Disneyland' tour for $25pp, they will get you a total of 4 fastpasses plus take you through a couple of attractions, amongst other perks. the tour lasts approximately 2 1/2 hours, so if waiting on line for those rides without the fastpass would go over 2 1/2 hours, you're well ahead of the game.

Darkbeer
02-11-2005, 07:07 AM
and the other exception is the enhanced fastpass which is only available to those who book through Disney Vacations or AAA (although I've read contradicting reports as to whether AAA still offers this or not).

The "Enhanced FASTPASS" feature is an exclusive of AAA Vacations (also available to CAA members)

To quote the January thru December, 2005 AAA Vacations Disneyland Resort catalog (Item# 5270A). From the back cover of the 42 page glossy catalog.

Exclusive! Disney's FASTPASS Benefit with Resort Stay

Collect Disney's FASTPASS tickets for multiple attractions at one time when your package includes a stay at a Disneyland Resort Hotel.

bradk
02-11-2005, 07:14 AM
gotcha. i apologize, i must have misread something somewhere. but does this mean disney vacation planning doesn't offer them either now?

Darkbeer
02-11-2005, 07:36 AM
gotcha. i apologize, i must have misread something somewhere. but does this mean disney vacation planning doesn't offer them either now?

Not since 2003. In 2004, AAA got the rights to the Enhanced FASTPASS option, though WDTC can offer it in international packages for sale in places other than Canada and the USA, so they won't compete with AAA. (Which are basically WDTC packages rebranded with the AAA logo).