PDA

View Full Version : TOT compared to...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Alpha1mom
02-10-2005, 05:42 AM
I'm totally a chicken when it come to roller coasters! It took 3 different trips to DL to get me on Space Mtn.
We're coming Feb 24th for Cheerleading Competition and my kids REALLY want me to do Tower of Terror.
How does this compare to Space Mtn, Indy or the Matterhorn?? I'll do these rides, but not the coaster or the mailboomer.

Thanks!

02-10-2005, 05:54 AM
It's freaky bad scary.

sdfilmcritic
02-10-2005, 05:56 AM
TOT goes up and down, and the others move forward really fast. I enjoy all these rides, but my scare tolerance for roller coasters is more lenient than the some.

SCUBAbe
02-10-2005, 06:00 AM
my mother hates all roller coasters except big thunder and she LOVES TOT and maliboomer...it's very smooth and fun..:)

Tutter
02-10-2005, 06:02 AM
I will try to give you some comparisons for me:

I have been on ToT many times - it scares me to death but in a good way - I love it.

I go on the matterhorn, but sometimes I find it very scary - I don't always feel secure or safe in it - so I find it scarier than ToT.

I would NEVER go on the Malaboomer. I have not been on Space Mountain in Anaheim. Indiana Jones I thoroughly enjoy and it doesn't scare me. I do go on Big Thunder Mountain and enjoy it. I go on California Screamin roller coaster and it scares me and I love it.

But the coasters are completely different to ToT - it is really unique. I know I would hate the Malaboomer thing - I simply don't go on because I know it would distress me. ToT I love - I was very scared to go on the first time - bbut once I did it once I loved it.

Incidently I went on Mulholland Madness coaster thing - only once - I was petrified to the point of desperately wanting off. I have not been on again since and never will.

I don't know if any of those comparisons help - but I'd say - try it - it really is fun and scary.

Alpha1mom
02-10-2005, 06:08 AM
Tutter, I like the way you sum it up! OK, I'll try it.
Thanks everyone for your replies!

pokeypoke
02-10-2005, 07:29 AM
If your worried about the drop, don't be. It is a controlled drop that is very smooth. The only part that is scary, is the initial short drop because you are expecting it but you're not quite sure of the exact moment it will happen. After that, you'll love it and will more than likely want to go on it again. If you can tolerate the drop on Splash Mountain, this will be a piece of cake. The special effects are quite good. My mother, who is 62 y.o. doesn't care for the Matterhorn, dreadfully tried ToT and thought it was great,

If you go to www.remainseated.com , there is an entire on ride video of the DCA version, which is very different from the WDW's version.

Pokey

Alpha1mom
02-10-2005, 09:58 AM
PokeyPoke, thanks for the great link! I watched the video, your right, piece of cake! BTW, I LOVE Splash Mtn!

Disneyland
02-10-2005, 11:22 AM
I took the TOT dare just once. I didn't care for the drops :(

JosieGirl71
02-10-2005, 02:32 PM
I have ridden all the "thrill" rides at DCA and DL and ToT scared me the most! I knew what to expect on Screamin' and Maliboomer but only knew we would be dropped on ToT. Little did I know that we would be dropped... and dropped... and dropped. :eek: I swore I wouldn't go on it again but I would go on the rest. However, now that I am planning our next trip, I am thinking that I will give it another try. :cool:

kbanmen
02-10-2005, 02:39 PM
I have ridden all the "thrill" rides at DCA and DL and ToT scared me the most! I knew what to expect on Screamin' and Maliboomer but only knew we would be dropped on ToT. Little did I know that we would be dropped... and dropped... and dropped. :eek: I swore I wouldn't go on it again but I would go on the rest. However, now that I am planning our next trip, I am thinking that I will give it another try. :cool:

I felt that way the first time I went on TOT, I came off shaking so badly for about an hour, but thought try it again, on the second time, I was actually crying before we dropped..then the third time I LOVED IT, I have now been on it over 20 times, and LOVE IT

QueenAlisha
02-10-2005, 04:12 PM
I hate drops, they scare me. I went on TOT for the first time in Dec. and after crying and almost walking out of the emergency exit. (thanks to CM Matt i stayed) I loved it, yes you drop but you dont get the same, im gonna puke feeling as on a coaster. after the first drop the screams were just for fun. Its a great ride, very smooth and fun. I think you'll like it.

SallySkellington
02-10-2005, 04:15 PM
I appriciate all of this advice as well. I was actually going to start a thread about this, too. I know a certain someone is going to make me go on it next time I'm in DL.

SCUBAbe
02-10-2005, 04:16 PM
The first time I went on TOT I was not sure whta to expect, but I loved it! was laughing almost the whole time..:)...laughing when I wasn't screaming. the drop is so fats and smooth I don't even get that "lost my stomach" feeling.

hbquikcomjamesl
02-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I have yet to do the Anaheim ToT, but I did the WDW one, two years ago. If you were to go through the ride picture archives (assuming they even keep them) from that day, I'd be the dorky-looking guy with one hand on his glasses and the other hand on the pens, guidemaps, notebook, and assorted Visa chits in his breast pocket.

Do take note: the drops are faster than freefall.

kbanmen
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
I LOVE THIS RIDE..the TOT is GREAT

TimBuk2
02-10-2005, 07:02 PM
I'm totally a chicken when it come to roller coasters! It took 3 different trips to DL to get me on Space Mtn.
We're coming Feb 24th for Cheerleading Competition and my kids REALLY want me to do Tower of Terror.
How does this compare to Space Mtn, Indy or the Matterhorn?? I'll do these rides, but not the coaster or the mailboomer.

Thanks!

BEST RIDE AT THE PARK !!!!!

Disney Vault
02-10-2005, 07:29 PM
You don't want to miss this ride.

HTHgal12
02-10-2005, 09:11 PM
i love TOT! It is so great! :)

MrsG
02-13-2005, 06:01 PM
If you can tolerate the drop on Splash Mountain, this will be a piece of cake.
Pokey - this has been the most helpful hint yet. I've done Splash many times (tho' each time I ask myself as we are headed toward the drop - why did I get on this ride??). I can't do coasters (it's not fear, just motion sickness) so I am still aprehensive about ToT.

jswtsang
02-13-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm a total ride wimp but I've been on the TOT in Florida so I assume the DCA one is similar. I'll describe how the ride is, basically you go up to the top, the door opens (in florida anyway) and you see outside. the rest of the experience is in the dark, so it's like having your eyes closed. Basically it feels like you're falling so you pull away from the seat a little, then it goes up so you crunch down in your seat a little, rinse lather and repeat for the amount of times it goes. It's not THAT bad, it's actually scarier b/c of the themeing in my opinion than the falling.

Then again I'm the same person who can sleep through an airplane in turbulence, so maybe i'm the wrong person to ask :)

jt

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
02-13-2005, 09:35 PM
I am afraid of heights if I am not moving fast, I will not go on a ferris wheel and I HATED MM. I will go on all the other "coaster" style rides at DLR, though. I however get scared every time I go on it, but I love ToT. There is no way you can get me on Maliboomer, simply because I would be able to see how high I am. Although you can see the height on ToT, when the doors open to the outside etc, it isn't like you are sitting there looking at nothing but how high you are.

Vegitabeta
02-14-2005, 12:17 AM
I think that TOT is so well themed, and I don't really think it's worse than Splash Mountain, because the drops don't seem to last as long.

kbanmen
02-14-2005, 07:33 AM
went on TOT again on saturday 3 times..LOVED THAT RIDE..this time I actually didnt hold on, I couldnt because a bigger man was beside me, and he was actually sitting on my hand railing

it was great not holding on though

BillsGirl
02-14-2005, 09:28 AM
If you like the feeling of not holding on, try lifting your feet off the ground as well!! It is an awesome feeling!!