PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to DL orientation?

aundyflys
02-10-2005, 07:49 AM
I have DL orientation (Traditions) this weekend and just wanted to find out what to expect.

Also if anyone has been to the Entertainment class and what to expect there.

JivinJungleSkipper85
02-11-2005, 04:27 AM
I have DL orientation (Traditions) this weekend and just wanted to find out what to expect.

Also if anyone has been to the Entertainment class and what to expect there.

Traditions is actually a lot of fun...when I did it (fall of '03) we went into TDA, and there we met others just hired in, and we learned about the company, and how things are run, and we did some group activities...we got a tour of TDA, and then a tour of Disneyland, DCA, DTD, and the hotels, including backstage areas...lunches were free (well, $10 worth or so)...I remember the last stuff we did before getting our ID's and name tags was this game show style thing...it's an absolute blast!!!

My team won...yay...

Have Fun!!! and reply back to here, let me know how it goes, and whats changed...REMEMBER!!!

The Four Keys
Safety
Courtesy
Show
Efficiency

Code of Guest Service
Smile
Eye Contact Body Language
Respect and Welcome
Value the Magic
Initiate Guest Contact (interaction)
Create Service Solutions
End with a Thank You

CONGRATS!!!!

aundyflys
02-12-2005, 04:26 PM
Well I survived 'Traditions'- actually it was pretty fun, however I am exhausted.

We checked in and then entered the auditorium. Watched a few videos, and then introduced ourselves and what department we are going to( most seem to be going to stores and attractions).
Then we headed to another room were we watched more videos and then played some games.
Then we headed out for the walking tour. They took us over to the carousel and took a group picture( which the gave us at the end of the day). Then it was off to have lunch. After lunch we went on H.I.S.T.A. and Innoventions, then we headed back to the casting center.
We then watched some more videos, and then watched some pretty funny skits.
We then headed back to the auditorium were Mickey Mouse handed out our name tags, group photo and I.D. badges.
It was then time to go home. Ill be back tomarrow for my department orientation. :D

I Heart Disneyland!
02-13-2005, 10:15 AM
The Four Keys
Safety
Courtesy
Show
Efficiency

Code of Guest Service
Smile
Eye Contact Body Language
Respect and Welcome
Value the Magic
Initiate Guest Contact (interaction)
Create Service Solutions
End with a Thank You

CONGRATS!!!!

These are SO much like the ones Bank of America uses (where I work). In fact, they use, courtesy, efficiency and show!!!! Gee, I wonder which company they took them from?? ;)